Your Favorite TV shows

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Mandy
Cat Herder

Re: Your Favorite TV shows

Post by Mandy »

My favorite new comedy is Community.
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
trang

Post by trang »

community, parks and recreation, and the office............rock:)
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I HAVE to learn how that one guy does Hawking by flicking his lips. That broke me up. :lol:

I caught a couple episodes of Parks & Recreation while back in September; loved it. Pilot of Community, too. :D
Slugger

Post by Slugger »

Big Bang Theory is hilarious. What's great is that even my friends who aren't science majors find it funny.

I'm enjoying the spin on traditional mythology in Supernatural. And there's House, of course.

Anyone else watching Stargate Universe?
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

I used to watch Stargate: SG1 when I was younger, but dropped off on it. I spent a lot of time this year watching Stargate: Atlantis, though, because I felt it was much fresher and the characters had better chemistry. Both pale in comparison to the film, I think, so I'm still hoping the recent talks of finally filming the sequels actually go somewhere.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Finally getting to watch old seasons of Dexter on DVD. Love that show. Im also really liking SGU.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
trang

Post by trang »

dexter is another excellent show, watch in from downloads every week. SGU is slow, but I'm hanging with it, fan of SG1 and SG: Atlantis (favorite). Hoping Caprica works when it starts after turn of the year, I really liked the 2 hour DVD movie.
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

Community (Chevy Chase KILLS in this - and the rest of them are great, too)
Modern Family
Mad Men (great season finale!!)
The League (very raunchy, which I like)
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (raunchy and very non-PC = awesome!!)
Top Chef
Flash Forward (meh...so much potential)
V (pilot was pretty good, has potential as well)
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I get sucked into Mad Men every time I click on it. Love it. I'd like to see a little more Madison Avenue and a little less soap opera, but what the hell do I know.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia has replaced Reno 911 as the funniest show on TV, IMHO.

Goodnight Golden Path!
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Dirty jobs has been a favourite of mine for the last few years.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

Omphalos wrote:It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia has replaced Reno 911 as the funniest show on TV, IMHO.
Check out The League.

With It's Always Sunny and The League FX may have the best hour and 1-2 punch on TV today.
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Never even heard of The League. What's it about?

Goodnight Golden Path!
Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

Omphalos wrote:Never even heard of The League. What's it about?
Comes on after Sunny. A bunch of dudes (like, college friends with families now) have a fantasy football league, and the show revolves around that and the fact that they're, well, friends. heh.

Very raunchy, like Sunny. Lots of cursing, over-the-top sexual innuendo. Very irreverent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_League" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/origina ... /index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Freakzilla wrote:I get sucked into Mad Men every time I click on it. Love it. I'd like to see a little more Madison Avenue and a little less soap opera, but what the hell do I know.
Yeah... you might have a point there. The first season was great - not seen the second yet.

Finally got round to starting The Wire - mid-way through Season 1 atm... so far, actually rather good :)
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

DuneFishUK wrote:Finally got round to starting The Wire - mid-way through Season 1 atm... so far, actually rather good :)
You wont let go of it further on :D
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

The Venture Bros.

Season 4 is a trip
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Serkanner wrote:Dirty jobs has been a favourite of mine for the last few years.
Discovery! :D
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Actually have gotten where I don't watch that manyTV shows anymore. Will either try to catch a movie or watch some of our DVDs.

The exceptions are on Sundays in which I do try to catch the football games and when I'm over at my mother-n-law's I'll watch the show "Bones" or something on the Discovery or National Geographic Channel.
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

I don't watch much TV, but always try to catch House on mondays. It's a bit repetitive, but Hugh Laurie is extremely good, and they have some great writing.

Lie to Me is right after it, and I often watch that as well.

Edited to add: will sometimes watch Bones if it happens to be on. Little too cutesy for my taste, and Laura doesn't like some of the gory stuff, but the underlying story is usually pretty good.

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Katee Sackhoff will be on Big Bang Theory tonight.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Big-Bangs-W ... eakingnews" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Sandwurm88
Not Soleman

Post by Sandwurm88 »

Nice. ^^^

I must ask: what is everyone's opinion on the Cleveland Show?? It's the question of the current TV season, for me.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

That guy is a hack. Cleveland is his 3rd show using the exact same format (and very similar characters) over again. Part of me wonders if hereally thinks he's doing a good job (ala KJA) or if he knows he giving veiwers the same shit over and over and he's just laughing his ass off that everyone keeps buying it.
Idahopotato

Post by Idahopotato »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:That guy is a hack. Cleveland is his 3rd show using the exact same format (and very similar characters) over again. Part of me wonders if hereally thinks he's doing a good job (ala KJA) or if he knows he giving veiwers the same shit over and over and he's just laughing his ass off that everyone keeps buying it.
I am starting to think that the Cleveland show is a vessel in which to spew racist crap and get away with it since the characters are all black,

Now the Family Guy still delivers. Last night's show was great, especially when quagmire rips into the dog. I can't tell you how perfectly his rant describes the people I come across every day living in the bay area. A perfect example was a discussion I had about the single-payer advocate's boycott of Whole Foods with a coworker of mine, that also happens to drive a Prius. She said she tried to hold strong to the boycott, but it was too inconvenient. So I asked her if sacrificing your principles is ok as long as you only do it for convenience sake. She laughed it off, but no wonder the left always fails here in the US.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Idahopotato wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:That guy is a hack. Cleveland is his 3rd show using the exact same format (and very similar characters) over again. Part of me wonders if hereally thinks he's doing a good job (ala KJA) or if he knows he giving veiwers the same shit over and over and he's just laughing his ass off that everyone keeps buying it.
I am starting to think that the Cleveland show is a vessel in which to spew racist crap and get away with it since the characters are all black,

Now the Family Guy still delivers. Last night's show was great, especially when quagmire rips into the dog. I can't tell you how perfectly his rant describes the people I come across every day living in the bay area. A perfect example was a discussion I had about the single-payer advocate's boycott of Whole Foods with a coworker of mine, that also happens to drive a Prius. She said she tried to hold strong to the boycott, but it was too inconvenient. So I asked her if sacrificing your principles is ok as long as you only do it for convenience sake. She laughed it off, but no wonder the left always fails here in the US.
Yes, shoulda been clearer, family guy is still good.