cookie

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Schu

cookie

Post by Schu »

So, the cookie from here doesn't seem to be working on my computer, whether on firefox or chrome. Despite ticking the "sign me in every time" or whatever, I have to log on every time I don't already have a logged-in-jacurutu-page open on my browser already.

Any ideas about what's going on?
inhuien

Re: cookie

Post by inhuien »

The cookies either being deleted on close or it's read only or you have cookies turned off, or teh internets are broke. Dump your netscapes and go Opera.
Schu

Post by Schu »

Cookies are working fine for every other site, so I guess the cookies must be being deleted on close for some reason..
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

I had the same problem and brought it up before, and you guys told me to delete my cookies. I did that, and considering I haven't had the problem since, I think it worked. (And yeah, this was the only site that happened for)
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

This has happened before over at T(A)U, and since that site and this one are on the same machine, its probably the same problem acting up again. There have been no changes in the last few days, so I dont know what the source of it is. Honestly, its probably some interaction between your host and the board's host. Sorry for the non-technical answer, but if prior experience is a yardstick, it will go away on its own soon.

If anyone has any ideas, Im all ears. It seems to only happen with visitors foreign to the U.S.

Schu, youre not using an anonymizer are you?

:ugeek:

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

No cookie problems here though ... non-U.S. visitor too.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Here...

:cookie sm:

:P
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Schu

Post by Schu »

COOKIE! NOMNOMNOMNOM!!!

Well, I'm not using an anonymiser, and I've tried deleting my cookies. Ah well, I'll just deal with it :)
mrpsbrk

Post by mrpsbrk »

I've had the cookies problem for some time, but no stamina to go and fix it, but i just noticed the most weird thing: when i access jacurutu.com i am logged out, and when i access http://WWW.jacurutu.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; i am logged in. In fact, if i have a www tab open and then i open a non-www tab just to the side of it the new tab will be logged off!

As i've seen the cookies thing more than once, i am guessing that maybe non-www should just be a redirect instead of actually displaying the page, or some simple fix like that.

Just so you know. See you in the arena! =)
Marcio (mrpsbrk) does believe in Lord Leto over all other wills and reasons ;-)
lotek

Post by lotek »

Freakzilla wrote:Here...

:cookie sm:

:P
crap
too late!
:lol:
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

mrpsbrk wrote:I've had the cookies problem for some time, but no stamina to go and fix it, but i just noticed the most weird thing: when i access jacurutu.com i am logged out, and when i access http://WWW.jacurutu.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; i am logged in. In fact, if i have a www tab open and then i open a non-www tab just to the side of it the new tab will be logged off!
Thank you, this has been bugging me since I joined this place. It looks like now I can finally log in automatically in the same way I have always been able to at T(A)U.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
mrpsbrk

Post by mrpsbrk »

Nekhrun wrote:Thank you, this has been bugging me since I joined this place. It looks like now I can finally log in automatically in the same way I have always been able to at T(A)U.
You are most welcome!
Marcio (mrpsbrk) does believe in Lord Leto over all other wills and reasons ;-)
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Fucking mrn.

Cookies are assigned by and for the domain you sign in at. So cookies created or updated when you sign in at http://www.jacurutu.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; are invalid if you access jacurutu.com.

:roll:
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Hmmm. That looks strange. I think this is something we forgot to fix when the servers crashed. We had a copy of the board parked at distansoil.org, then just changed that URL to jacurutu.com. Sorry guys. Ill add it to the list.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

SandChigger wrote:Fucking mrn.

Cookies are assigned by and for the domain you sign in at. So cookies created or updated when you sign in at http://www.jacurutu.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; are invalid if you access jacurutu.com.

:roll:
The problem is that jacurutu.com does not allow me to stay logged in when I visit the site. I tried the solution above and just go to http://www.jacurutu.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; now and it works. Saves me about 3 seconds every time I visit. That's enough time to do something productive.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Updated the bookmark on my tablet.... wondered why that never worked :think:

- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Thank you thank you thank you.

I'd been having this problem for ages, because I was always using "jacurutu.com" to get here. Didn't occur to me that jacurutu.com would redirect to http://www.jacurutu.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks