Upcoming movies you aren't looking forward to

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

DuneFishUK

Re: Upcoming movies you aren't looking forward to

Post by DuneFishUK »

No, the hype machine that made it the biggest movie ever was an extra half billion on top of the production costs! Image

The various advances used to create the VFX and developed especially for Avatar at great expense, have already made their mark on pretty much all of the larger films released since 2009. I'm subscribed to the effects magazine Cinefex and I swear they must have the phrase "originally developed for Avatar" on some sort of quick-paste button. The behind the scenes influence of that film is pervasive to the point of ridiculous :P

Re: 3d - Avatar mostly worked. Everything else has failed. Anything post-converted from 2d double-fails, it's always shite.
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Freakzilla wrote:Sequels suck.

Except for Wrath of Kahn and Empire Strikes Back.

Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
lotek

Post by lotek »

Freakzilla wrote:
lotek wrote:the world needs more sequels. And more killer robots too ?
http://www.scifimoviepage.com/upcoming/ ... lypse.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Men with machines versus machines, huh?
I like where this is going :)
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I couldn't find a 'movies you ARE looking forward to' topic so, here it is...
George Takei wrote:Friends, I'm thrilled to share this news with you today. As announced at Emerald City Comicon, where I'm appearing this weekend, Paramount Pictures has green-lit a new Star Trek Movie entitled "Excelsior" in which I will play the captain. This announcement is part of Paramount Studio's 100th-year anniversary campaign. The studio has acknowledged the fan enthusiasm for this concept ever since I appeared in command of the vessel in "The Undiscovered Country." J.J. Abrams will direct, with Robert Orci again writing the screenplay.

My co-star in Allegiance, Paulo Montalban, has been cast opposite me to play the mercurial "Agha," the grandson of Khan (played by Ricardo Montalban in the Second Star Trek Movie). Also featured are Gilbert Gottfried (playing a wily Ferengi First Officer) and Lisa Lampanelli (as a Bajoran security officer).

More to come on this breaking story soon. Thanks again for the years of support, and I'll see you on the Bridge of "Excelsior."
Too bad J J Abrams will be involved. :(

(probably and April Fool's joke, but a cruel one for fans.)
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Freakzilla wrote:I couldn't find a 'movies you ARE looking forward to' topic so, here it is...
George Takei wrote:Friends, I'm thrilled to share this news with you today. As announced at Emerald City Comicon, where I'm appearing this weekend, Paramount Pictures has green-lit a new Star Trek Movie entitled "Excelsior" in which I will play the captain. This announcement is part of Paramount Studio's 100th-year anniversary campaign. The studio has acknowledged the fan enthusiasm for this concept ever since I appeared in command of the vessel in "The Undiscovered Country." J.J. Abrams will direct, with Robert Orci again writing the screenplay.

My co-star in Allegiance, Paulo Montalban, has been cast opposite me to play the mercurial "Agha," the grandson of Khan (played by Ricardo Montalban in the Second Star Trek Movie). Also featured are Gilbert Gottfried (playing a wily Ferengi First Officer) and Lisa Lampanelli (as a Bajoran security officer).

More to come on this breaking story soon. Thanks again for the years of support, and I'll see you on the Bridge of "Excelsior."

I admit that the thought had crossed my mind as well...
"fan enthusiasm for this concept ever since I appeared in command of the vessel..."
While i've got nothing against it, I don't remember any rabid Trekkies chompin at
the bit to get it.
Did someone here post a thing where da Shat mentioned Takeis' enthusiasm for
getting to play a Captain? Maybe it was on "The Captains," da Shat interviews a
bunch of Enterprise Captains- i'm glad for the info but doubt that i'll ever need to
watch it again.
And yes, Billy S IS da Shat!
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
trang

Post by trang »

Freakzilla wrote:I couldn't find a 'movies you ARE looking forward to' topic so, here it is...

I can see falling for this until you get to the part with Lisa Lampanelli, she makes my skin crawl..ugh.
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

trang

Post by trang »

Freakzilla wrote:Sequels suck.

Except for Wrath of Kahn and Empire Strikes Back.
forgot Aliens

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Yeah, she's gross.

True, Aliens was a good sequel.
~Pink Snowman
trang

Post by trang »

Prometheus, Although the trailer look cool, not sure if its a true sequel to Alien, might be one not to look forward too.

Redstar

Post by Redstar »

trang wrote:Prometheus, Although the trailer look cool, not sure if its a true sequel to Alien, might be one not to look forward too.
It's not meant to be a true sequel to Alien. It started out that way, but Scott felt that there was no way he could keep to the spirit of the original film and the project evolved from there. It's set in the same universe as Alien, but really has no connections beyond that.
trang

Post by trang »

Redstar wrote:
trang wrote:Prometheus, Although the trailer look cool, not sure if its a true sequel to Alien, might be one not to look forward too.
It's not meant to be a true sequel to Alien. It started out that way, but Scott felt that there was no way he could keep to the spirit of the original film and the project evolved from there. It's set in the same universe as Alien, but really has no connections beyond that.
I guess my question (and another reason to not look forward to it) is why does it even need to be connected to the alien universe at all? He had many choices

1. Just make a cool new ridley scott sci-fi movie.
2. Could have had Alien attack a completely different race and see how they deal with it, no connection to earth or humanity.
3. Just not did anything with Alien, and make DUNE:)

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I thought it was supposed to be an Alien prequel?

You know, RS wanted to give Paul and Jessica an incestuous relationship, right?

I'd rather he stayed away from Dune.
~Pink Snowman
trang

Post by trang »

Freakzilla wrote:I thought it was supposed to be an Alien prequel?

You know, RS wanted to give Paul and Jessica an incestuous relationship, right?

I'd rather he stayed away from Dune.
Yea Prequel sorry, and no I didn't know he wanted to have Paul and Jessica get it on. That wouldn't work.

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

That was when he was being considered for the 1984 movie, who knows if he'd feel the same way now.
~Pink Snowman
lotek

Post by lotek »

one can hope he finally came to terms with his Oedipus complex.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Katy Perry's 3D Movie Will Hit Theaters This Summer

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment ... z1qty9wFzx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Total Recall

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1386703/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:snooty:
~Pink Snowman
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Freakzilla wrote:Total Recall

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1386703/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's got a trailer now...

- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Apjak

Post by Apjak »

Looks like the type of movie that'll look hopelessly, hopelessly dated in 5 years time.
I don't think the author should make the reader do that much work - Kevin J. Anderson
We think we've updated 'Dune' for a modern readership without dumbing it down.- Brian Herbert
There’s an unwritten compact between you and the reader. If someone enters a bookstore and sets down hard earned money(energy) for your book, you owe that person some entertainment and as much more as you can give. - Frank Herbert
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

DuneFishUK wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:Total Recall

It's got a trailer now...

Nice looking storm troopers.

As long as it has women with 3 boobs, I'm in.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

It's got Jessica Biel AND Kate Beckinsale :drool:
~Pink Snowman
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

Freakzilla wrote:It's got Jessica Biel AND Kate Beckinsale :drool:
You know, I was gonna post the same thing! :lol:
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Great minds... :wink:
~Pink Snowman
lotek

Post by lotek »

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

:lol: Thank you.
~Pink Snowman