Meat is Murder

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

A Thing of Eternity

Re: Meat is Murder

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Baraka Bryan wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:
Spicelon wrote:Freak, cartons are near $50 here in Lawrence. If that isn't a sign from...somewhere...then I don't know what is.

I. HAVE. GOT. TO. QUIT.

And for the record, I believe in the food chain. Steak rocks.

I like to picture it as a funnel rather than a chain - with humans getting everything funneled into their mouths. MMMMM.... everything.
:lol: :clap: :lol:

Even funnier is that I got that from my vegan girlfriend!
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I'm just curious, what excuse do these numbskulls make for meat eating animals?

Since we have both canine and molar teeth it makes sense to me that we should be omnivorous.

I've heard scientist that claim that if early hominids hadn't eaten meat, we wouldn't have had the protien to develope our large brains.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Freakzilla wrote:I'm just curious, what excuse do these numbskulls make for meat eating animals?

Since we have both canine and molar teeth it makes sense to me that we should be omnivorous.

I've heard scientist that claim that if early hominids hadn't eaten meat, we wouldn't have had the protien to develope our large brains.
Yeah, meat also means survival during the winter or drout if you are an hominid and can't find any vegy...

Hmmmm...brains...

Beer time in 1h30... :drool:
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I know your in there... because I can SMELL YOUR BRAIN!
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Freakzilla wrote:I'm just curious, what excuse do these numbskulls make for meat eating animals?

Which numbskulls? Depends on the group you're thinking of.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Baraka Bryan wrote:

fanatic vegetarians who think eating meat is morally wrong?
Yeah! If they don't want to eat meat that's fine. Just don't try to force your beliefs on others.
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Freakzilla wrote:I know your in there... because I can SMELL YOUR BRAIN!
Send more cops!

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

Omphalos wrote:
Send more cops!
The worst part is that i've seen that movie :D
The suicide zombie in the crematorium was hilarious.
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Seraphan wrote:
Omphalos wrote:
Send more cops!
I bring this movie up all the time and y'all are the only folks I know who've seen it.

Apart from the "Smell your brain" line, I really liked the "split dog", too.
~Pink Snowman
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

What's the name of it? I've seen it twice but i dont remember the name.
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Seraphan wrote:What's the name of it? I've seen it twice but i dont remember the name.
~Pink Snowman
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Re-Animator is a great one too.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089885/

Goodnight Golden Path!
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Goodnight Golden Path!
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Omphalos wrote:Re-Animator is a great one too.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089885/
:bow-blue:
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Freakzilla wrote:
Seraphan wrote:
Omphalos wrote:
Send more cops!
I bring this movie up all the time and y'all are the only folks I know who've seen it.

Apart from the "Smell your brain" line, I really liked the "split dog", too.
Wasn't there a split lady too? One who was complaining about the "pain of death," and how eating brains made the pain all better? :lol:

Goodnight Golden Path!
A Thing of Eternity

Freakzilla wrote:
Baraka Bryan wrote:

fanatic vegetarians who think eating meat is morally wrong?
Yeah! If they don't want to eat meat that's fine. Just don't try to force your beliefs on others.
The vast vast majority of vegitarians and vegans don't ever try to force their opinions onto others, though they will explain their reasons to others calmly (who doesn't try to influence those around them to fit their personal morals?). The crazy ones you see are the extremist minority, like any group has.

Quite a few of them (my girlfriend included) acually do not think it's morally wrong to eat animals and will point to the food chain - they have a problem with the way we treat those animals (pretty damned horrible in many cases) while they are alive, not that we kill them and eat them. Dispite eating meat I actually agree with her 100%, her morals are correct, we should treat the animals reasonably before eating them.
Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:Despite eating meat I actually agree with her 100%, her morals are correct, we should treat the animals reasonably before eating them.
I think it'd be cool if we started massaging our cattle and played classical music for them and fed them beer.

;)
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
A Thing of Eternity

Baraka Bryan wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote: The vast vast majority of vegitarians and vegans don't ever try to force their opinions onto others, though they will explain their reasons to others calmly (who doesn't try to influence those around them to fit their personal morals?). The crazy ones you see are the extremist minority, like any group has.

Quite a few of them (my girlfriend included) acually do not think it's morally wrong to eat animals and will point to the food chain - they have a problem with the way we treat those animals (pretty damned horrible in many cases) while they are alive, not that we kill them and eat them. Dispite eating meat I actually agree with her 100%, her morals are correct, we should treat the animals reasonably before eating them.
it's always the few fanatics that give a group a bad name. I think as long as we're growing, caring for and killing animals humanely, there's nothing wrong with it. unfortunately, too many producers don't treat animals properly.
I agree totally, (and so does my girlfriend - the only change she ever asked me to make was to stop eating KFC because the way they raise their chickens is so far over the line of morality it's unbelievable) I've started making an effort to buy free range eggs (also taste better and are better for you) and SPCA aproved cheese, I haven't figured out a system for beef yet, very few suppliers lable "free range" because they don't want you thinking about the other option: factory farm. Free range chicken also tastes much better but I rarely buy chicken at all. I'm also learning to watch out for farmed salmon and buy wild instead, not that I care about the fish's living conditions, but the salmon farms which are placed near inlets of breeding streams are causing desease amonst the wild population that might wipe them out along the west coast.

It is more expensive though, but that's easily corrected by just eating slightly less animal products (which we should be doing anyways for our health and for the environment). I have a long way to go though, I doubt that more than a fifth or a quarter of the animal product I eat so far is raised responsibly.

Morality aside even, I like knowing that I'm closer to fully conscious of one more aspect of my life, I really think most people (myself included sometimes) never truely comprehend their surroundings and just sleepwalk through life accepting most of whatever they're told.
Spicelon wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:Despite eating meat I actually agree with her 100%, her morals are correct, we should treat the animals reasonably before eating them.
I think it'd be cool if we started massaging our cattle and played classical music for them and fed them beer.

;)
Ditch the music and you just described Kobe IIRC. :wink:
Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

Spicelon wrote:

;)
Ditch the music and you just described Kobe IIRC. :wink:
O rly?

:wink:
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Spicelon wrote:

;)
You haven't been watching Xavier: Renegade Angel recently, have you? :angelic-blueglow:
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Mr. Teg

Post by Mr. Teg »

Back in the day, used to be this great joint called Murder Burger :D
CHOAM
Combine Herbert Ober Anderson Mercantile, Narf!
Brian, Kevin & Byron :? :cylon101: :roll: The HLP
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Mr. Teg wrote:Back in the day, used to be this great joint called Murder Burger :D
So good, you'd kill for them :)
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."