:waves:

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

lotek

Re: :waves:

Post by lotek »

Freak(or anyone) correct me but isn't that a quote from duncan describing the Fremen people to Leto I?

taking what is rightfully yours is definitely not greed ;)
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

lotek wrote:Freak(or anyone) correct me but isn't that a quote from duncan describing the Fremen people to Leto I?

No, that was Leto II was describing them to Siona.

"They were magnificently alive in the old days, those Fremen," he said. "And
their eye for beauty was limited to that which was useful. I never met a greedy
Fremen."
"What's that supposed to mean?"
"In the old days, everything you took into the desert was a necessity and that
was all you took. Your life is no longer free of possessions, Siona, or you
would not have asked about a signal device."
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
lotek

Post by lotek »

Freakzilla wrote:
lotek wrote:Freak(or anyone) correct me but isn't that a quote from duncan describing the Fremen people to Leto I?

No, that was Leto II was describing them to Siona.

"They were magnificently alive in the old days, those Fremen," he said. "And
their eye for beauty was limited to that which was useful. I never met a greedy
Fremen."
"What's that supposed to mean?"
"In the old days, everything you took into the desert was a necessity and that
was all you took. Your life is no longer free of possessions, Siona, or you
would not have asked about a signal device."

ow crap...
I was going to say it was Duncan to Leto II but I'd still would have been wrong :oops:
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Apjak

Post by Apjak »

SandRider wrote:
Welcome. Your Water is Mine.
Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. Down Sandrider.

Welcome, and Well Wishes.
I don't think the author should make the reader do that much work - Kevin J. Anderson
We think we've updated 'Dune' for a modern readership without dumbing it down.- Brian Herbert
There’s an unwritten compact between you and the reader. If someone enters a bookstore and sets down hard earned money(energy) for your book, you owe that person some entertainment and as much more as you can give. - Frank Herbert
reverendmotherQ.

Post by reverendmotherQ. »

Freakzilla wrote:
reverendmotherQ. wrote:Hello. I've been searching for a Dune forum to discuss topics pertaining to the greatest series of all time (let's pray that the evil duo running the Herbert Estate doesn't blast the honorable Frank out of sight with their doggerel) and generally all i could turn up were vacant boards that had not been updated since, gee, 2003(interestingly paralleling the release of the miniseries). But thank Shai-hulud I finally found you, Jacurutu.

I will throw in a couple of essentials about reverendmotherQ.
:: I consider myself preborn(not literally) partially due to the fact that at 19 most of my peers are dumb as frak and none of them read Dune.
:: I am in my second semester of college and in keeping with my tradition of reading Dune every year I thought I would add on forum discussion to the custom to save me from insanity that is the campus nonsense.
:: Imma gonna let you finish, Kevin J. Anderson, but Frank Herbert was the best writer of ALL time.

Edit:: first read Dune when I was twelve and it was love at first read.

That is all.
Welcome! I noticed you over at Dunenovels and was thinking of sending you and invite but you beat me to it!

So how did you find us?
The FishSpeaker directory, thank god! I was getting despondant when I kept coming up with dead forums.
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

reverendmotherQ. wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
reverendmotherQ. wrote:Hello. I've been searching for a Dune forum to discuss topics pertaining to the greatest series of all time (let's pray that the evil duo running the Herbert Estate doesn't blast the honorable Frank out of sight with their doggerel) and generally all i could turn up were vacant boards that had not been updated since, gee, 2003(interestingly paralleling the release of the miniseries). But thank Shai-hulud I finally found you, Jacurutu.

I will throw in a couple of essentials about reverendmotherQ.
:: I consider myself preborn(not literally) partially due to the fact that at 19 most of my peers are dumb as frak and none of them read Dune.
:: I am in my second semester of college and in keeping with my tradition of reading Dune every year I thought I would add on forum discussion to the custom to save me from insanity that is the campus nonsense.
:: Imma gonna let you finish, Kevin J. Anderson, but Frank Herbert was the best writer of ALL time.

Edit:: first read Dune when I was twelve and it was love at first read.

That is all.
Welcome! I noticed you over at Dunenovels and was thinking of sending you and invite but you beat me to it!

So how did you find us?
The FishSpeaker directory, thank god! I was getting despondant when I kept coming up with dead forums.
Excellent site ... not biased or nuffin' :wink:

Welcome :D
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

reverendmotherQ. wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:So how did you find us?
There can be only one. :P
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
reverendmotherQ.

Freakzilla wrote:
reverendmotherQ. wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:So how did you find us?
There can be only one. :P
Right next to highlander, is jacurutu.
nampigai

Post by nampigai »

Freakzilla wrote:
nampigai wrote:*edit - check out the reading groups, I find it very usefull hearing others thoughts and ideas, and Freakzilla really did a great work with them

(do I get a cookie for that?)
:cookie sm:

anything I should know about in this cookie?
Do not be quick to reveal judgment. Hidden judgment is often more potent. It can guide reaction whose effects are felt only when too late to divert them.
- Bene Gesserit Advice to Postulants
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

nampigai wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
nampigai wrote:*edit - check out the reading groups, I find it very usefull hearing others thoughts and ideas, and Freakzilla really did a great work with them

(do I get a cookie for that?)
:cookie sm:

anything I should know about in this cookie?
You know as much about it as I do. :|
~Pink Snowman
nampigai

Post by nampigai »

fuck it - it looks tasty enough!
Do not be quick to reveal judgment. Hidden judgment is often more potent. It can guide reaction whose effects are felt only when too late to divert them.
- Bene Gesserit Advice to Postulants
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

awright, here is a list of the iduali I have claimed the water of, and why :

Mr. Fibble - came from Fed2k after Chig & I were over there dirtying their place up

Aguilar - came after reading the fist-fight on keepingthedoor, and is from Alabama

Indyman911 - inside man of the KJASF

MassBlack - his artwork made me high

reverendmotherQ - drunken idaho had already said "Your Water is Ours", and I'm a lecherous old man.
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Slugger

Post by Slugger »

Hiya!
Bijaz

Post by Bijaz »

Watch your P's and Q's.
They may take yairrrr Frreedom, but they ken nivverrrr take yairrrr Duuuunnne!
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

SandRider wrote:reverendmotherQ - drunken idaho had already said "Your Water is Ours", and I'm a lecherous old man.
:shock:

A moment of blinding honesty there from the 'Rider.

Belated welcome RevMumQ. You belong here, that's for sure. This is possibly the most active, probably the most informative, and definitely the most entertaining Dune forum.

And there are cookies to be had.

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Hunchback Jack wrote:
SandRider wrote:reverendmotherQ - drunken idaho had already said "Your Water is Ours", and I'm a lecherous old man.
:shock:

A moment of blinding honesty there from the 'Rider.

Belated welcome RevMumQ. You belong here, that's for sure. This is possibly the most active, probably the most informative, and definitely the most entertaining Dune forum.

And there are cookies to be had.

HBJ
Well, that possibly should definitely be a definitely! I direct you to my Us Vs Them thread! :D
Xenu

Post by Xenu »

reverendmotherQ, I checked out your myspace and saw that you want to meet Ayn Rand, might I ask why?

I'm just wondering if you're a follower of the Objectivist philosophy or just a general fan of her work?

I myself am the latter.
Bijaz

Post by Bijaz »

Xenu wrote:reverendmotherQ, I checked out your myspace and saw that you want to meet Ayn Rand, might I ask why?

I'm just wondering if you're a follower of the Objectivist philosophy or just a general fan of her work?

I myself am the latter.
Yes, why Ayn Rand?
They may take yairrrr Frreedom, but they ken nivverrrr take yairrrr Duuuunnne!
reverendmotherQ.

Xenu wrote:reverendmotherQ, I checked out your myspace and saw that you want to meet Ayn Rand, might I ask why?

I myself am the latter.
Im an objectivist.
Xenu

Post by Xenu »

reverendmotherQ. wrote:

I myself am the latter.
Im an objectivist.
You must despise me then seeing as I'm an individual who support a society with a social safety net and welfare in place(Like most modern western societies.)

But that's alright if so, everyone has a right to despise whatever they want.

But personally I will never support a philosophy that is built around the concept that one should fully embrace ones egoism and selfishness and I believe it is a philosophy that basically helps create sociopaths.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Sociopaths or mewling milquetoasts, it's a thin line.... ;)
Xenu

Post by Xenu »

SandChigger wrote:Sociopaths or mewling milquetoasts, it's a thin line.... ;)
True, but to me objectivism is just another extreme, like for example communism(I know communism is an ideology but given how it's basically the opposite of what Rand "preaches" I think the likeness is fair. :P

But I do understand that life is all about balance, hence why I don't like either of the form of extremes.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Very Confucian. :)

Or very confusion. :?

NO! Very postings! :lol:

(Sorry ... in-joke with Omph, from my blog.)
Xenu

Post by Xenu »

SandChigger wrote:(Sorry ... in-joke with Omph, from my blog.)
You bastard.

(Just kidding)

(Maybe.)

:P
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

say Chig, after my last visit to your blahg, I got this @thesandrider livemail account:
Да товарищ я офицер большие огромные российского банка и нуждаются в помощи твое.
Пожалуйста, отправить название и банковский счет номера и в я будет помещать многих рублей.
what think?/what do?
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008