Greetings from the original "The Preacher" from DoD

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

DuneFishUK

Re: Greetings from the original "The Preacher" from DoD

Post by DuneFishUK »

Yeah - PreSpiceGrandson - He got them an email (read: emailed-printed out-filled in-typed up-emailed back) interview with Brian, so any tongue-bumming did yield results.

The admins there did "keep the peace" (much better than DN etc) - and some proto-OH haters did get the boot, but I don't think they were preek shills by any stretch - I remember they got an interview with KJA and one of them (BM I think) wrote "He seems like a nice guy. Shame about the books" or something :lol: - Hard hitting stuff.

And remember, this was before the sequels: so most disgruntled fans only "disliked" them at that point :P
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
nampigai

Post by nampigai »

cheers!

I actually think I was a member at DoD, but that was ages ago.
Do not be quick to reveal judgment. Hidden judgment is often more potent. It can guide reaction whose effects are felt only when too late to divert them.
- Bene Gesserit Advice to Postulants
Mr. Teg

Post by Mr. Teg »

Freakzilla wrote:I think what confuses us is that Brian claims to have "moral reservations" about the internet, or some such nonsense.

Byron was pre-spice grandson, or something like that, on the 'Raad.
Ole Dune Pussy

Moral reservations :roll:
(The only moral high ground Brian had was his decision not to continue the Dune series after reading what his father had wrote in Chapter House Dune about his mother. He had the right idea. Stop there. No one or nothing could persuade him, until Kevin called. Now think about that for a moment. He was so moved by his father's words over the lose of his wife and her place as a part of the writing process of Dune, that he was compelled not to touch the series, until one phone call from Kevin. "We hit it off so well I decided to go ahead and start writing again." Just like that one phone conversation. There was no cliff hanger, only a mystery about two of the characters. Dune was in cinders (symbolic). BG did their thing, but would be changed forever. Good place to stop on top of the dedication to Mrs. Herbert. What would Kevin say that could trump that? Because they "hit it off so well?" Pretty weak. I say he just unknowingly admitted it was franchise or money by his response, especially in light of the fact, that Brian did actually know Kevin before the big phone conversation, because he wrote a glowing review of Ai! Perdito, the collaboration between KJA and L Ron Hubbard as a result of their L Ron Hubbard Writers of the Future shared connection.)

Enough Preaching :wink:

I remember your posts, too.
Welcome.
CHOAM
Combine Herbert Ober Anderson Mercantile, Narf!
Brian, Kevin & Byron :? :cylon101: :roll: The HLP
Bene_Gesserits_Pet

Post by Bene_Gesserits_Pet »

HEY!! What's going on, been a while
grandmastercrafter

Post by grandmastercrafter »

The_Preacher wrote:Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.
:laughing-rolling:
preeqs have been fooled multiple times - GWB'ish? I think so...

Greetings and salutations!
THINK CRITICALLY
:auto-gmcredsmiley: