Stumped as to WHY this part of the site exists

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Mandy
Cat Herder

Re: Stumped as to WHY this part of the site exists

Post by Mandy »

We should send Harwood up there, I bet he'd like her honey.
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Mandy wrote:We should send Harwood up there, I bet he'd like her honey.
*shudders*

Why, Mandy, why? :cry:
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Maybe he's a Vegan?

I mean, with an esophagus just looking to kill him next chance it gets, you'd think he'd have to watch what he eats, right? :P
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
lotek

Post by lotek »

you are a Image
but that's ok :)
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

Aw, they'd be perfect together. :)
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

He'd just wind up slapping the crap out of her. It's the circle of life, baby.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Superdog

Post by Superdog »

If you think this is weird you should see how much ire Star Wars fans direct at George Lucas, the man who created the entire thing.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Yeah, but he's kinda-sorta an idiot, no? ;)

Omphalos wrote:He'd just wind up slapping the crap out of her. It's the circle of life, baby.
Well, 'bout the first time she sassed him and he knocked her glasses off her face, she'd have the police (or the Mounties?) out to kick him out and that'd be the end o' that.

You kinda get the impression that all her relationships end with the involvement of law enforcement? :?

I wonder if she still keeps granny in her urn on the front porch or not. :think:

Reminds me, I haven't checked the Red Deer Advocate Obituaries for a while... Now was that last name with an IN or an EN? :lol:
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

need to keep an eye on the Norman, Oklahoma obits, too ...

insert generic chan image/ General Akbar / "it's a trap" / &etc.
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

SandChigger wrote:I wonder if she still keeps granny in her urn on the front porch or not. :think:
Granny is under the front porch, dude, or maybe in the hall closet by now. And gramps is in an unmarked grave near the penitentiary cemetery.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

wait ... what ?

you're saying Frank's Notes are in the urn with Hyppo's Grandma under her porch ?

is this the treasure of which James Charwood has spoken ?

suddenly, it all seems so clear ...
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

WHAT?! HUH?! :shock:

Oh, you said so clear.

Hey, by the way, when is ButtBelow coming back to play? It's really no fun if he just pops in, shits on a few threads and then fooks off again. :(

Or maybe he gets lost in teh Internetz? :shifty:
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Onasander wrote:Frank isn't talked about him as much... (which is embarrassing and awkward to any true Frank Herbert Fan, just as if the majority of discussions of The Book of Mormon would be to most Protestant Christian Denominations on their websites...... anyone visiting would say WTF?!?)
I think that's a brilliant analogy and, furthermore, that has actually happened to me. I was on the Protestant Christian Denominations websites, and I was like, "WTF?!?"
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

I agree with you Onasander, why one earth would anyone ever want to discuss a conflicting veiwpoint/product to their own? :roll:
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Where did he go? I need more posts for my Onasander Compilation. So far, I've got plenty of Jung, I've got "Your A Hater", Satur-dekar was Gurkhas, Exploiting the Void :Adolf: , and "Your A Hater: Parts 2 through 10." This is gonna be a sweet-ass book, but I need a little bit more "Your A Hater."
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

That's what I like to see, someone going straight for the jugular. :lol:

(Me, I prefer one of the carotids myself — rich, oxygenated blood. Yum! :twisted: )
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

these kinda dudes just don't last long ... no staying power ... they'll claim they've got "Real Lives"
and can't spend all day on the net arguing and flaming ... (like we can, implied) ... but we they realize
they can't "win", whatever their definition of "win" is, they quit ... 'cause they're losers ... they
get into that intrnt, srs bsn mode and miss the honest entertainment ... Onan thought
he was giving/getting the good entertainment, but his heart just ain't pure ...

plus, I think he's got some ego problems ... the lecturing, pseudo-authoritarian Voice doesn't
go well around here when you've got no substance in the argument .... hey, Arnoldo ?

when he started trying to contribute "Dune" substance, and was mocked for that, he called it "Mission Accomplished" ...

plus, well .... loser .... :shrugs-shoulders-turns-disappears-into-mesquite:

disclaimer: while I believe most of the above statements are true, and an accurate description of the
situation, it should also be understood that it is troll-bait ... my true desire is see Onan return to
refute the statements, or continue to post so as to provide the good entertainment ..

>> also, the above "disclaimer" is also troll bait, as one of the options Onan will consider upon
reading that is not "giving me what I want", and not posting to punish me, which is also
an acceptable resolution ...
ImageImage

merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

SandRider wrote: they'll claim they've got "Real Lives" and can't spend all day on the net arguing and flaming ... (like we can, implied)
yeah, because it's so difficult to get access to the internet these days :roll:
Onasander

Post by Onasander »

and I understand the point you're trying to make - tho your execution sucks ...
there's more content on Frank here than anywhere else in the world, save Fullerton ...

if you don't like the TheKJA hate-fest, skip it ... mocking and exposing Keith, Brian, Merritt, and
the HLP is a large part of the jihad ... and serves as a vent for the anger and frustration that
builds up when the whole sorry mess is contemplated too long ..

or, fuck yourself and die in a fire .... I don't care either way ...
Oh, that's so sweet- especially when you started comparing me to the friends you made in the past, it's making me feel all warm inside..... I think I've really touched you inside. To know, there will always be a place in your heart for me, where I'll be burning alive, moaning and begging for the sweet, merciful embrace of death, while you prod me with irons.

A few more days until I move.... two more classes. Been busy as of late. I hope you all the best of luck. I could post more- and will make a occasional drop in- but I already responded to most of the Frank Herbert related Dune posts here on this site.... most of it is KJA stuff. I haven't read 95 percent of them once I posted into them either- much less responded. Someone mentioned in this tread I changed my avatar because of them- no, the reason I made it in the first place was to piss Byron off- I did the same on Dune Novels. I deleted it when I realized I was being hypocritical.... I think it was posting this thread initially that made me it.

I think it's okay, and even healthy to remember Byron is a douchebag. It's not wrong to note KJA's book suck, or to have a occasional discussion on them...... it's when everyone has a avatar of them, follow their every publication, every press release, and read their every single twitter account mention- and then mock them for reading THIS site- the most active site on the internet mentioning them- and posting multiple times everyday on them..... that I begin to think it's a bit odd.... not just odd- insane. And then to drag Frank Herbert into the mix- a respectable author who neither had anything to do with this mess, nor his books- is even worst. Keep Frank separated from this crap- and for certain members of this site- quit running Beverly's name and image into the dirty- talking about Jacking off into her mouth in the gay zombie thread, or Frank's other son..... that's disrespectful as you can possibly get to the old man.

I'll post occasionally- seeing if the Frank Herbert content of this site has improved.... and won't start posting large until it happens- the site pretty much dried up in terms of Dune related content. No- I am not writing a book on copyright law- I merged my resources for it into a larger wiki, at the request of others. You don't need to know my book I have out- it's not Dune related in the least (I don't bother wit grammar when I post, sticking to how I talk, but do when I write for published works.) The only thing I am publishing anytime soon that would be of interest to people on this forum is a introduction to Mesopotamian myths- including a section dedicated to the myths Frank took for creating Children of Dune and God Emperor of Dune..... and herbert corp can't do a damn thing to stop it legally, as I am in my full rights- something you learn when you actually sit down and study copyright law.... what you can and can't legally say. Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years- anything posted here will be forgotten, as both the new novels are undoubtedly going to be neglected..... and the memory of this site will be listed as a footnote in theory of literature and criticism under the listing 'Talifan'.... and this site won't even get predominate claim to it.

Banning is stupid- if someone wanted to troll, they would just registered, and then with a stronger grudge. We had a suicidal 16 year old do it on our forum for 2 years until he finally offed himself.

I said what I wanted to say- you get my drift, and most of you have a need to put up a front to deny it..... at least Sandrider had enough guts and honesty to say it in a sideways manner. I am moving- as in only taking my ruck with me- to the other side of the country. I won't be wasting my time at the library posting here everyday- especially since there is so very little new (that isn't a response to something I've posted in a thread- most of my posts on this site have nothing to do with KJA or my Trolling- I only troll trollers- interested in NEW Dune content, ideas, and insights- not chit chat on my own musings suddenly reviving a thread- I'm not Narcissistic enough for that)

I hope everyone get's over this 'Frank's been dead forever- we can't talk about his ideas as nothing is new' or 'KJA is evil and ruined Dune, and I will therefore stalk and mock him on a hourly basis until the day I die' movement. Frank is a philosopher, a great mind, and great writer- his story is far from over. There is still MUCH to be said. Don't give up- fight the hard fight, and turn this KJA site into a Frank Herbert fansite- Frank deserves that much. Have some respect for him, and those he loved. Am I asking you to give up thinking KJA is a useless hack? No- I think that as well.... but it's not what I choose to focus my life upon.

Say you chunk of mandatory hate- I'll say goodbye before I go, and hello once again farther into the future. I hope the effects of this storm as sunk into you collective minds. I neither need not care for most of you to like me- I do need people to like Frank though- and this site claims him as their cause and reason for posting even though it's clearly not the case for most to do so. Don't sulk and mock others in ressentiment, especially not the pathetic fools. Come back to Dune. Ride the sandworms once more, and face the sands and horizons with dignity.

(Hugs Sandrider, knowing he is parting for a time with a potentially close, personal friend.... but it's only for a time...... friends have a way of rising above the divides of time and place- the elasticity of friendship can never keep them apart, not even in death.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kzO-TRUV-g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Onasander wrote:Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ...
:lol:

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

:obscene-birdiedoublered:

:teasing-knob:

:greetings-waveyellow:
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Lundse

Post by Lundse »

Onasander wrote:It's not wrong to note KJA's book suck, or to have a occasional discussion on them...... it's when everyone has a avatar of them, follow their every publication, every press release, and read their every single twitter account mention- and then mock them for reading THIS site- the most active site on the internet mentioning them- and posting multiple times everyday on them..... that I begin to think it's a bit odd....
I agree this far. And looking back at my own posts, I guess its just so damn easy to fire off a post about KJA et al. It is a simple subject, and you are sure to have most people here agree with you, if you criticise the McDune books. Writing a thoughtful post about Dune takes some mental word, but is course also much more interesting and rewarding...

Most of the criticising, mocking, etc. is just camaraderie and good fun. I do, however, find that actively trying to engage KJA fans, explaining our standpoint and arguing the inconsistencies, is worthwhile - as long as we are open to debate, and they fail to respond to the criticism, I think an important point has been proven.

Onasander wrote:I hope everyone get's over this 'Frank's been dead forever- we can't talk about his ideas as nothing is new' or 'KJA is evil and ruined Dune, and I will therefore stalk and mock him on a hourly basis until the day I die' movement. Frank is a philosopher, a great mind, and great writer- his story is far from over. There is still MUCH to be said.
Amen :-)
(Yes, the joke is deliberate; the appropriate quote about starting cults is well remembered).
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Even though I think you overestimate the percentage of our members who have elevated their KJA hate to a professional level, all I have to say is this...

The more you love FH/Dune, the more you hate KJA. If you don't hate him just a little you either don't understand the importance of FH's work or you don't realize how little KJA respects it. Even if you don't want to hate him for the careless Dune books he dictates, there's plenty of room to hate him just for being egotistical prick when dealing with criticism. There were forums full of KJA haters in other franchise fan forums before we got here, this ain't his first rodeo.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Ah, so much of Ona-idiot's argument is so full of shit that it should be added to the list of "Preek Arguments." Red Bug Idiot tried the same thing, and I'm sure others have tried the same line of "reasoning." It doesn't hold up to scrutiny, though. Two points:

1. Of course there's Anderhack and Bobo Herbert discussion here — you know, since they are the writers of the last ELEVEN fucking Dune books and all. That sort of makes them hard to ignore. For better or worse (and by that I mean "worse"), those two idiots are Dune right now. They're writing the books; they've doing the tours; they (meaning TheKJA) are keeping up with social media and networking; they are the ones in the news, and on and on and on. In terms of visibility, what's Frank Herbert done lately, other than die in the 1980s?

So, seriously, the only possible response to "You guys talk about TheKJA a lot at this Dune site" is ... "DUH!" Jesus wept, it's not like there's all kinds of other options. Sure, someone could start a "pure" Dune site if they wished to, but, importantly, this site has never been advertised as such.

2. For a group of people who "never talk about Dune," there sure seems to be an awful lot of Dune discussion here.

Which doesn't even count all of the times that FH and/or classic Dune is brought up in other threads, which happens so routinely that no one even bothers to remark upon it.

Conclusion: Argument is not valid. Onsasander fails on an epic scale.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

wow - maybe Onan should hook-up with Charwood - he's fucking delusional enough ....
ImageImage

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Lundse wrote:I do, however, find that actively trying to engage KJA fans, explaining our standpoint and arguing the inconsistencies, is worthwhile - as long as we are open to debate, and they fail to respond to the criticism, I think an important point has been proven.
One of your admirable, endearing qualities. ;)

I didn't bother reading Anusunder's screed, so I'll just sample the quote from Lundse's post:
Onasander wrote:I hope everyone get's over this 'Frank's been dead forever- we can't talk about his ideas as nothing is new'
WHAT fucking site are you talking about? No one here thinks or has ever posted anything of the sort. You've just got this preconceived and SERIOUSLY MISTAKEN notion about what we're about and you're just addressing that. You're just engaging in conversational masturbation. Mmmmm, feel so good? You really are no better than that Harwood clown we dealt with last week.
'KJA is evil and ruined Dune, and I will therefore stalk and mock him on a hourly basis until the day I die'
As I've told any number of stupid preeqs: my life, my time to spend as I choose. If you think I'm wasting my time and energy, well, you run along and spend yours however you choose. (I'd advise a grammar & spelling refresher course at some point, but that's just me. :) )
Frank is a philosopher, a great mind, and great writer- his story is far from over. There is still MUCH to be said.
So say something intelligent for a change about Frank Herbert and Dune, how's about? Your opinions on this forum, its management, and its membership are of ZERO INTEREST.