Hellhole Website now up

Moderators: ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos, Freakzilla

D Pope

Re: Hellhole Website now up

Post by D Pope »

As much as I hate to admit it, there's just no way to refute this preeq arguement. :confusion-shrug:

edit; there's a perverse part of me that looks forward to seeing you third point in KJAs next interview.
Last edited by D Pope on 20 Aug 2010 21:09, edited 1 time in total.
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
Mr. Teg

Post by Mr. Teg »

Sev wrote:The wheels have officially fallen off of this effort now - release date in the U.K. has now been pushed back from October to February, still one month ahead of its U.S. release.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
That is funny!
Didn't the journeyman just twit the other week the last edit was just sent off to the publishers!?

And the immediate results...

(drum roll please)

"Um, hey Mr. Anderson...I mean guys...let's push this back to the following year."

:laughing-rolling:
CHOAM
Combine Herbert Ober Anderson Mercantile, Narf!
Brian, Kevin & Byron :? :cylon101: :roll: The HLP
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Hellhole (The Hell Hole Trilogy) by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson (Hardcover - Mar 15, 2011)
Buy new: $25.99 $17.15

Kindle Edition
Available for Pre-order
The only thing I could find on amazon. It didn't copy/paste but the $25 price is cut to $17.15, can't imagine why they'd do that for a book that hasn't been printed yet.

What a frustrating place! Hard to find stuff there.
Is anyone else offended by KJ & BH names coming up in Dune reviews? In 'customer reviews'I searched KJA & got reviews of FH books.

edit; I just noticed the ETA, the ides of march!
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
Mr. Teg

Post by Mr. Teg »

Quote from the UK cover of Hellhole
Only the most desperate would ever dare to make a home on Hellhole.
Only the most desperate would ever dare write such a book Hellhole.
CHOAM
Combine Herbert Ober Anderson Mercantile, Narf!
Brian, Kevin & Byron :? :cylon101: :roll: The HLP
Kojiro

Post by Kojiro »

TheDukester wrote: 2. The editors are speaking here, and what they're saying is: "Wow, this manuscript you turned in is awful, even for you hacks. It cannot be published in its current state. Back to the drawing board, geniuses."
This is very likely the reason. Someone at Tor read and realized: "HEY! This shit is really shit!"
Has not religion claimed a patent on creation for all of these millennia?
-The Tleilaxu Question,
from Muad'dib Speaks
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

:lol:

After thinking about the history here, how BAD has it got to be for the publisher to play that card?! PEW!
Does Springtime for Hitler ring a bell? Nevermind, that was funny.
-Omphalos
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Mr. Teg wrote:Quote from the UK cover of Hellhole
Only the most desperate would ever dare to make a home on Hellhole.
Ooooooh... titillating!

Nobody's gonna read that shit.
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

I just realized how really weird/significant this is... for some reason a pushback didn't seem very signifcant until now. I'm used to books being delayed all the time, but by the author.

KJA finishes books almost immediately, certainly within a year, so this is ALL the publisher saying nah. I know that was obvious from the start, and I got it on one level but I'm just now thinking about the business of this. You're a distributer (not a perfect analogy I know) and one of your manufacturers has a new product and you say "wait a year"? What the FUCK is that? A simple yes or no makes more sense, unless they're too sissy to say no and I seriously doubt that.

This might actually have been sent back for a re-write... why else wouldn't it just be yes or no? That is bloody AMAZING and a wonderful message right to KJA.

I'm happy now.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Can you imagine those publishers, being all pumped that they got the final draft ahead of schedule and then one of them actually reads it and thinks, Oh fuck, we paid for this shit?! Kids really are stupid these days. Hey, can we put this thing out next to a Dune book or the movie or something?
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Nekhrun wrote:Can you imagine those publishers, being all pumped that they got the final draft ahead of schedule and then one of them actually reads it and thinks, Oh fuck, we paid for this shit?! Kids really are stupid these days. Hey, can we put this thing out next to a Dune book or the movie or something?
Without DUNE on the cover, they might as well be publishing Harwood: usually blue jeans casual and straight, dead, Sci-Fi author, now Frank A. Walden (not to be confused with the real person, "Frank Walden").
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

merkin muffley wrote:Without DUNE on the cover, they might as well be publishing Harwood: usually blue jeans casual and straight, dead, Sci-Fi author, now Frank A. Walden (not to be confused with the real person, "Frank Walden").

Oh God: NO mercy! :laughing:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
lotek

Post by lotek »

Mr. Teg wrote:
Sev wrote:The wheels have officially fallen off of this effort now - release date in the U.K. has now been pushed back from October to February, still one month ahead of its U.S. release.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
That is funny!
Didn't the journeyman just twit the other week the last edit was just sent off to the publishers!?

And the immediate results...

(drum roll please)

"Um, hey Mr. Anderson...I mean guys...let's push this back to the following year."

this is hilarious!

That idiot's been bragging so much about his delivering on time that it's become his main "positive" point everytime he does his spin to whoever's chicken enough not to interrupt.
But again associating this to being a good writer in his stupid little mind left him wide open to critics as soon as his shield dropped...

and it dropped big time!

His own personal material(well plagiarism doesn't count here)turned down to fuck knows when!

I love it!
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

They've been talking about Hellhole since all of the Cast Out were disgruntled DN members, and this shit's still not going to see the light of day any time soon. It must really be awful considering the crap they're already had published. This book must be Race for God kind of bad.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Is that worse or marginally less worse than Sidney's Comet bad? :?

Have you ever had a look at any of the Timewub shit? :laughing:
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

SandChigger wrote:Is that worse or marginally less worse than Sidney's Comet bad? :?

I tried reading Race for God 3 times and never made it even close to as far as I did Paul of Dune.
I'd like to finish them just so I can talk about how bad they really are. I never picked up the masterpiece that is Sudanna, Sudanna. Byron really creams his panties when he talks about that one.

lotek

Post by lotek »

the best way to read a book by the journeyman is to read a couple of words per page un til the end...
For grunters and sadwurms I did exactly that and I still understood the little there was to understand :)
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:I just realized how really weird/significant this is... for some reason a pushback didn't seem very signifcant until now. I'm used to books being delayed all the time, but by the author.

KJA finishes books almost immediately, certainly within a year, so this is ALL the publisher saying nah. I know that was obvious from the start, and I got it on one level but I'm just now thinking about the business of this. You're a distributer (not a perfect analogy I know) and one of your manufacturers has a new product and you say "wait a year"? What the FUCK is that? A simple yes or no makes more sense, unless they're too sissy to say no and I seriously doubt that.

This might actually have been sent back for a re-write... why else wouldn't it just be yes or no? That is bloody AMAZING and a wonderful message right to KJA.

I'm happy now.
What are the other possibilities?
Are the presses busy with a large run of encyclopeadias? Is there a printers strike? Here's a good one, maybe the hacks have achieved 'tax shelter' status and the pub. intends to put the loss on next years books? Is it a marketing ploy- will delaying whip the preeqs & tweens into a frenzy? How cool would it be to have a buddy working for the publisher?

To the KJA, don't change a thing! There are other publishers around, screw those guys & find one!
-Omphalos
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Nekhrun wrote:
SandChigger wrote:Is that worse or marginally less worse than Sidney's Comet bad? :?

I tried reading Race for God 3 times and never made it even close to as far as I did Paul of Dune.
I'd like to finish them just so I can talk about how bad they really are. I never picked up the masterpiece that is Sudanna, Sudanna. Byron really creams his panties when he talks about that one.

I've read Sudanna, Suddana. Compared to the rest of his writings it's a fucking masterpiece. I'm wondering now if Frank did some behind the scenes help.

Rob
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Robspierre wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:

I've read Sudanna, Suddana. Compared to the rest of his writings it's a fucking masterpiece. I'm wondering now if Frank did some behind the scenes help.

Rob
That Timeweb stuff is atrocious. Plus, it sounds to me like he just changed a few of the names and motivations of Dune characters and imported them into his shit books. Did you know that a vanity press published the Timeweb books? He couldn't get Tor to touch it with a ten foot pole. :lol:

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Vanity press essentially means self-published right? You provide the money and they make it into physical books and get you distribution?

I guess he's got the money for it.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:Vanity press essentially means self-published right? You provide the money and they make it into physical books and get you distribution?
Essentially. There's other services offered, too ... but, bottom line, it's a whole bunch of wannabe authors selling their crap books mostly to each other.

(Sidebar: The Jacket is friends with a whole bunch of these types).
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Kojiro

Post by Kojiro »

I'm not surprised by that fact at all.
Has not religion claimed a patent on creation for all of these millennia?
-The Tleilaxu Question,
from Muad'dib Speaks
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Well I guess he likes to fluff possible attendees to the next Superstars Writing Seminar.
lotek

Post by lotek »

yeah that's keith all right, always thinking of the big picture!
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Funny y'all should mention Sidney's Comet, we were in the used book store Saturday an my husband saw a copy of that book and was teasing me that I should get it. (Don't worry, we didn't) :lol:
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.