Post by Tleszer »

At least he's using the quote feature now. :lol:
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
lotek

Re: KJA Site

Post by lotek »

redbugpest wrote:
SandChigger wrote:
DuneFishUK wrote:Here you go - I made it better :)

(and only 12kb)
Hey, Feesh, sorry, I forgot to thank you for the thought and effort earlier! The Dukester is already putting it to good use! :lol:

Leto wrote:
SandChigger wrote:I really don't care what [KJA]'s up to at present: HE IS OF NO IMPORTANCE.
I do not agree. ...
Leto, please keep what I wrote in context: for most of the next year or so KJA & BH will be working on and publicizing the first volume of their new SMELLHOLE bullshit series. Since I have ZERO interest in that, I have ZERO interest in KJA or what he's up to at present. That's all I meant.

Rest assured, as soon as Kevin J. Anderson starts grunting and trying to stuff his flaccid cock up Dune's backside again, I'll be right there, jeering along with the rest of you. :D

Hey, Pestie, maybe it's time someone reminded you of something. You may be a "member" here but I don't think anyone regards you as a REAL member. You didn't come here for honest interaction or to contribute or to learn anything. So frankly, I find your efforts here to act as some sort of representative for the downtrodden new members, or whatever the fuck it is you think you're doing, extremely offensive. FUCK you, you reading-challenged hacksucker.
I understand what you are feeling. Change is a scary thing. I can put together a paper on dealing with change, with some reference material, if it would be helpful to you. I would suggest you start with "Who Moved My Cheese" as a good, quick read on dealing with change. It's just too easy to become Haw, and sit in the empty cheese station, angry and depressed because the cheese that you always had is gone, having slipped away without your even noticing.
It has nothing to do with dealing with change, if you are speaking of dealing with the off topic on this board, well I believe that Freak(anyone else in charge of anything here??)can speak for himself(and furthermore that we will listen)
I'm an admin on my own forum and have always found that people of quality do not need moderation as they know exactly what they're doing even when they seemingly disbehave...
Of course you would try to use a paternalist well meaning stance to make yourself appear the reasonable guy facing hurled abuse, which could work out of context. Here it just feels you actually enjoy knowing people are distressed by what the hack has done to their beloved Dune... and that's not only mean but sad.

Then we have the book you mention
What a coincidence that they would also use the word "bestselling" like wishful thinking!(remin you of anyone?)
I did find a good review and this quote might help people her eunderstand why this book would appeal so much to a braindead kja fan:
Beyond the more evil meanings and implications, the kiddie-talk factor of this "book" is unbelievably high, and the sheer phoniness is beyond imagination. At one point during A Discussion, someone mentions that his job is quickly changing, and he might be out of work soon.
http://www.notmydesk.com/reviews/who_mo ... heese.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The book summed up in a few sentences, hilarious!
Having Cheese Makes You Happy
Cheese is gone one day.
"It's not fair!"
The Quicker You Let Go Of Old Cheese, The Sooner You Find New Cheese
Old Beliefs Do Not Lead You To New Cheese
Movement in a New Direction Helps You Find New Cheese
"I wasn't Sniff -- I didn't sniff out the situation. And I certainly wasn't Scurry -- I didn't go into action immediately. I was more like Hem, who wanted to stay in familiar territory."

Michael... asked, "What are we talking about here, buddy?"

"Well, let's just say I didn't want to go out looking for new Cheese."
So go sniff your master's cheese and come back with real thoughts, real books and stay away from mazes!
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

redbugpest wrote: I can put together a paper on dealing with change, with some reference material...
I seriously doubt that. You make mistakes that I haven't even seen uneducated 7th graders make. It makes all of your posts suspect because you cannot communicate with the written word effectively. Your problems go well beyond minor spelling errors and typos. You have a problem that I'm guessing has already been diagnosed but you haven't disclosed that either.

You've also given us insight into what your reading comprehension level is; which makes you unable to carry on any discussion at length without making odd references to things unrelated to the discussion.

Beyond all of that, you're a hypocrite. There is no level of discourse at which you could hold a candle to even the youngest member here. You are like a pet who needs a shock collar. I'm sorry if I've made fun of you for something brought on by a learning disability in the past, but you are the one who chose to come here and prove your "abilities".
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

Yes, this is a conversation about the possibility of change, change in design, change in types or amounts of discussion, and how those discussions take place. Just my presence her, attempting to contribute in an honest and open manner is change.

My comment to SC was based on my observation that he he is against any change that will take him from his comfort zone here. My presence makes him uncomfortable, and as a result, he lashes out.

Who Moved My Cheese is also aimed at getting a person to think critically about their role in change.

The 4 main characters, Sniff, Scurry, Hem and Haw represent 4 grouping of change (though there should be 5 based on Roger's Adoption Curve. The author lumps early majority and late majority together for convenience).

Scurry is the "innovator" and is representative of the 2.5% of people who first to embrace a new idea
Sniff is the "Early Adapter" and represents about 13.5% of any organization who look for change as opportunity (new cheese)
Haw is both the "Early and Late Majority", or the combined 68% who follow along with change, overcoming their reluctance.
Hem is the last grouping on the curve, the "Laggards". This is the group that will actively resist change and will attempt to sabotage the effort.

I will give you this, I met to call SC Hem, not Haw (was up just a little too late last night).

Now, go back and re read this group of postings. It is about change and innovation. How have my posts in this topic been anything less than a thoughtful and respectful set of viewpoints on the subject at hand.

Any other characterization is jut mean spirited, and intended to provoke me.

You all keep touting how your board is open, but I am here to tell you that I see through the subterfuge.
SandChigger wrote:Hey, Pestie, maybe it's time someone reminded you of something. You may be a "member" here but I don't think anyone regards you as a REAL member. You didn't come here for honest interaction or to contribute or to learn anything. So frankly, I find your efforts here to act as some sort of representative for the downtrodden new members, or whatever the fuck it is you think you're doing, extremely offensive. FUCK you, you reading-challenged hacksucker.

If you invite anyone to participate, but then marginalize anyone because they do not adhere to your beliefs, and engage in mean spirited hatespeek in an effort to "dehuminize" them, you are not being truly open.

Lotek, people of "quality" do not intentionally violate the rules set down by the site admins. It is disrespectful. As an admin you have a responsibility to all of your membership to apply the rules equally, regardless of your personal opinion. The Administrator needs to set aside their personal opinions when moderating to create an environment of free exchange of ideas.

At any rate, I have spoken my piece on this, and as was pointed out to me in an earlier post, it is Freakzilla's board, and he will, in the end, follow whatever path he chooses to.

Post by SandChigger »

:clap:

And, um, do you honestly think no one sees through your subterfuge? Do you honestly expect this to work?

(Run back and tell Kevin this is clever, but another FAIL.)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
lotek

Post by lotek »

Still working on it I think i found my sig. thanks for the hint and feel free to bring in your ideas to perfect it, that's just a quick draft

Ps: Hem off KJA! We'll laggard you till you leave Dune alone(or pass it into the hands of a more capable writer :lol: :lol: bad writer is bad)
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

redbugpest wrote: Now, go back and re read this group of postings.
Go back and read the post that this quote came from and tell us why what I wrote above doesn't apply to you. People have to try and figure out what you are talking about just like we have to try and figure out what the hell kja is writing about when he puts DUNE on the cover of one of his piece of shit books.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

redbugpest wrote:Scurry is the "innovator" and is representative of the 2.5% of people who first to embrace a new idea
Sniff is the "Early Adapter" and represents about 13.5% of any organization who look for change as opportunity (new cheese)
Haw is both the "Early and Late Majority", or the combined 68% who follow along with change, overcoming their reluctance.
Hem is the last grouping on the curve, the "Laggards". This is the group that will actively resist change and will attempt to sabotage the effort.

I will give you this, I met to call SC Hem, not Haw (was up just a little too late last night).

Now, go back and re read this group of postings. It is about change and innovation. How have my posts in this topic been anything less than a thoughtful and respectful set of viewpoints on the subject at hand.
The majority of moderate-to-preek Dune fans (including yourself IIRC) admit that nu-dune isn't as good as FH-Dune - ie: it could be better. Booting KJA and opening up Dune to new authors is a possible positive change and one hell of an opportunity.

He's written 10 shitty books so far - you campaigning for him sounds like YOU are the laggard in this bunch. Afraid the HPL might hire someone with TALENT if they fired him?
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

DuneFishUK wrote:
redbugpest wrote:Scurry is the "innovator" and is representative of the 2.5% of people who first to embrace a new idea

The majority of moderate-to-preek Dune fans (including yourself IIRC) admit that nu-dune isn't as good as FH-Dune - ie: it could be better. Booting KJA and opening up Dune to new authors is a possible positive change and one hell of an opportunity.

He's written 10 shitty books so far - you campaigning for him sounds like YOU are the laggard in this bunch. Afraid the HPL might hire someone with TALENT if they fired him?
That is a tad off topic, but I will say this. HLP has to make those kinds of decisions. They could decide to stick with KJA and BH, as they have, or they could try a different approach, like the Asimov trust did, by having 3 different writers tackle the project. Neither solution will yield a result that is going to make all of the fan base happy. Their job is to gauge success and failure based on a measurable metric, such as sales figures. Innovation curves do not translate well to personal tastes, but I could say that your refusal to accept the change that has already happened puts you in the "Laggard" category. The 10 books are published, 2 more are under contract over the next 4 years, and there is potentially 3 more to follow that.

The more relevant discussion here was what (if anything) could this board do to innovate.

Post by Lundse »

redbugpest wrote:HLP has to make those kinds of decisions. ... Their job is to gauge success and failure based on a measurable metric, such as sales figures.
It really, really isn't, no.
They can tell themselves that, and be pure business-men. And in that they would come up with the same answer you did - make as much money as possible.

I humbly suggest their "job" is to ensure the lagacy of Frank Herbert.

It seems, unfortunately, that they are on your side of the issue.
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

redbugpest wrote:
DuneFishUK wrote:

That is a tad off topic, but I will say this. HLP has to make those kinds of decisions. They could decide to stick with KJA and BH, as they have, or they could try a different approach, like the Asimov trust did, by having 3 different writers tackle the project. Neither solution will yield a result that is going to make all of the fan base happy. Their job is to gauge success and failure based on a measurable metric, such as sales figures. Innovation curves do not translate well to personal tastes, but I could say that your refusal to accept the change that has already happened puts you in the "Laggard" category. The 10 books are published, 2 more are under contract over the next 4 years, and there is potentially 3 more to follow that.

The more relevant discussion here was what (if anything) could this board do to innovate.
The change has happened - where have you been for the past decade?

If the OH were the laggards here it would be something about bolting the barn gate after all the horses had buggered off. What matters now is where we go next.

Are you suggesting chig and co all settle down and enjoy the continuing adventures of improbably named badly written characters by Hacky and Bobo like good little children for the next SEVEN YEARS. Hell no - we're looking forward to the next change. It can't come soon enough IMHO.
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

redbugpest wrote:The more relevant discussion here was what (if anything) could this board do to innovate.
It's not a discussion, though. It's you bringing up the subject over and over again. There's a difference.

You think Jacurutu should be managed differently; we get it.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

WHAT he is suggesting, I believe, is that I be moderated, censured or possibly even freakbanned. After all, that's what Kevin has either done himself or had done or tried to do/have done on every venue where I have been active, with the exception maybe of Wikipedia.

Would that be a correct assessment, hacksucker?
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

SandChigger wrote:WHAT he is suggesting, I believe, is that I be moderated, censured or possibly even freakbanned. After all, that's what Kevin has either done himself or had done or tried to do/have done on every venue where I have been active, with the exception maybe of Wikipedia.

Would that be a correct assessment, hacksucker?
Actually, I think you should be locked in a room on a deserted island with nothing to read but KJA and BH's dune books to read while being forced to listen to nothing but ABBA dancing queen at extreme volumes.....

But in a more general sense, yes, I thought some moderation combined with some architectural changes would be a benefit...

Here you can practice singing along, Chiggie.......

Post by lotek »

are you getting chiggie with it yet?
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

ABBA rules! :dance:

[BTW, if anyone is considering watching Mama Mia! spare yourself.]
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

I'm not sure why a KJA fan would make fun of ABBA. They not only wrote original material, they also won awards.

Anderjacket is ... well ... let's just say "sadly lacking" in both of those departments.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

TheDukester wrote:I'm not sure why a KJA fan would make fun of ABBA. They not only wrote original material, they also won awards.

Anderjacket is ... well ... let's just say "sadly lacking" in both of those departments.
You forgot number 3: They are remembered.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
lotek

Post by lotek »

number 4
they had better tastes in jackets
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Although, let's be fair here: Keith, Bobo, and Becky would look simply stunning in something like this:

redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

TheDukester wrote:Although, let's be fair here: Keith, Bobo, and Becky would look simply stunning in something like this:

Ahhhhhhhhh! My EYES!!!!!!! It burns!

Post by lotek »

TheDukester wrote:Although, let's be fair here: Keith, Bobo, and Becky would look simply stunning in something like this:

i thought that was a group picture of the HLP for a second...
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Freakzilla wrote:[BTW, if anyone is considering watching Mama Mia! spare yourself.]
Ah holy foooook! Wasn't that hideous? It was playing on the plane back over here and I kinda dozed through it after watching everything else.

Which was the WORST possible thing to do, because I woke up with the songs playing in my head.

For DAYS! :shock:

I did like the scenery, though. Got a hankering to visit the Greek isles some day. :D
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

SandChigger wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:[BTW, if anyone is considering watching Mama Mia! spare yourself.]
Ah holy foooook! Wasn't that hideous? It was playing on the plane back over here and I kinda dozed through it after watching everything else.

Which was the WORST possible thing to do, because I woke up with the songs playing in my head.

For DAYS! :shock:

I did like the scenery, though. Got a hankering to visit the Greek isles some day. :D
I started to watch it on cable and made it about two bars into Meryl Streep's first song and turned it off.

:puke:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

My wife got that from NetFlix actually believing that i would sit down and watch it with her. She honestly could not believe the laughter I gave her when she told me what we were going to watch.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!