Hello to all!

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

tenfingersofdoom

Hello to all!

Post by tenfingersofdoom »

After swimming for a long time in a sea of mediocrity where overpaid dictahikers and alcoholics and raging nepotism have diluted creativity, I found an island of sanity and hate. Hate that will sustain me for a long time. We must do our best to cut off the marionette hands that soullesly transmit insanity to computer and paper from the humankind hating minds of Briomnius and Kevrasmus. These hands that pat themselves on the back. :Adolf:

However, I can be a nice person too. Hello everyone, I look forward to adding my own brand of insanity to this site.
Kevin J. Anderson is so stupid he thinks he invented The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen since he wrote the movie tie-in.
A Thing of Eternity

Re: Hello to all!

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Hello.
tenfingersofdoom

Post by tenfingersofdoom »

I first got introduced to dune from the Lynch Movie. That started me reading the books in elementary school, I probably didnt comprehend a thing from any of them but that didnt stop me from trying. A few years later I wanted to get back into the series so I went to value village to get Dune, which I remembered as being My only favorite. I found a paperback with the movie cover, bought it and took it home to find out that it was autographed. Thats probably the real reason i bought Grunters and Sadworms, to build an autographed dune collection. A few years after that when my childhood aversion to abstract ideas and large words being made archaic by todays education system went away, i went to buy the whole series again. I found someones hardbound collection of the butlerian jihad all the way to chapterhouse with dreamer of dune included. I remeber being excited by the glittering promise of a dune 7.
Legends of dune was shit, houses of dune wasnt terrible, dune 7 was a bait and switch.
About myself, I am a structures mechanic on the 787 Nightmareliner in everett, on a daily basis I deal with hacks of a global partnership type. Thats why I hate ignorance, mediocrity and self fellating.
We need some orthodox herbertarian t-shirts to wear proudly to booksignings and conventions.
Kevin J. Anderson is so stupid he thinks he invented The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen since he wrote the movie tie-in.
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Welcome!

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Welcome :)
tenfingersofdoom wrote:We need some orthodox herbertarian t-shirts to wear proudly to booksignings and conventions.
Agreed... anyone know a screen-printer? :P
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/sell/i ... page=learn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Holy hell, that would be great. I've bought lots of stuff from Cafe Press over the years; the whole system is pretty painless.

Someone please make that shirt available.*

* In white, too, please. Unlike most SF/F fans, I know I don't look good in black.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Welcome! :orcs-buttshake:

You've come to the right place! We may not always be civil, but we do know a hack when we read 'em, and hear 'em, and see 'em...
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Welcome on board.

Keep hand, feet, and other body parts out of reach. (Some member have a tendency to bit) :mrgreen:
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

That t-shirt rules. I want one.
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Achlan wasachlan! :)

(DuneFishUK, I've got the Hairy Ticks Store site already set up on CafePress, no commissions charged, just price of T-shirt & shipping. Send me a PNG of the image, up to 10 x 10 inches real size, or upload it somewhere & send me the link, and I can put 'em up. :) Here's a link for the 10 x 10 inch apparel product template they use: http://www.cafepress.com/content/si/tem ... pparel.zip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; )
lotek

Post by lotek »

welcome and twice welcome to our Ichwan Bedwine!

DuneFish that t-shirt is amazing! Maybe with a Jacurutu logo somewhere it'd look even better?
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Welcome Home!
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

(Did we ever come up with a logo? :? It could go on the back, small & between the shoulders maybe?)
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

SandChigger wrote:(Did we ever come up with a logo? :? It could go on the back, small & between the shoulders maybe?)
How about the Atreides Imperial Fish and Fist?
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Un-de-railing this poor guy's intro thread.

OH Merch Thread - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2262&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Thodol

Post by Thodol »

Welcome!