I am Orthodox.

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Orthodox

Re: I am Orthodox.

Post by Orthodox »

Publically revealing who I am, my intentions, as well as my reasons for anonymity, will in time -- never make sense. It is not a question of when, but rather an answer of "Not going to happen". Wonder away, but I will not sacrifice certain things in the name of clarity.

Maybe in time that will change, but for now that is not appropriate request. Again, if you know, you know -- if you don't, PM me.
Any road followed precisely to its end leads precisely nowhere. Climb the mountain just a little bit to test it's a mountain. From the top of the mountain, you cannot see the mountain. -- Frank Herbert
lotek

Post by lotek »

are you Frank's zombie come back from the dead to eat the peanut that bobo and the hack call a brain?
Spice is the worm's gonads.
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

An enigma, wrapped in a riddle, shrouded in tissue, under a bridge. :P
lotek

Post by lotek »

is where I drew some blood :)
lotek

Post by lotek »

lotek wrote:are you Frank's zombie come back from the dead to eat the peanut that bobo and the hack call a brain?
and that they share I forgot to add
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Well whoever you are...Welcome (once more) friend.
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Orthodox wrote:Publically revealing who I am, my intentions, as well as my reasons for anonymity, will in time -- never make sense. It is not a question of when, but rather an answer of "Not going to happen". Wonder away, but I will not sacrifice certain things in the name of clarity.
Oh, okay.

This is the part where I don't give a shit, I guess.

Online anonymity is one thing — we are all strangers to each other in most senses, having never even met. But online "guess who I am!" games are annoying wastes of everyone's time.

Do us all a favor: please don't clog up multiple threads with this nonsense. Try to contain it to one or two threads. Kthxbai!
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

TheDukester wrote:
Orthodox wrote:Publically revealing who I am, my intentions, as well as my reasons for anonymity, will in time -- never make sense. It is not a question of when, but rather an answer of "Not going to happen". Wonder away, but I will not sacrifice certain things in the name of clarity.
Oh, okay.

Online anonymity is one thing — we are all strangers to each other in most senses, having never even met. But online "guess who I am!" games are annoying wastes of everyone's time.

Do us all a favor: please don't clog up multiple threads with this nonsense. Try to contain it to one or two threads. Kthxbai!
Agreed. We're all just SandChigger anyway.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Maybe in time that will change, but for now that is not appropriate request. Again, if you know, you know -- if you don't, PM me.
What a load of crap. Either tell who you are or shut up about it.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

TheDukester wrote:we are all strangers to each other in most senses, having never even met.
ALL strangers is not exactly accurate, I'm afraid: Mr Teg and I have met fairly regularly for lunch & podcast mayhem over the last couple of years, and he and Omph have met. And even swapped socks! :lol:
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

SandChigger wrote:
TheDukester wrote:we are all strangers to each other in most senses, having never even met.
ALL strangers is not exactly accurate, I'm afraid: Mr Teg and I have met fairly regularly for lunch & podcast mayhem over the last couple of years, and he and Omph have met. And even swapped socks! :lol:
I've tried to meet Omph, but he always keeps his distance.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

I would like to meet Chig and the rest of the sock-puppets one day...but will it ever truly happen ?????? :think: :confusion-shrug:
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Nekhrun wrote:I've tried to meet Omph, but he always keeps his distance.
Dewd ... you reek of Mountain Dew. :?

Someday, Eyes. If y'all won't come North, I'll eventually come South. :)
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

SandChigger wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:I've tried to meet Omph, but he always keeps his distance.
Dewd ... you reek of Mountain Dew. :?
Especially when I'm in his neck of the woods. Seems like every time I'm in San Francisco that they're test marketing new flavors.

Orthodox

Post by Orthodox »

TheDukester wrote:
Oh, okay.

It is actually partly because of you I have to be anonymous. Nice try, though -- but no cookie.
Any road followed precisely to its end leads precisely nowhere. Climb the mountain just a little bit to test it's a mountain. From the top of the mountain, you cannot see the mountain. -- Frank Herbert
lotek

Post by lotek »

Kevin is that you?
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Orthodox wrote:It is actually partly because of you I have to be anonymous.
Oh, the drama!

Whatever.

No time for sock puppets. You fail.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Orthodox

Post by Orthodox »

I could ask Kevin if this was him, but I think I know what the response would be.

Also, if I am a sock puppet -- then I cannot fail what was never there.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Foe list. Goodbye.

(Surprised the admins would willingly allow a known sock-puppet here. No good ever comes of this sort of thing).
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Orthodox wrote:I could ask Kevin if this was him, but I think I know what the response would be.

Enough already, no one gives a shit. All of these comments make it clear enough who you are. You post here one day and then come on with a sock puppet the next referring to your "other" self. Then you make an anonymous post on Chig's blog, then you actually brag about being able to talk to Byron and kja? Who cares? We can all do the same. Quit being such a fucking drama queen. You may as well be Hyppo with all of this nonsense.

Where the hell is Sandrider or Chanilover?

A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

I don't fully get the point of this sockpuppet in the first place, if someone has changed their opinion on something and wants to revise it, or has been thrashed in arguments before, then just suck it up and move on - that's the only way anyone will ever have any respect for you anyways.

I had my ass handed to me a few times when I started out, I just accepted that I was wrong and moved on, don't really see the big deal.

Creating a new identity and then openly stating that you used to have an old one here is just teenaged-girl level "look at me" drama.
lotek

Post by lotek »

Orthodox wrote:I could ask Kevin if this was him, but I think I know what the response would be.

that's all i needed to hear to know I don't want to hear anymore

Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

lotek wrote:

that's all i needed to hear to know I don't want to hear anymore

I like this version better:

Orthodox

Post by Orthodox »

It was more for entertainment, than anything -- the drama. People were asking me who I was, and that's natural.

I am not claiming anonymity due to having been embarrassed, or anything of that nature. I am anonymous because If I openly admit who I am, it closes a door that some find important.

If you must hate, dislike, or disregard -- do it because of my actions, not who I may or may not be. I played a game because people wanted to. That is all.

It seems though, that if all are upset, the reasoning is beyond me. I was engaged by some who were curious. I believe that many have read into my statements and my poking as being anything other than that.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

I don't really care one way or another anyways. I don't think the door you're worried about closing would be closed though, I think you vastly over-rate how close of an eye anyone keeps on this place from the "other side".