I am Xenu.

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Re: I am Xenu.

Post by Omphalos »

inhuien wrote:Nononononono way is a Doctor going to proscribe a caver Meds, even MDs ain't that stupid.
:roll:

Im assuming you left the winking smiley off of the end of that sentence by accident, my friend.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I doubt it.
them europans seem to take things too literally .....

anyway, my point was just that out of all the medications & "illicit" drugs
I tampered with over the years, the boy's ADD stuff was kinda mild ...

and that the moral questions of taking my kid's prescribed meds don't really apply to me ...

(I was the first boy in Calvert County, Arkansas to be taken to the hospital for eating jimson seeds)

(but I weren't the last !! :lol: )
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Omphalos wrote:
inhuien wrote:Nononononono way is a Doctor going to proscribe a caver Meds, even MDs ain't that stupid.

Im assuming you left the winking smiley off of the end of that sentence by accident, my friend.
no it was quite purposely done, or not.
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Some smart remarks need no winkys. :D

I thought it was funny myself, but then again it is 00:39 and I'm sitting up at this evil machine listening to rain fall gently on my roof while the thunder sakes the house. (Well it only shook once) Plus listening to my man Harry play his New Orleans' Jazz instead of being in my bed listening to all of this magic.

And do I even want to know what in the world possessed a bright young man to eat jimson seeds. Stinkweed?! :doh:
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Jamestown Weed. Never heard of it. Or at least, of it's supposed "fun" properties. :think:
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Eyes High wrote:Some smart remarks need no winkys. :D
I couldn't have said it better. TY. :)
Xenu

Post by Xenu »

SandRider wrote: them europans seem to take things too literally
Nah, we're more into taking things orally, especially the French!
lotek

Post by lotek »

nampigai wrote:
Sandwurm88 wrote:Yo, I take that Ritalin shit don't make fun.
said the guy making fun with gingers?

if you can make fun of others, you damn better be ready to take a few hits yourself.
http://www.dailywav.com/0502/ritalinforall.wav" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Spice is the worm's gonads.
nampigai

Post by nampigai »

I just heard in the news that 5% (and increasing) of all danish children are treated with ritalin. In the US the numbers should read 10%+

So instead of dealing with it, we seem to just handle out the medicin so the children will behave. the guy they interviewed (was from social welfare) said that one of the possible downeffects of the drug, could be that the childs brain didn't evolve properly. Now - I'm not saying that Ritalin is a bad thing, I just think the ADHD is diagnozed every time I child is a tad too active.
Do not be quick to reveal judgment. Hidden judgment is often more potent. It can guide reaction whose effects are felt only when too late to divert them.
- Bene Gesserit Advice to Postulants
Xenu

Post by Xenu »

nampigai wrote:I just heard in the news that 5% (and increasing) of all danish children are treated with ritalin. In the US the numbers should read 10%+

So instead of dealing with it, we seem to just handle out the medicin so the children will behave. the guy they interviewed (was from social welfare) said that one of the possible downeffects of the drug, could be that the childs brain didn't evolve properly. Now - I'm not saying that Ritalin is a bad thing, I just think the ADHD is diagnozed every time I child is a tad too active.
ADHD is indeed often overdiagnosed.

Part of the reason is the fact that even though it's possible these days to via technology actually properly diagnose ADHD(Partly via selective magnetic imaging of the brain), it costs far too much to do(Generally an MRI costs between 2000 to 3000 USD to perform.)

I think there's many people(and children in particular) that have been wrongly diagnosed and could get rid of their symptoms via changing their eating habits and exercising more.

I can notice quite clearly that my symptoms get exaggerated or lessened depending on what I eat, drink and so forth.

Personally I'd like to see that schools started educating children(and possibly inviting parents to these 'classes' as well) as to what is healthy to eat for a child and not.

Many parents jam their kids full of sugar and additives and then are super-surprised when their kids get diagnosed with ADHD.

End point of my rant: I agree with you that ADHD is a diagnosis that is handed out too liberally these days and I believe many people with the diagnosis wouldn't get it if they simply changed their eating habits and lifestyles a bit.
nampigai

Post by nampigai »

I can notice quite clearly that my symptoms get exaggerated or lessened depending on what I eat, drink and so forth.
this - I believe - is true. Children eat alot more sugar and unhealthy food than they did just some years ago. This should be taken into consideration before the doctor hands out drugs. Perhaps the doctor should order no more red bull, coke and candy for this little lad. But offcourse, it's easier to just say ADHD, and then the parents don't have to bother getting their kid of their sugar addiction.
Do not be quick to reveal judgment. Hidden judgment is often more potent. It can guide reaction whose effects are felt only when too late to divert them.
- Bene Gesserit Advice to Postulants
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I say ADD/ADHD and other impulse-control disorders affected by underdevelopment of the frontal lobe
have been under-diagnosed, because of lack of information and knowledge - which has improved
exponentially since the 1980's.

I believe this disorder (and many others) are as common as allergies and other common maladies that effect
different people differently due to genetics and not environment or "diet" or other variables.

laymen used to bitch that doctors just weren't bleeding people enough, or administering the
wrong tonic to treat the wrong humour, for not sacrificing enough virgins to the right gods ...
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Anyone ever feels a little waterfat or other need to be bled, just give me a call! :D
Xenu

Post by Xenu »

Shameful delete.
Last edited by Xenu on 20 Mar 2010 13:43, edited 1 time in total.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Xenu wrote:
SandRider wrote:tl;dq
I agree.

You are such a wise sage SandRider, if you were single I'd ask you to make me your manwife.
Would you please stop kissing so much ass on this board? It's starting to annoy me.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Xenu

Post by Xenu »

Omphalos wrote:
Would you please stop kissing so much ass on this board? It's starting to annoy me.
Message received and understood.

For what it's worth, it wasn't my intention to annoy anyone.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Omphalos wrote:
Xenu wrote:
SandRider wrote:tl;dq
I agree.

You are such a wise sage SandRider, if you were single I'd ask you to make me your manwife.
Would you mind your own business ?
I gotta live one here ...

now, the manwife thing is not entirely legal or looked upon favorably in the Great State of Texas,
but send me some pics and get a webcam hooked up to Stikam, and we'll discuss it ....
ImageImage

Xenu

Post by Xenu »

SandRider wrote:now, the manwife thing is not entirely legal or looked upon favorably in the Great State of Texas,
but send me some pics and get a webcam hooked up to Stikam, and we'll discuss it ....
If you sign a legal document that you will not distribute the pictures without my authorization, you got yourself a deal there, Mister!
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

define "distribute" and what you are willing to "authorize" .....

4chan?
imgscr.ru?
landoverbaptist users gallery ?
ImageImage

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:shock:

:doh:

:lol:
Xenu

Post by Xenu »

SandRider wrote:define "distribute" and what you are willing to "authorize" .....

4chan?
imgscr.ru?
landoverbaptist users gallery ?
Naturally distributing it to Christian sites is something I will fully condone!

Not sure about commies or 4chan though.
reverendmotherQ.

Post by reverendmotherQ. »

^ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You guys just made my day with all of your tomfoolery.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

reconsider landover:

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ImageImage

chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Xenu wrote:
SandRider wrote:now, the manwife thing is not entirely legal or looked upon favorably in the Great State of Texas,
If you sign a legal document that you will not distribute the pictures without my authorization, you got yourself a deal there, Mister!
Don't bother. He promised me things that would make a hooker blush but when I got there he just forced me to rinse out his unmentionables in the kitchen sink.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
lotek

Post by lotek »

chanilover wrote:
Xenu wrote:
Don't bother. He promised me things that would make a hooker blush but when I got there he just forced me to rinse out his unmentionables in the kitchen sink.
was looking for a joke with blushing hookers but *i only found this:
A cabbie picks up a nun. She gets into the taxi and the cabbie won't stop staring at her.
She asks why he is staring, and he replies, "I have a question to ask you but I don't want to offend you."
She answers, "My dear son, you cannot offend me. When you're as old as I am and have been a nun as long as I have, you get a chance to see and hear just about everything. I'm sure that there's nothing you could say or ask that I would find offensive.
"well, I've always had a fantasy to have a nun kiss me."
She responds, "Well lets see what we can do about that: 1) you have to be single and 2) you must be a catholic."
The cab driver is very excited and says, "Yes, I am single and I'm catholic too!"
"OK," says the nun, "Pull into the next alley"
He does and the nun fulfils his fantasy with a kiss that would make a hooker blush.
But when they get back on the road, the cabbie starts crying.
"My dear child," says the nun, "Why are you crying?"
"Forgive me sister, but I have sinned. I lied, I must confess, I'm married and I'm Jewish."
The nun says, "That's OK, my name is Kevin and I'm on my way to a Halloween party."
i didn't change the name...
Spice is the worm's gonads.