Jacurutu in France

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

lotek

Jacurutu in France

Post by lotek »

I have been looking around on French Amazon and other literary websites, and found nothing but the usual crap spin that are served on the english speaking ones.
I thought the fight should be also across the Atlantic where a lot of people like me were disappointed(to put it mildly)by what has been done to our beloved Dune

http://mondedemara.canalblog.com/archiv ... 47076.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Attention fans de Dune et de Frank Herbert, si vous avez aimé cette histoire pour sa profondeur et sa complexité, passez votre chemin immédiatement!

KJA et sa caution Brian prétendent détenir des notes de FH sur la suite prévue à Dune, mais ne les produisent pas et s'embrouillent dans leur explications(un jour il y a quelques pages et des disquettes un autre des cartons entiers)

KJA donne des cadeaux à ceux de ses fans qui postent des critiques favorables mais aucun d'entre eux n'est capable de répondre aux nombreuses erreurs flagrantes, qui ne pourraient etre commises que par quelqu'un qui n'a pas lu Dune.

Passez votre chemin et pour ceux qui parlent anglais
http://www.jacurutu.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
le site des Herbertariens Orthodoxes :)
Watch out Fans of Dune and FH, if you liked that story for its depth and complexity just walk away!
KJA and his say they have notes from FH on continuing Dune, but won't produce them, give confused explanations(one day one floppy disk the next whole cartons)

KJA gives trinklets to his fans who post good reviews but none of them can adress the many mistakes only possible by someone who hasn't read Dune
So walk away and for those of you who speak english
jacurutu.com the site of the Orthodox Herbertarians

So if that's ok with you and with your help, i hope, I'd like to fight that good fight on my own ground, as it will probably take a while for the KJASillyFops to start their propaganda in French :)

Now what do you think of THAT?
Spice is the worm's gonads.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Re: Jacurutu in France

Post by SandChigger »

I've never heard that either one of them speaks anything but English, and it's obvious from Winds that they don't know shit about (Fremen) Arabic ... but Brian is at least interested in French culture (or used to be): he and his wife named one of their daughters after a French wine they enjoyed. :P

What's the most recent book translated into French?
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
lotek

Post by lotek »

I'm not really sure as I usually read english books in english, but I have seen the House series in bookstores, and the machine crusade and the Butt Jihad are on the French Amazon

(i do get confused with those presequels and their chronology though)

Most good reviews have no interest as they just look like another fanboy with shite in their eyes, but I just stumbled across a 1 star review that I have to translate for you(on the MC)
(it's from 2004 but it's good!)
Ce livre est la nouvelle catastrophe littéraire signée Herbert Junior et Anderson.
Après avoir rapé le mythe de Dune dans un feuilleton interminable où l'on apprend rien d'essentiel et où l'action l'emporte sur le fond, voilà que les Dupond et Dupont de la S.F. commerciale entreprennent maintenant de nous expliquer tout-ce-que-vous-avez-toujours-voulu-savoir sur la saga culte de Herbert Senior :
- La découverte de l'épice,
- La création du Bene Gesserit,
- La découverte du voyage hyper-spatial,
- Le fameux Jihad Butlérien....
Et si j'ai oublié quelque chose, rassurez-vous, les auteurs eux, n'ont rien oublié. Tout y passe, en autant d'intrigues qui se développent en parallèle pour remplir les 600 pages de ce pavé.. C'est complètement invraisemblable.
Le seul intérêt du livre c'est l'intrigue N°1 avec les Machines : nous sommes tellement éloignés de l'univers de Dune que nous avons l'impression de lire un autre roman qui serait rattaché à Dune par erreur.
Je trouve quand même que la violence qui s'en dégage est à la limite du supportable. Mais c'est peut-être parce que je ne suis pas un passionné de jeux vidéo et que je n'ai jamais pris de plaisir à exterminer des personnages virtuels ni à raser des villes de pixels....
Quant au style il est toujours aussi mauvais par rapport à la première trilogie (Avant Dune). L'action est toujours rapée en chapitres les plus courts possibles, ce qui évite aux auteurs d'avoir à développer leur histoire et qui donne aux lecteurs l'impression de lire un feuilleton dans un quotidien et non un roman de SF qui revendiquerait une filiation avec une des plus grandes sagas de la SF moderne..

This book is the new literary catastrophy by BH and KJA.
After combing over the Dune mythos in a never ending series of episodes where you learn nothing new and where action is more important than depth, now the D&D (1) of commercial SF have decided to to the "everything you always wanted to know about" the cult series of Herbert senior
- the discovery of spice
- the creation of the BG
- the discovery of hyper space travel
- the infamous BJ
And if i forgot something don't worry as the authors have left nothing out. You find just about every parallel intrigues possible just to fill the tedious 600 pages of that brick. Utterly without any credibility.
The only interesting thing in this book is the war with the machines, but we're so far away from the Duniverse it feels like it's some other story that was attached to Dune by mistake.
I also find the violence inside almost unbearable, but that might be because I was never one for video games and found no pleasure in destroying pixel made cities or characters.
As for style it is just as bad as the rest of the prequels, action scenes are done with as quiclky as possible, so the authors don't have to developp anything, and it gives the reader the sensation of reading a short story novelized for a periodic, and not a sf novel claiming affiliation with one of the greatest sagas of modern science fiction.

(1) Dupond et Dupont
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

After combing over the Dune mythos
that's funny !
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
lotek

Post by lotek »

:mrgreen:

Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

SandRider wrote:
After combing over the Dune mythos
that's funny !
Does that pun work in French, too?

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks