Wanna go commando with KJA?

Moderators: ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos, Freakzilla

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Re: Wanna go commando with KJA?

Post by SandChigger »

:D

(I know what "ilk" means, Omph, it just tickles me when people use it. Gawd, self-publishers over on Amazon are so damned easy to get riled up. And almost without exception they are even more talent-free than Kevin. I mean, dayum, that JRJ guy has been pushing the same book for 11 years now. Like, write something else already? And the "I'm 60, a Vietnam vet, and ex-cop ... where's your book?" guy ... the first paragraph of his book went through about three different tenses before he settled on past. :lol: Not sure where the yen-mark came from; looks like I hit the option key instead of the shift. I noticed it before I posted, but thought it looked funny and went with it. :P )

Well, proof that B. Conway is still lurking here:
Hmmmmm…. Time to pull out my Dune books again…
Saturday, May 23, 2009

Looks like I was a bit off on the gap that Winds of Dune fills in. It was only about 9 years between Paul leaving for the desert and where children picks up… but no matter… I don’t think Winds of Dune is aiming to fill in the entire gap - but we shall see.

I’ve got to give a shout out to my shadow, Mr. Craig (say hi to the Jacurutu 5 for me), for calling me out on that… All this has done is whetted my appetite to read the originals again…. After I finish this one…

Maybe Mr. Craig will send me his nifty e-copies so I can be Uber Cool and search the text… LOL
Hmmm. Dissing FH's work by not capitalizing or italicizing "children" there. But at least he gets KJASF brown-noser points by getting Winds right. :P

But NO MATTER, details are just the little things that anal-retentives like me worry about, right? ;)

I like the Hypatia-like (and -level?) ... rancor at the end about the "e-copies", too. Although it's beyond me why he thinks I had to look up the fact that the Twins were only nine. :? (And NO, asshat, you can't have copies. I've put a lot of work into annotating my text file copies of the books. Gag on it. :D )

Anyway, hey again, indyman! Yeah, since KJA probably has watched the mini-series more recently than he's read the books, he probably thinks that version is more accurate. :P
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

well crap, here come the silly hats.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

The "Jacurutu 5?" Which ones of you terrorists are in that group, pray tell?

When I write a book, I'm going to write the whole thing in the pluperfect. If I get bored with that I may try to invent my own tense. Something like, "He will have had let that preek have it with both barrels." Perhaps Ill call it the future/perfect/imperfect or something like that. Maybe "F.I.P." for short.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

Douglas Adams created a few new tenses to try and deal with time travel. Past and future fit together like a jigsaw piece apparently.
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

The KJASF little troopers have been reasonably quiet over on Amazon, with no mass deluge of shill reviews on the first Terrah Incontinentah book. (Only 7 in total thus far, with only 4 or so on the companion CD.)

What has turned out to be interesting this evening is a comment from someone who I believe is KJA's stepson, on my Paul of Dune review from last year. :D

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1SB0G352C ... r_rdp_perm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Got 'em coming out of the woodwork now. :lol:
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

:lol: I still chuckle when I read Smellhole.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

I wonder if I'm infamous enough to make the cut into the Jacurutu 5? I'd better get to work on more demotivators and parody pictures if I want to make it 6 :)
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

GamePlayer wrote:I wonder if I'm infamous enough to make the cut into the Jacurutu 5? I'd better get to work on more demotivators and parody pictures if I want to make it 6 :)
I'm not sure what you mean, you know we're all just Sandchigger alter-egos. :P
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Yep. Even set up a whole n'other tasteless website to make him seem realer. :P

So, what do you think, does this put Junior on the collateral damageable list with Momma Reb? :twisted:

(Whoa ... who KNEW being the stepson of a best-selling hack could make you such a babe magnet?! Or is the attraction purely gravitational? :? )
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

SandChigger wrote:Yep. Even set up a whole n'other tasteless website to make him seem realer. :P

So, what do you think, does this put Junior on the collateral damageable list with Momma Reb? :twisted:

(Whoa ... who KNEW being the stepson of a best-selling hack could make you such a babe magnet?! Or is the attraction purely gravitational? :? )
I'm curious as to what her face looks like... but that butt goes a long way, I'm sure.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

SandChigger wrote:The KJASF little troopers have been reasonably quiet over on Amazon, with no mass deluge of shill reviews on the first Terrah Incontinentah book. (Only 7 in total thus far, with only 4 or so on the companion CD.)

What has turned out to be interesting this evening is a comment from someone who I believe is KJA's stepson, on my Paul of Dune review from last year. :D

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1SB0G352C ... r_rdp_perm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Got 'em coming out of the woodwork now. :lol:
J. Rogge?... :shock:
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

SandChigger wrote:Yep. Even set up a whole n'other tasteless website to make him seem realer. :P

He entered the discussion, so fuck 'im, let the daddy's boy deal with the consequences of supporting a hack.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

DuneFishUK wrote:J. Rogge?... :shock:
:shock:

Well, I certainly didn't make that connection. I wonder if he did. :P

One thing I'm not getting is why the Amazon "Real Name" banner shows up under that name. ???

I presume we won't be hearing any moaning and groaning from him about people hiding behind "the anonymity of the Internet" or using pseudonyms. ;)

(Another thing that doesn't make any sense to me is why these idiots seek me out. Any clues?)
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

SandChigger wrote:
DuneFishUK wrote:J. Rogge?... :shock:
:shock:

Well, I certainly didn't make that connection. I wonder if he did. :P

One thing I'm not getting is why the Amazon "Real Name" banner shows up under that name. ???

I presume we won't be hearing any moaning and groaning from him about people hiding behind "the anonymity of the Internet" or using pseudonyms. ;)

(Another thing that doesn't make any sense to me is why these idiots seek me out. Any clues?)
You're criticizing their investment of time and money into mediocrity and it hurts their feelings.
~Pink Snowman
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Who are the Jacurutu 5 anyways?

Rob
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Robspierre wrote:Who are the Jacurutu 5 anyways?

Rob
I hope I'm one of them... :?
~Pink Snowman
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Rob
They're like the final 5 from a Ron Moore series, but without all the espionage :)
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

GamePlayer wrote:

Rob
They're like the final 5 from a Ron Moore series, but without all the espionage :)
:? Hmm? ... I thought they did Concrete Schoolyard?

:P
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Rob
I deny being one of them. And you can't prove that I am! Neener-neener!

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Omphalos wrote:

Rob
I deny being one of them. And you can't prove that I am! Neener-neener!
This whole thing reeks of conspiracy... or is that Sandrider's BO? :(
~Pink Snowman
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

:lol:

B. Conway apparently thinks that my YouTube vids are of Chig's doing, so I'm kinda one of the Jacurutu 5, but without the reeking "Spacial Farces" that seems to follow Chig's movements...
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Ooh, I LIKE that! Spayshul Fartsers. Yeah. :P
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

hmm...so I'll have to come up with a particularly nasty demotivator to be come one of the Jacarutu 5?
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

I think so, Amp. Looking forward to seeing your creation!
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Ampoliros wrote:hmm...so I'll have to come up with a particularly nasty demotivator to be come one of the Jacarutu 5?
Just use 5 pics of SandChigger.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros