ATTN: Redbugpest Winds v. Dune

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

TheDukester

Re: ATTN: Redbugpest Winds v. Dune

Post by TheDukester »

redbugpest wrote:... since I have neither confirmed nor denied my involvement in the KJASF.
Which is ... odd.

It's pretty much common knowledge that you are, in fact, a member over there. It's never been some sort of secret.

I don't get it, in all honesty. If it's shameful enough to you to not even be able to acknowledge it, then why even bother staying? If I was ever a member of any club, society, organization, or group that was embarrassing to me in some fashion, I'd just leave.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

redbugpest wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:
redbugpest wrote:
Drunken Idaho wrote:Wait... Brian... Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you Special Forces? Or are you just a random KJA supporter from Amazon? Sorry, I missed out on a lot of the Amazon action.
Actually, you have missed nothing, since I have neither confirmed nor denied my involvement in the KJASF. I remain mute and aloof to any questions concerning this subject. :hand: :|
He is a member and is is an Amazon supporter.
What is an Amazon Supporter???
Supporter of kja who writes intellectually dishonest shill reviews there for kja bucks and argues valid criticisms of the writing.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

redbugpest wrote:Actually, you have missed nothing, since I have neither confirmed nor denied my involvement in the KJASF. I remain mute and aloof to any questions concerning this subject. :hand: :|
Which is just bullshit.

If he says yes, he's finally manned up and admitted it, end of story.

If he says no, I get to cry "Liar!" because I saw his name and email address in the members list over there.

He's a member, DI, end of story. :)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

redbugpest wrote:
Drunken Idaho wrote:Wait... Brian... Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you Special Forces? Or are you just a random KJA supporter from Amazon? Sorry, I missed out on a lot of the Amazon action.
Actually, you have missed nothing, since I have neither confirmed nor denied my involvement in the KJASF. I remain mute and aloof to any questions concerning this subject. :hand: :|

Okay, well the reason I ask is that you could probably communicate with our poser friend Rudy and confirm whether he is or is not, in fact, in league with you fellas.

Just a thought.
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

Drunken Idaho wrote:
redbugpest wrote:

Okay, well the reason I ask is that you could probably communicate with our poser friend Rudy and confirm whether he is or is not, in fact, in league with you fellas.

Just a thought.
Who is this Rudy you speak of??

Post by SandChigger »

:roll:

Never you mind, deary, it's just another ball-less dimwit poser. I'm sure you'd get along famously, since you have so much in common, but it's probably not really one of you hacksuckers, so don't worry your pretty(?) little empty head about it, 'K? :)
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

SandChigger wrote::roll:

Never you mind, deary, it's just another ball-less dimwit poser. I'm sure you'd get along famously, since you have so much in common, but it's probably not really one of you hacksuckers, so don't worry your pretty(?) little empty head about it, 'K? :)

What do I do to provoke this kind of response?

*** Looks around for a moderator... ***

Post by SandChigger »

redbugpest wrote:What do I do to provoke this kind of response?
Let's see ... come onto a forum where you know you're not welcome and abuse the hospitality thereof with your obfuscating bullshit?

I'm just guessing here, though... :)

Edit: You can use the little link next to quote with the exclamation mark in the triangle to report abusive posts, you know. HTH.
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

SandChigger wrote:
redbugpest wrote:What do I do to provoke this kind of response?
Let's see ... come onto a forum where you know you're not welcome and abuse the hospitality thereof with your obfuscating bullshit?

I'm just guessing here, though... :)

Edit: You can use the little link next to quote with the exclamation mark in the triangle to report abusive posts, you know. HTH.
And just how am I abusing anyone's hospitality when I go out, research an item of discussion, and come back and discuss it? Or I ask a question about a comment directed to me?

Thanks for the tip about the triangle.....

Post by SandChigger »

redbugpest wrote:Thanks for the tip about the triangle.....
Why, you are most welcome. Give yourself a cramp in the other hand using it, OK? :)
rain_maker

Post by rain_maker »

redbugpest wrote:

You do a number of things to provoke this kind of response. A short list includes:

1. Refusing to confirm your membership in the Hack's Special Forces, despite empirical evidence to the contrary.

2. Refusing to actually debate anything, preferring instead to waste everyone's time with pathetic non-explanations and repetitions of the "preek arguments" (which have been repeated so often that they are listed, in numerical order, on this site).

3. Running away for weeks at a time, occasionally with an explanation, and then failing to substantiate such explanation (i.e., by producing some form of results) upon your return.

4. Supporting the Hack in his raping of Frank Herbert's legacy.

5. Demanding that every post by a member on this site which includes some allegation or statement of evidence be supported with direct quotes from the original source, even if the original source was a message board post string which you participated in.

6. Being mysteriously ignorant of anything which supports a position contrary to your own while making broad generalizations and overstatements regarding your own position as if such generalizations and overstatements are universally acknowledged facts.

7. Crying "foul" at any statement which is even aggressively made in your direction, regardless of context or obvious intent, thus establishing yourself as a whiny sycophant. Tip: real adults can have a conversation even if someone in the group is being insulting or aggressive - i.e., the parliamentary Rules of Order do not apply to real life.

Is that good, or should I continue.

I realize that you feel psychologically inclined to defend the Hack's honour, being that he has been the gateway for you to finally be part of the Dune "club", as it were, but in doing so you've exposed yourself as an unintelligent nincompoop, desperate to establish yourself as part of something (anything) which has inherent value and meaning to the outside world, with no regard to how or why that connection is made. It is this reality which "provokes such a response" and further supports the general mindset at Jacurutu.com that you and your ilk are more interested in stroking your (now) inflated egos and, basically, standing at the top of the tree house yelling na-na na-na at passersbye than furthering the works of Frank Herbert and the legacy he left behind.

Also, to note, we wouldn't care one iota about said "tree house" and would generally leave you to your dillusional ramblings, except you built the stupid thing out of the floorboards from the "architectural" masterpiece that was inhereted by Bobo and the Hack from Frank Herbert.

If this explanation is too long or if I've used words that are too big, please let me know and I'll have it translated into preek-ese for you.
I had no idea that there were this many Frank Herbert fans left alive, what with the head exploding horror that is the KJA/BH atrocity.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:clap:

BraVO! :)
rain_maker

Post by rain_maker »

SandChigger wrote::clap:

BraVO! :)
Thank you.

I will bet you my shoelaces and the piece of gum I'm currently chewing that the only response I will receive to this, from RBP, is that I'm being mean and he's taking his ball and going home.
I had no idea that there were this many Frank Herbert fans left alive, what with the head exploding horror that is the KJA/BH atrocity.
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

rain_maker wrote:
redbugpest wrote:

You do a number of things to provoke this kind of response. A short list includes:

1. Refusing to confirm your membership in the Hack's Special Forces, despite empirical evidence to the contrary.

2. Refusing to actually debate anything, preferring instead to waste everyone's time with pathetic non-explanations and repetitions of the "preek arguments" (which have been repeated so often that they are listed, in numerical order, on this site).

3. Running away for weeks at a time, occasionally with an explanation, and then failing to substantiate such explanation (i.e., by producing some form of results) upon your return.

5. Demanding that every post by a member on this site which includes some allegation or statement of evidence be supported with direct quotes from the original source, even if the original source was a message board post string which you participated in.

6. Being mysteriously ignorant of anything which supports a position contrary to your own while making broad generalizations and overstatements regarding your own position as if such generalizations and overstatements are universally acknowledged facts.

7. Crying "foul" at any statement which is even aggressively made in your direction, regardless of context or obvious intent, thus establishing yourself as a whiny sycophant. Tip: real adults can have a conversation even if someone in the group is being insulting or aggressive - i.e., the parliamentary Rules of Order do not apply to real life.

I realize that you feel psychologically inclined to defend the Hack's honour, being that he has been the gateway for you to finally be part of the Dune "club", as it were, but in doing so you've exposed yourself as an unintelligent nincompoop, desperate to establish yourself as part of something (anything) which has inherent value and meaning to the outside world, with no regard to how or why that connection is made. It is this reality which "provokes such a response" and further supports the general mindset at Jacurutu.com that you and your ilk are more interested in stroking your (now) inflated egos and, basically, standing at the top of the tree house yelling na-na na-na at passersbye than furthering the works of Frank Herbert and the legacy he left behind.

Also, to note, we wouldn't care one iota about said "tree house" and would generally leave you to your dillusional ramblings, except you built the stupid thing out of the floorboards from the "architectural" masterpiece that was inhereted by Bobo and the Hack from Frank Herbert.

If this explanation is too long or if I've used words that are too big, please let me know and I'll have it translated into preek-ese for you.
It is indicative of the problem you all have getting other points of view to post here.

1 - I am not aware of any requirement to discuss any other group that I belong to as part of contributing to discussions.
2 - Read my posts, I have made a number of what I feel are strong arguments for my beliefs.
3 - I come and go like any other person who has a life outside of this board. Again, I am unaware of any minimum time spent posting requirement.
4 - I thought that there was interest in discussing both sides of the issue (OH open board argument).
5 - You demand the same from me. I have been posting my supporting documentation since my return.
6 - That is your opinion. I have never claimed to be a Dune expert, so I may ask questions that relate to the topic. I would exprect that if this board truly wanted more outside interaction, that the long time cadre of members would provide answers or at least aid in finding the answers. It's a courtesy thing.
7. - I will point out the abhorrent comments as a matter of course. It's about retreating into name calling when I challenge a belief. I've been well mannered and respectful since my return, and have made what I feel is an honest effort in the last couple of days to forward some of my opinions with supporting material.

The rest of what you said is just mean spirited junk, and I will ignore it.

Post by SandChigger »

Whoops, he's got you there, rain_maker!

As someone who is intimately familiar with KJA's junk, Pestie here is an expert on mean-spiritedness. ;)
lotek

Post by lotek »

redbugpest wrote:
rain_maker wrote:
redbugpest wrote:

It is indicative of the problem you all have getting other points of view to post here.

1 - I am not aware of any requirement to discuss any other group that I belong to as part of contributing to discussions.

it's no requirement as such, but if you don't see how it is relevant to establishing how biaised you are, then... For example, we don' like KJA's writing and the man not much more, so to make that pojnt clear no one here would dodge the issue to make sure their point is fully understood
2 - Read my posts, I have made a number of what I feel are strong arguments for my beliefs.
No uyou don't you just light smoke screens.
3 - I come and go like any other person who has a life outside of this board. Again, I am unaware of any minimum time spent posting requirement.
No one asks you to justify your whereabouts, it's just the excuse you use for dodging an explanation, that you need time to find info or whatever. And then you come back empty handed.
4 - I thought that there was interest in discussing both sides of the issue (OH open board argument).
Huh? What does that have to do with anything? We believe the hack is raping Frank's legacy so that means? Dodging again...
5 - You demand the same from me. I have been posting my supporting documentation since my return.
Well great you finally did it! Still needs to be confirmed. And by the way you forgot half of the reference from the question: even if the original source was a message board post string which you participated in. . So again by forcing that explanation on you you can play the victim of merciless argumentation. I call it logic.
6 - That is your opinion. I have never claimed to be a Dune expert, so I may ask questions that relate to the topic. I would exprect that if this board truly wanted more outside interaction, that the long time cadre of members would provide answers or at least aid in finding the answers. It's a courtesy thing.
Wow you do it again... not answering the question that is asked but the one you can reply to. Again no one asked of you to be a Dune expert, but then when you are confronted with that expertise you just stick your head in the sand and pretend it never happened.
7. - I will point out the abhorrent comments as a matter of course. It's about retreating into name calling when I challenge a belief. I've been well mannered and respectful since my return, and have made what I feel is an honest effort in the last couple of days to forward some of my opinions with supporting material.
And lastly if none of the above points had to be discussed over and over again I'd cry some tears for you but thing is after a while some people have less patience than others, and the best way for you to counter that would be to make it become unnecessary by removing the cause of these reactions.
Utimately Hope is what drives us to live through the day :)

Spice is the worm's gonads.
rain_maker

Post by rain_maker »

redbugpest wrote:

Cognitive Dissonance is a bitch, isn't it?

Further, you obviously did not realize it while typing, but your replies as set out above continue to support the statements I made in my original post:

1. So you will continue to refuse to admit that you are a shill?

2. (i) All of those arguments have been made before and are listed BY NUMBER on this website, and (ii) please look up the difference between "argument" and "statement" in the dictionary.

3. You dissapear when proved to be wrong, said you had to review materials and compile some documents, and then came back without reviewing said materials or compiling said documents.

4. There is no "issue". Rather, there are pages and pages of evidence and support for our argument that the Hack is, in fact, a hack and his "novels" are, in fact, raping Frank Herbert's legacy, while all you and your ilk have put forward is statements contrary to our arguments with little to no evidence or support. Please see #1, above.

5. Please provide one example of our demanding "the same from you". Not the direct reference, but rather just type out one example that comes to your mind of a poster on this board requiring the minutia with respect to an allegation made by yourself. Then, type out the manner in which said requirement was unnecessary because the party making the request actually participated in the original exchange for which they are requesting a citation.

6. No, you are certainly not a Dune expert. By the standards set by the members of this board, you are barely literate in the Dune universe.

7. I didn't state that you had been rude, rather, I stated that you have reacted to every percieved slight and (online) raised voice as if it was a personal affront, thus the label of a "whiny sicophant".
rain_maker

Post by rain_maker »

Completely as an aside, but ...

I really like the "tree house" analogy except is needs a little more: imagine if the architectural masterpiece was lived in and loved by millions of people, who were all evicted upon Frank Herbert's death, upon which unfortunate occurance the masterpiece was inherited by Bobo ... who then let the Hack rip the floor boards out to build a bad treehouse in the back yard ... then [the rest of what I said above].
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:lol:

Re your point (6): I think I've just shown in the Sandworms thread that he isn't even up to speed on McDune crap-lore. :roll:
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

SandChigger wrote::lol:

Re your point (6): I think I've just shown in the Sandworms thread that he isn't even up to speed on McDune crap-lore. :roll:
EPIC EPIC FAIL

Post by Serkanner »

redbugpest wrote:

EPIC EPIC FAIL
Indeed you are.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

redbugpest wrote:

EPIC EPIC FAIL
In my case, when I say it darlin, it's backed up by fact when someone goes to the thread to look. :)
Slugger

Post by Slugger »

redbugpest wrote:
rain_maker wrote:
redbugpest wrote:

[snip]
I think you just proved yourself with that last statement.

That's one of the reasons you can't have a political debate with people; they simply choose to ignore facts. You can't simply disregard data.
rain_maker

Post by rain_maker »

redbugpest wrote:
The truth does not change simply because you choose to ignore it.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

More unfinished business? What else is new? Here piggy piggy piggy!