TBJ

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Unfortunately the good Doctor is no more.

It is plausible that Frank discussed this idea with McNelly and that it was in his notes. The Comic twins used the same original source of info as the Doctor did: Frank.

If this is indeed the truth then I am glad I consider DE closer to a canon status because McNelly and Frank were better friends then Frank and Brian. I wouldn't be surprised if McNelly had for more inside information from Frank then Brian has.
Tleilax Master B

Post by Tleilax Master B »

Well, Frank actually somewhat endorsed the DE, but did make it clear he reserved the right to change whatever he wanted as he wrote further books. Thus, I think its quite plausible that the events in the DE were what Frank envisioned--and are relatively in line with the tidbits throughout the books that we are given of the BJ.

What I DON'T believe is that these events were in the "notes" (I'm not convinced, in fact, that there ever were any "notes") and that's what they used. I think they used the events in the DE with full knowledge that Frank endorsed those events, so they stole them from the DE and are now denying it.

It actually made me sick when they posted that jive about the DE not being canon and signed McNeilly's name to it on the official site. You know they strong armed him into that, sent him a copy of the letter and he was like "yeah, sure, whatever"
orald

Post by orald »

I wonder what you get for getting a "pre/seq" book signed by KJA in some convention and then throwing it on the floor and setting it alight in front of him. Could be worth it. :twisted:

Better yet is to gun him down but I'm not urging any true Dune fan to do that. Nope. :roll:
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Well, if being manhandled by security churns yer birdbath....hmmm....

:shock:

Never mind. I really don't think it's worth going to jail over.

Actually, after I started the "Photo w/Kevvy" T-shirt contest last year, I got to worrying that somebody supposedly on our side might get a little carried away and do a cream pie pic or something like that and I'd get blamed for it. Fortunately, Eru and friend are no dummies. [Where is that boy, btw?]

I don't wish either Kevin or Brian any physical harm. But I do want them to someday experience fully the mental discomfort and embarassment of the realization of just how bad their books are and how much harm they have done to Dune. :twisted:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
orald

Post by orald »

You see, that's where we disagree- I wish them unlimited physical and every other kind of harm. I'm not afraid to hate. :twisted:

We Fremen can make hard choices. *sticks a cryknife up KJA's jaw and steals his water*

Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

orald wrote:I wonder what you get for getting a "pre/seq" book signed by KJA in some convention and then throwing it on the floor and setting it alight in front of him. Could be worth it. :twisted:

Better yet is to gun him down but I'm not urging any true Dune fan to do that. Nope. :roll:
I'll make a promise right here and now. If one of the two dunces ever visit Holland for a booksigning I will burn my whole pile of preseqs right in front of them. :twisted: ... should be a nice fire as I wasted good money buying SIX of those atrocities.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Please don't light fires indoors. :(
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
orald

Post by orald »

Burn, baby, burn! :twisted:

Also have to add "shocking!" for the full quote of a Tesla Trooper from old RA. I like to think of it with the goofy pseudo-Russian accent.

Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Freakzilla wrote:Please don't light fires indoors. :(
To late, a promise is a promise ... but I will also bring my extinguisher. :wink:
orald

Post by orald »

To pound on KJA's head? :twisted:

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

BACK ON TOPIC

Post by SandChigger »

FH in CoD wrote:One moment he felt himself setting forth on the Butlerian Jihad, eager to destroy any machine which simulated human awareness. That had to be the past—over and done with. Yet his senses hurtled through the experience, absorbing the most minute details. He heard a minister-companion speaking from a pulpit: "We must negate the machines-that-think. Humans must set their own guidelines. This is not something machines can do. Reasoning depends upon programming, not on hardware, and we are the ultimate program!"

He heard the voice clearly, knew his surroundings—a vast wooden hall with dark windows. Light came from sputtering flames. And his minister-companion said: "Our Jihad is a 'dump program.' We dump the things which destroy us as humans!"

And it was in Leto's mind that the speaker had been a servant of computers, one who knew them and serviced them. (emphasis added)
"Humans must set their own guidelines."

Not humans must escape from under the oppression of machine overlords.

"We dumpt the things which destroy us as humans."

Destroy us as humans? That means, which remove our humanity, make us less than human, right?

It doesn't say things which physically enslave and kill us.

They got it wrong. Again and again and again. :roll:
orald

Post by orald »

Well, it's a good thing you told us, Chig, or we'd have been oblivious to their works being pure shit. :roll:

You should've hit your son harder when he was young, maybe he wouldn't be molesting corpses now. :?

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Just trying to get the thread moving again and back on topic.

After all, as someone has pointed out over on DN, we "OHs" keep bringing the same arguments up again and again. :roll:
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

Grasping nuances like that is beyond KJA's abilities. He's too busy cranking out one shit novel after the next to be bothered with accuracy. Besides I imagine once he read the line, "the speaker had been a servant of computers" he couldn't get the image of enslaved humans out of his tiny little mind.
Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

Mandy wrote:Grasping nuances like that is beyond KJA's abilities. He's too busy cranking out one shit novel after the next to be bothered with accuracy. Besides I imagine once he read the line, "the speaker had been a servant of computers" he couldn't get the image of enslaved humans out of his tiny little mind.
Yeah!!

BTW, I had two toofs removed today, so I am currently riding a Loritab high. It's pretty fucking awesome! It's the Phoop! Orald, you should try it. :P
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
orald

Post by orald »

Yes, I'm sure I will. :roll:

Spicey, shouldn't you like KJA? You know, he craps so much and you have always expressed your love for poop. :P

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Mandy wrote:Grasping nuances like that is beyond KJA's abilities. He's too busy cranking out one shit novel after the next to be bothered with accuracy. Besides I imagine once he read the line, "the speaker had been a servant of computers" he couldn't get the image of enslaved humans out of his tiny little mind.
When I read that I got an image of the guy that comes to your office to repair the Xerox machine.

:P
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
orald

Post by orald »

The one that started the BJ was probably a vending machine repairman. :)

Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

orald wrote:Yes, I'm sure I will. :roll:

Spicey, shouldn't you like KJA? You know, he craps so much and you have always expressed your love for poop. :P
KJA is a Scat poser. As If!!
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
orald

Post by orald »

I could make an anti-Windows joke about why the BJ really started but I hate ya'll Macs and open-sourcers. :P

Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

orald wrote:The one that started the BJ was probably a vending machine repairman. :)
More likely the guy who lost his fifty cents in that vending machine.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Omphalos wrote:
orald wrote:The one that started the BJ was probably a vending machine repairman. :)
Cokes are like a dollar now... how much do you think they'll be in 10,000 years?

:shock:
~Pink Snowman
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

Freakzilla wrote:
When I read that I got an image of the guy that comes to your office to repair the Xerox machine.

:P
lol... you imagined my dad?
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

Spicelon wrote:
BTW, I had two toofs removed today, so I am currently riding a Loritab high. It's pretty fucking awesome! It's the Phoop! Orald, you should try it. :P
I'm glad you got your teeth fixed. Lortabs are great, try taking 5 or 6 of them at once. :)
orald

Post by orald »

Omphalos wrote:
I had an image in my head of George from Seinfeld shouting about his robbed twinkies, making a twinky ID row. :lol: