New game

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

DuneFishUK

Re: New game

Post by DuneFishUK »

IIRC the game and movie/tv rights being bundled together has been given as a reason before.

It's a shame because Dune has so much great game potential... but anything that keeps nu-dune out of games can't be all bad.

I reckon that Brian thinks games are rather silly things for kids, but Keith would love to add Game Designer to his lengthening list of mediocre achievements.
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

DuneFishUK wrote:...Keith would love to add Game Designer to his lengthening list of mediocre achievements.
I told my coworker, who is an avid Rush fan and knows of my KJA-hate, about Keith's novelization of the latest Rush album. He said, "why?"

:lol:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Nameless Swordsman

Post by Nameless Swordsman »

TheDukester wrote: and much the same way that he and Bobo got writing credits for the short-lived Dune RPG.

They wrote an RPG? :think:
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
- Sun Tzu

My fellow members of the Jacurutu; of this Sietch - let Water be a bond between us.
-Nameless Swordsman
Nameless Swordsman

Post by Nameless Swordsman »

Ah, found it. Interesting..
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
- Sun Tzu

My fellow members of the Jacurutu; of this Sietch - let Water be a bond between us.
-Nameless Swordsman
Jodorowsky's Acolyte

Post by Jodorowsky's Acolyte »

What we probably need is the Dune equivalent of Shadows of the Empire: a Dune game set in between the events of parts 1, 2, and 3 in the original Dune, played from the perspective of an Atreides blademaster which is an amalgam of Gurney and Duncan (the Dune equivalent of Dash Rendar, a scruffier looking version of Han Solo). It could feature third-person ornithopter battles on Caladan and Arrakis, heavy thopter battles around Guild Heighliners and Harkonnen vessels, third-person foot missions around the Arakeen city, the deep desert, the Smuggler hideout, the interiors of a Heighliner, and Geidi Prime. The hero would fight with a blade, maula pistol, and lasgun, and he would have his own personal shield to activate at any time (with the slow weapon weakness, and finite regernating energy). there should definitely be a level where the player pilots a massive sandworm, and steers it to swallow enemy tanks, harvesters, and caryalls. It definitely should have working stealth gameplay, like Tenchu: Stealth Assassins' or Deus Ex's, or maybe Mark or Kri's... Then we also need to have a new enemy which has similar problems as the Baron, or is just as a royal dick and Shaddam. Oh, and a combination of massive and average sized boss fights. What should we call it? Dune: Poison Rain of the Offworlders? It also needs its own game system. How about it beng called a Thufir 64?
'...all those who took part in the rise and fall of the Dune project learned how to fall one and one thousand times with savage obstinacy until learning how to stand. I remember my old father who, while dying happy, said to me: "My son, in my life, I triumphed because I learned how to fail."' -Alejandro Jodorowsky