Political Humor

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Jodorowsky's Acolyte

Re: Political Humor

Post by Jodorowsky's Acolyte »

Imagine the predominantly Republican House of Representatives singing this song, with Obama's name in the place of Adam's, Obama's policies in place of Adam's cause for Independence, and Boehner singing Dickinson's lines. Some other dialogue would have to be altered. I'm surprised someone hasn't done a modern political parody of this yet.

'...all those who took part in the rise and fall of the Dune project learned how to fall one and one thousand times with savage obstinacy until learning how to stand. I remember my old father who, while dying happy, said to me: "My son, in my life, I triumphed because I learned how to fail."' -Alejandro Jodorowsky
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Isn't It Ironic? The food stamp program, part of the Department of Agriculture, is pleased to be distributing the greatest amount of food stamps ever.

Meanwhile, the Park Service, also part of the Department of Agriculture, asks us to "please do not feed the animals" because the animals may grow dependent and not learn to take care of themselves.
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

D Pope wrote:Isn't It Ironic? The food stamp program, part of the Department of Agriculture, is pleased to be distributing the greatest amount of food stamps ever.

Meanwhile, the Park Service, also part of the Department of Agriculture, asks us to "please do not feed the animals" because the animals may grow dependent and not learn to take care of themselves.
Nope. Because we should be looking out for each other, while not hampering other species (and individuals of those species) from doing their best.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
lotek

Post by lotek »

Is that a joke or what ?
http://www.wusa9.com/news/article/19367 ... hpt=po_bn6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

seems serious to me.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7agqhACT ... re=related[/youtube]

EDIT TO ADD
really thought there was a moustache thread here already, don't tell me you facially enhanced people are going to let me do it !
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Stay classy, GOP. :naughty:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

I guess some things can shock me. I find it hard to believe that people are actually putting that on their cars.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Nekhrun wrote:I guess some things can shock me. I find it hard to believe that people are actually putting that on their cars.
I couln people in certin quarters where I grew up doing shit like that.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I have a dream that one day little black boys and little white boys will come together to tell you to go fuck yourself.

:P
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I thought that anti-Obama bumber sticker looked photoshoped but it turns out it's real: ‘Don’t Re-Nig,’ the racist anti-Obama bumper sticker, appears real
And as one astute Facebook reader pointed out, the bumper sticker is not only offensive, it's pretty dumb. After all, if you take the top message at its literal meaning, to not renege in 2012, would mean to in fact re-elect President Obama.
~Pink Snowman
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Freakzilla wrote:Image

I have a dream that one day little black boys and little white boys will come together to tell you to go fuck yourself.

:P
:D My sisters and I used to to that to cars driving by. We'd start waving at them and when they waved back, boom, middle finger.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

JustSomeGuy

Post by JustSomeGuy »

Nekhrun wrote: :D My sisters and I used to to that to cars driving by. We'd start waving at them and when they waved back, boom, middle finger.
Adorable, yes. I blame your parents.
I bring nothing to the table.
JustSomeGuy

Post by JustSomeGuy »

I'm just kidding.
I bring nothing to the table.
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Freakzilla wrote:I thought that anti-Obama bumber sticker looked photoshoped but it turns out it's real: ‘Don’t Re-Nig,’ the racist anti-Obama bumper sticker, appears real
And as one astute Facebook reader pointed out, the bumper sticker is not only offensive, it's pretty dumb. After all, if you take the top message at its literal meaning, to not renege in 2012, would mean to in fact re-elect President Obama.

Was shopping at Wal Mart today and behind me, one good ol' boy referred to Obama as the N****r-in-Chief to the person in front of him. He just started talking to a complete random stranger and then turned and ask an African-American, IN UNIFORM, if it was ok to refer to Obama as the N*****r-in-Chief!

Rob
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

JustSomeGuy wrote:
Nekhrun wrote: :D My sisters and I used to to that to cars driving by. We'd start waving at them and when they waved back, boom, middle finger.
How many kids do you have?
~Pink Snowman
E. LeGuille

Post by E. LeGuille »

Freakzilla wrote:
JustSomeGuy wrote:
How many kids do you have?
I am hoping it's around 0.
Long Live the Fighters.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

This is one of the funnier things I've seen in awhile:
http://www.happyplace.com/14899/women-f ... nstruation" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Love it.

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

~Pink Snowman
Jodorowsky's Acolyte

Freakzilla wrote:Image

Aren't OPEC and the American gasoline companies the ones responsible for the raise in the gas prices? The President doesn't have the power the heighten or lower the gas prices. Gas prices were raised during the time of the last President, but I don't think even he had power over how gas was sold. It's more likely the gas price rose because Fremen warriors were attacking the gas stockpiles, and CHOAM is trying to maintain as much gas as it can.

If Obama were the Padishah Emperor of Gasoline, does that mean that gas-addicted Guildsmen would enter the White House making bizarre commands? "REMEDY THIS! RESTORE GAS PRODUCTION! OR YOU WILL LIVE OUT YOUR LIFE IN AMPLIFIER!" It would be nice if the gas company CEOs recieved threats from the Gaseous Guild more often. :)
'...all those who took part in the rise and fall of the Dune project learned how to fall one and one thousand times with savage obstinacy until learning how to stand. I remember my old father who, while dying happy, said to me: "My son, in my life, I triumphed because I learned how to fail."' -Alejandro Jodorowsky
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

(This is supposed to be a humor topic.)
~Pink Snowman
Jodorowsky's Acolyte

Freakzilla wrote:(This is supposed to be a humor topic.)
D'OH! :doh: (Sorry Freak. Next time I attempt to post here, it will be more humorous than serious ;) )
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Please, feel free to start a topic on it if you want.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

~Pink Snowman
Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

Funny...
Attachments
528129_427801523912202_134525006573190_1720950_1257659264_n.jpg
528129_427801523912202_134525006573190_1720950_1257659264_n.jpg (54.74 KiB) Viewed 12541 times