PoliticalCompass Test

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

SandRider
Watermaster

PoliticalCompass Test

Post by SandRider »

http://www.politicalcompass.org/index" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

simple test to peg your politics

you gotta be honest, tho, like you're doing on of those
eharmony things - answer what you really think, not
what you think you think or want others to think you
think ...

mine's no surprise :

................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
lotek

Re: PoliticalCompass Test

Post by lotek »

no surprise for me:
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

No idea what this says about me:

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -8.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.90

lotek

Post by lotek »

that you are a red dot on a green background :)
Spice is the worm's gonads.
E. LeGuille

Post by E. LeGuille »

I'm a Libertarian. Socially Liberal, Economically Conservative.

Companies getting money from the government? No. Being regulated? To a degree, yes.
Should any private company get public money? No. If they suck, let them suck. Businesses, too.
You have the freedom to do as you wish, as long it does not impede on the freedoms of others to do as they wish.
Long Live the Fighters.
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

I always hate these things. They always label me a center libertarian anarchist. Whatever :wink: :P :lol:
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I'm sure this will come as no suprise...

Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Totally rigged that one :P :lol:
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

GamePlayer wrote:Totally rigged that one :P :lol:
The only question I thought was kind of weird was if abstract art should be considered art. That was difficult for me to answer. I really hate abstract art with a passion but I wouldn't go so far to say it isn't art. I'd LIKE to...

:?
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Not that surprised.
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

I was sure I'd score higher on Authoritarianism. I really don't think most people have the maturity or care to govern themselves.

So to take my response for what its worth, everyone in my perfect world has passed the gom jabbar.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

I did that last one that BB put up a link to, these things are total BS, most of the questions have no bearing on which way you lean.
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Yeah I felt that too, the questions asked didn't take into account why and in what situation we felt that way.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

More realistically, I should be about dead center. Last time I took that test I was about one grid line further to the left.
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

My problem is that in some ways I'm very center - but in other ways I'm balanced by being on both extremes, and depending on how many questions they ask on what subjects, they may only catch half of my extremist and throw me more in whatever direction that question was looking for. Also, these charts only take economic and authorative veiws into consideration, there is no third axis for morality.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:My problem is that in some ways I'm very center - but in other ways I'm balanced by being on both extremes, and depending on how many questions they ask on what subjects, they may only catch half of my extremist and throw me more in whatever direction that question was looking for. Also, these charts only take economic and authorative veiws into consideration, there is no third axis for morality.
You can't have morals you athiest! :P
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Freakzilla wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:My problem is that in some ways I'm very center - but in other ways I'm balanced by being on both extremes, and depending on how many questions they ask on what subjects, they may only catch half of my extremist and throw me more in whatever direction that question was looking for. Also, these charts only take economic and authorative veiws into consideration, there is no third axis for morality.
You can't have morals you athiest! :P
Good point! Hey - then you should REALLY be moral-less, you athiest conservative! :lol:
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Chaotic Neutral. :wink:
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

I find it amusing that you and I both insist strongly that we're center (and we both definitely agree with some things from both sides of the spectrum), but we always come out looking pretty radically left and right wing.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:I find it amusing that you and I both insist strongly that we're center (and we both definitely agree with some things from both sides of the spectrum), but we always come out looking pretty radically left and right wing.
Like you said above(and SR outed me pretty good not too long ago in another topic), I'm far, far right on a few key issues but probably a little to the left on most things so it makes me look like a strong conservative. You're just the opposite.
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Freakzilla wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:I find it amusing that you and I both insist strongly that we're center (and we both definitely agree with some things from both sides of the spectrum), but we always come out looking pretty radically left and right wing.
Like you said above(and SR outed me pretty good not too long ago in another topic), I'm far, far right on a few key issues but probably a little to the left on most things so it makes me look like a strong conservative. You're just the opposite.
Yup, sounds about right. That said, you seem to vote C consistantly, and I vote L, so maybe we do lean that way overall. Tough to be objective about ones-self.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

good point about "morality" being absent from the equation, Thing.

maybe "humanitarian" as a third axis ?

if anybody knows of any other tests like this that are
more complex, with more in-depth questions, please link.

I love this kinda stuff ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I voted for Bill Clinton twice. :wink: (I was in my twenties then)

I basically look at as who will do the least damage. Obama's got us on an express elevator to hell.

There are people out there who want us dead and the ONLY spending he's cutting back on is defense.

Not only that, he's prosecuting CIA interigators. If the HC issues doesn't, this will ruin him politically.

It's not going to matter that he's spent four times what Bush did in all eight years, in less than a year, if we're dead.

BUT y'all have heard all this from me before, I'll stop...

You got your "change".
~Pink Snowman
E. LeGuille

Post by E. LeGuille »

I turned 18 two days before Bush's re-election. I voted for the Libertarian candidate.

Waste it, if you hate it.
Long Live the Fighters.
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

Just a smidgen more extreme than Gandi :D

Although I don't find this test's Lib-Con scale have much to do with right or left. Seemed more like environmentalism vs capitalism, which put me a good ways left. I actually expected to find my dot a lot closer to an edge as I was answering the questions.

This question had me struggling for an appropriate answer: "No one chooses his or her country of birth, so it's foolish to be proud of it." It's tough because I'm against being overly proud of your country just for the sake of pride and meaningless nationalism, however I'm all for it if you truly believe your country ought to be a guiding light to other nations. I ended up answering "Disagree" because of my own experiences. I love my country for it's overall liberal and democratic values, and I (for the most part) agree with the way it treats its citizens as well as other countries.
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza