Wanna go commando with KJA?

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Eyes High
Patience Personified

Re: Wanna go commando with KJA?

Post by Eyes High »

But SandRider, you are a fan. A fan of the TRUE Dune author
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

I smell a trap.

1) this is some kind of design to create a legal basis for shutting down OH'ers. Omph (and other OH lawyer types) any basis in this?

2) the site is genuine. KJA has been having some problems of late: The name change for Jessica's Wind, the comments about the new editor, and now the poor reviews for his next 2 books. I think Kev is getting some financial and professional backlash from the other side of the spectrum, the one that matters; publishers and reviewers that can affect his sales (not just of books in stores, but scripts to publishers.)

In response to the Talifan moniker, all I can say is:

WHICH IS WORSE KEVIN?
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Baraka Bryan wrote:
GamePlayer wrote:
Oh, so now the true plot and intentions are revealed. Mr. Blanderson wants to organize his fans into a counter offensive against the evil, mighty barbarian hordes rampaging against him. "Special Forces" indeed :roll:
which according to him only number in the single digits :roll:
Oh, the irony indeed. Well said, BB :)
Ampoliros wrote:Image
Very nice!
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
indyman911

Post by indyman911 »

At 4 pm Kevin responed to Chig, "Well, it took only a couple of days before one of the cyberstalkers hacked in (this morning) and began posting on our site. We think we have closed off the access, although he promises to begin exposing us on the unofficial Dune site Jacurutu.com and his own hate site hairyticksof dune.com (at least he gave free plugs) starting tomorrow. "This is really pathetic," he says about KJASF. Cancelling his unauthorized account here automatically deleted his posts. We're not surprised, just disappointed, by the things these guys will do for attention." So far there have been 7 responses ranging from "Why won't they leave us alone?" To "We should flood their site with positive KJA comments." Just thought I'd let you guys know what's going on. Peace.
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

I posted the link to the site on one of my more trollish haunts.
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

What a tool.

I can't believe he thinks not only that we number in the single digits but that Jacurutu is only group of such "talifans." Like the Fremen, our numbers are underestimated! :laughing: :lol:
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

indyman911 wrote:At 4 pm Kevin responed to Chig, "Well, it took only a couple of days before one of the cyberstalkers hacked in (this morning) and began posting on our site. We think we have closed off the access, although he promises to begin exposing us on the unofficial Dune site Jacurutu.com and his own hate site hairyticksof dune.com (at least he gave free plugs) starting tomorrow. "This is really pathetic," he says about KJASF. Cancelling his unauthorized account here automatically deleted his posts. We're not surprised, just disappointed, by the things these guys will do for attention." So far there have been 7 responses ranging from "Why won't they leave us alone?" To "We should flood their site with positive KJA comments." Just thought I'd let you guys know what's going on. Peace.
Am I missing something, or did that insufferable fuckwit conveniently fail to mention that Chigger deliberately held off on telling the whole world how to hack into their fellatio-fest?

Oh, sweet baby Jesus, I feel a SandRider-esque rage coming on! :violence-pistoldouble:
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

indyman911 wrote:"We should flood their site with positive KJA comments."
Hey, assholes: I fucking DARE you to try. Seriously, bring it on, you lips-moving, basement-living, no-showering, buy-anything fucktards. Be ready to cry, though ...
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

We're not surprised, just disappointed, by the things these guys will do for attention.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Baraka Bryan wrote:i welcome an influx of the douchebags... let's take them in and show them how wrong they are about him.... convert them and then they're all in his fold but no longer loyal to him :D :twisted:
:clap: :whistle: :dance:

1. Welcome KJA's Special Forces
2. Call them douche bags.
3. Convert them.
4. ???
5. Profit!
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

indyman911 wrote:At 4 pm Kevin responed to Chig, "Well, it took only a couple of days before one of the cyberstalkers hacked in (this morning) and began posting on our site. We think we have closed off the access, although he promises to begin exposing us on the unofficial Dune site Jacurutu.com and his own hate site hairyticksof dune.com (at least he gave free plugs) starting tomorrow. "This is really pathetic," he says about KJASF. Cancelling his unauthorized account here automatically deleted his posts. We're not surprised, just disappointed, by the things these guys will do for attention." So far there have been 7 responses ranging from "Why won't they leave us alone?" To "We should flood their site with positive KJA comments." Just thought I'd let you guys know what's going on. Peace.
For the record, there was no "hacking" involved.

It hasn't been 24 hours yet, but since they've closed off the way I got in, I can't see it matters: I clicked the Login button on the front page of the site without entering anything in the username or password fields. (Sloppy design on their part: you should always check that something was input. It just takes some simple Javascript.) They're using the SMF boardware, so the empty fields automatically kicked me to a window on the board for a login retry. The same page also had a registration link which bypassed their registration page linked to from the front page. I saw, I clicked, I registered, I got in, simple as that.

Here's the email the boardware sent me:
Subject: Welcome to KJA Special Forces
Date: April 25, 2009 2:38:22 AM JST
To: sandchigger@mac.com

You are now registered with an account at KJA Special Forces, SandChigger!

Your account's username is SandChigger and its password is hikevin1.

You may change your password after you login by going to your profile, or by visiting this page after you login:

http://www.kjasf.com/members/index.php?action=profile

Regards,

The KJA Special Forces Team.
Clicking a button and a link. All "hackers" should have it so easy. :roll:

Other than a PM each to 'Becca and TAZ (which I didn't keep copies of), I made three (3) posts (yeah, I did a Hyppo and kept copies, just to be on the safe side ;) ):
Re: IMPORTANT REMINDER
« Reply #12 on: Today at 11:56:14 AM »

Hi, people.

LOVE this place!

There's obviously a hole in your "troll repellent", Kevin, and I'll even be nice and tell you how to fix it:

Tell Uncle Mike (or whoever your webmaster here is) to add some Javascript code to make sure the login/register fields aren't blank. And fix the login/register php code to keep it from defaulting to the SMF boardware routines for handling bad/mistaken inputs. Once someone gets handed over to the SMF board, there's nothing blocking registration and login.

(You know, this really is pathetic.)

P.S. I'll even give you 24 hours to fix the problem before I publish it on my blog and at Jacurutu.

Ain't I nice?

Well, y'all have fun here now. Chigger out!

« Last Edit: Today at 12:38:03 PM by SandChigger »
Re: Book Tour
« Reply #7 on: Today at 12:14:16 PM »

Yes, please do come to Ohio again in August, Kevin. I unfortunately missed you in Dayton last year, but if you announce your itinerary early enough, I'll be sure to be on hand.

LOTS of questions I have, oh yes!
Fan service
« on: Today at 12:41:40 PM »

This is really nice, Kevin.

And I think it really says a lot that you can take the time and effort set up a special site like this and interact with your fans.

Something you've never done on the Dune Novels site.

Really nice.
The last is a new thread I started.

And that's it. I stand by what I posted (and which some of you have also said): this is probably the most pathetic thing he's done yet.
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

TheDukester wrote:
indyman911 wrote:"We should flood their site with positive KJA comments."
Hey, assholes: I fucking DARE you to try. Seriously, bring it on, you lips-moving, basement-living, no-showering, buy-anything fucktards. Be ready to cry, though ...
As alway, this is an open forum, unlike Dunenovels. Al-Kjaida (I like that) is welcome to post here anytime.

Hell, send KJA a special invitation, I'd love to have him here.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Freakzilla wrote:As alway, this is an open forum, unlike Dunenovels.
Oh, I'm totally behind that, 100 percent. That's as it should be.

I just can't stand the whole "Hey, gang, here's how we can get them back!" concept. So I'm just saying if anyone comes over here with the specific agenda of just spamming a bunch of KJA nonsense, my goal will be to make that person cry. Literally.
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Message board invasions are so last decade :)
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Mr. Teg

Post by Mr. Teg »

His posts on twitter has been pure comedy gold, but little creepy.
Wanna be one of his special little troopers!
CHOAM
Combine Herbert Ober Anderson Mercantile, Narf!
Brian, Kevin & Byron :? :cylon101: :roll: The HLP
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

I love the ego on this guy. There's no way it could possibly be his shitty writing. Sales are lagging because half a dozen meanies are making fun of him online.

What a prick.

I wonder when Hellhole is coming out...
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Sev

Post by Sev »

Nekhrun wrote:
I wonder when Hellhole is coming out...
First one due in 2011 - according to Publishers Weekly "follows the colonization of the harsh titular planet" - can anyone say Pandora??
Freakzilla - "Apparently we can only aspire to be the 13th biggest Dune fan since we are not family or in the HLP."

Byron - "Are you trying to irk me?"
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Sev wrote:First one due in 2011 - according to Publishers Weekly "follows the colonization of the harsh titular planet" - can anyone say Pandora??
Hell with that ... can anyone say "2009"? I'm pretty sure this monstrosity was originally, way back when, due out this year. Then it was pushed back to 2010 ... and now 2011.

Personally, I think it's coming out on the 12th of Never. It's beginning to dawn on these dimwits and their publishers that it's not the authors' names that have been selling their dreck; it's this:

DUNE

Plus, anyone checked Brain's age lately? Born in 1947 ... in all seriousness, how many books does he have left in him, even if KJA agrees to do most of the heavy lifting?

My guess: no Hellhole, ever. KJA will milk Brian and the rest of the Herbert family for all they're worth, then move on to greener pastures.
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Smellhole will arrive ON TIME.
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

Does anyone have a direct link to the forum?
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
indyman911

Post by indyman911 »

http:www.kjasf.com/members/index.php?PHPSESID=e35e79ca10d4145813ea37247c6cca5f; will take you there. enjoy! :D
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

well, son-of-a-bitch !

I honestly just CANNOT believe what I just read !

Did The Keith REALLY just name Jacurutu & the Chiggerblog,
by name, on his own "secret" site to his own "special" fans ?!?

And did one of those low-grade morons actually suggest to the other
handful of low-grade morons that they come into this sietch and
"flood" us with "positive statements" about The Keith ?

MWUAH-HA-HA-HA HA !!!

I couldn't have prayed to the Little Baby Jesus for a better thing !
Please, oh Please, come ! Flood ! Cry !

Simon won't let me bitch-slap him around anymore, he's just ignores
my insults, like my first ex-wife; Omph won't let Hyppo back in, and I
can't find another forum to shut down arguing with her in public, I need
some Internetainment & Webdrama !

It's like a late birthday present from the Bouncing Buddha or something ....

} and BTW, Duke, I was born in 1947 as well, so :obscene-birdiered:
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

SandRider wrote:... and BTW, Duke, I was born in 1947 as well, so :obscene-birdiered:
Easy there, old-timer. We all know you fought with honor for the Stars & Bars. :lol:

My point being that you're not the one trying to hold up the shaky facade that, after a lifetime of inactivity, you're suddenly capable of pumping out 10 Dune books in 10 years ... or that, in fact, you're such a prolific author that you're going to join that other clown in yet another series.

Sorry, Brian ... totally not buying it. I think we all know who is really writing the McDune books, and I think he's making it clear that he's moving on to Terra Whatsitcalled and his superhero wet dreams without you. There will be no Hellhole series, ever.
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

indyman911 wrote:http:www.kjasf.com/members/index.php?PHPSESID=e35e79ca10d4145813ea37247c6cca5f; will take you there. enjoy! :D
Won't work now.. They fixed it after Chigger told them about the exploit. :mad:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

You mean you wanted to join? :lol: