Collectable Books

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Robspierre

Collectable Books

Post by Robspierre »

Hey Duke, you a Robert E Howard fan?

I've been collecting the Wandering Star/Subterranean Press Howard releases.

I finally got my hands on the final Conan volume from Wandering Star. Now all I need is to get my hands on the Soloman Kane volume.

I also got my hands on a signed hardcover of The Humanoids by Jack Williamson. This is my second Williamson autograph, the first is a personalized copy of his novel Demon Moon.

Williamson was a New Mexico icon in science fiction.

Rob
TheDukester

Re: Collectable Books

Post by TheDukester »

I am, indeed. I actually feel another "Howard phase" coming on ... it looks like Robert E. is going to be on the summer reading schedule, big-time.

Those are great editions you've got there. The only one I have is Ultimate Triumph, which has a place of honor on my shelves. For the others, I've taken the "poor man's" route of sticking with the Del Rey trade paperbacks. They look great all lined up, but they can't hold a candle to the Wandering Stars.

Here's a virtual shelf of my Del Reys, courtesy of Delicious Library 2:

I've got some other Howard, too, mostly in paperback and mostly not worth mentioning. I'm also pretty solid on the classic Conan comics from the late '70s to middle '80s. But, like I mentioned, I ain't got nothing like a nice run of the deluxe hardbacks. Good job on putting that together.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Sev

Post by Sev »

Nice collection Rob - like the Dukester I've had to content myself with the Del Rey paperbacks, got all but the new El Borak book and a 'Best of' one, though I am currently splashing out on a superb hardback collection collecting all of Clark Ashton Smith's stories in five volumes.
Freakzilla - "Apparently we can only aspire to be the 13th biggest Dune fan since we are not family or in the HLP."

Byron - "Are you trying to irk me?"
Superdog

Post by Superdog »

I own a copy of the History of the Standard oil Company that is worth $300-500.

I rented it from the library with honest intentions of reading it but I lost it in a move and ended up going in and paying for it (I think they charged me $30 or so). Several months later it turned up in the bottom of a box and I noticed the published date is 1933. I looked around online and I can't find anyone selling an exact same copy but very similar ones go for $300-500. So I am currently trying to figure out the best way to sell it.
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

There are advantages to being single :wink:

I have numerous signed comics and original comic art, i should get some pics of those and post them.

I have two A Distant Soil pages
A From Hell page
A Pounded page

All signed by the artist

I also have a complete 5 page Betty and Veronica story with art by Dan Decarlo, the artist who created Jossie and the Pussycats, and the definitive Betty and Veronica artist. I didn't get a chance to get them signed before he passed away but I do have a set of prints I purchased from him and his wife signed. I loved talking with them, his wife Jossie is this wonderful French woman who told great stories.

Rob