The new title is perfect.

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Drunken Idaho

The new title is perfect.

Post by Drunken Idaho »

Something tells me Winds of Dune is going to blow...
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

I've lost my edge. I honestly can't think of any half decent fart jokes right now.
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

DuneFishUK wrote:I've lost my edge. I honestly can't think of any half decent fart jokes right now.
Yes, this book title is "the unwritten fart joke", I've been trying to think of one too.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

The reason Jessica of Dune has been renamed Winds of Dune is that it's right between POD (sucks), and Irulan (blows).

How's that? Not a fart joke, but best I could do.
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

I said it before, the Winds of Dune will wash over the past Duniverse and allow KJA to completely re-write the series. It proves he was right! There are no inconsistencies because he's totally re-vamped the entire universe!
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
cmsahe

Post by cmsahe »

Ampoliros wrote:I said it before, the Winds of Dune will wash over the past Duniverse and allow KJA to completely re-write the series. It proves he was right! There are no inconsistencies because he's totally re-vamped the entire universe!
Let's start calling those hack novels "Expanded Universe", it will catch. So, the young readers and newcomers will form the idea that the FH novels are the canonical ones.

Perhaps KJA wants to capture some of the mystique of that epic tv series Winds of War (Robert Mitchun) based on the novel by Herman Wouk.
Only the books written by Frank Herbert are canon.

Who We Are and What We Stand For
viewtopic.php?p=79778#p79778
----
Carlos Santillan, aka cmsahe
trang

Post by trang »

havent posted in while RL stuff. But have to say didnt know about title change till checking here. Interesting to say the least.

I have to respectfully disagree about using " expanded universe" for the crap those two morons write. They didnt expand it they just suck the marrow of FH's original concepts. If anything they're books are a "Pizzaro universe" they contradict/inconsist with the main ideas and themes from the originals as well as contradict/inconsist within their own books.

"Winds of Dune", "Worm Farts of Dune" " Jessica's Vagina fart's of Dune" all equally stupid titles. I guess they realized there wasnt enough material inbetween inbetweens for a whole book so they have to change the title to give themselves more rope to run off the short pier they call a writing career.

Its to the point with me that I need a Dueling sherpa to hold the pistol box (good set of black powder pistols) and count out the 15 paces as I challenge each of those twits to target practice.

Im hypersensitive because a really really good friend of mine is reading the original six Dune (she just finished GEoD and likes it the best so for) and im having lively discussion's with her about it which just ushers back in the love for FH's work.

You can take all the Butthead and Kocknocker books and throw them to the wayside. Until someone of worth (grand master of sci-fi at least) comes along who understands, loves, and wants out of pleasure not greed to write a finannly to the Series, we will never see anything worthwhile.

Trang
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

"Alternate" is better than "expanded", IMO.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

"Extended" would capture the nuance of the stretches of credibility they have foisted on the world. ;)

Is there a kosher version of "pussy fart" I could get away with on Amazon? :?
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

SandChigger wrote:"Extended" would capture the nuance of the stretches of credibility they have foisted on the world. ;)

Is there a kosher version of "pussy fart" I could get away with on Amazon? :?
Queef?
~Pink Snowman
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Queefs of Dune.
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:lol:

Learn something new every day!

(One way to know when you've lived too long. :shock: )

Wikipee also lists vart.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I've never hear that one (the term). AFAIK, queef is the accepted nomenclature.
~Pink Snowman
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

would amazon consider that obscene ?

let's find out ....
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

would g-damazon.com consider that obscene ?

let's find out ....

and BTW, whatever IS g-damazon.com going to do about the
title change ? Will our witty and insightful comments and
discussions be lost forever ? O, the humanity ....

}edit
Ah so. G-damazon already change title.
Left "Queefs of Dune" for moderators to ponder ....
Last edited by SandRider on 04 Mar 2009 12:42, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

SandRider wrote:would amazon consider that obscene ?

let's find out ....
I'll admit, I'm curious too.
~Pink Snowman
GamePlayer
70mm God

Re: The new title is perfect.

Post by GamePlayer »

Drunken Idaho wrote:Something tells me Winds of Dune is going to blow...
LOL :) So simple and silly, yet so damn effective and hilarious :)
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

SandRider wrote:Left "Queefs of Dune" for moderators to ponder ....
Looking forward to seeing what comes from this. :)
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I clicked both "Yes" for "Do you think this post adds to the discussion?" and "Report abuse".

Nothing like randomizing. :P

(Just kidding on the abuse bit, SR. ;) )
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I'll pretend to be the aggrieved poster and claim it was a typo for
The Queens of Dune ......
ImageImage

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:lol:

That'll work. ;)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

On the drive down this morning I got to thinking about the title changes for Jessica and Irulan and why they haven't mentioned any change or a new title for Leto of Dune.

And about if Jessica/Winds is going to be set between Dune Messiah and Children of Dune, where will Irulan/Throne fit if Leto is to describe the first hundred years or so of Leto II's reign, since he has essentially taken (or is about to take) the throne at the end of Children? Is Throne to share the same nine-year-interval as Winds? Or will it be set after Children, with Leto following immediately after Throne's end?

And then it hit me. One of those D'uh! moments of realization:

Who sits on the Imperial Throne after Muad'Dib?

Alia was just regent, not Empress. And Irulan certainly doesn't try to take back the throne for herself or her family. So the next rightful ruler to sit on the throne is ... Leto II.

Could it be that what they aren't telling us yet is that

The Throne of Dune = Leto of Dune

It kinda makes sense, no? If the Jessica and Irulan books aren't going to focus specifically on those characters, then the Irulan one really isn't needed, especially if they're going to be squeezed into the same short inter-original time frame. And there's even less point of having Irulan after Children immediately followed by Leto, when the latter book could just as easily cover the immediate post-Children period.

There may be a small issue with the contract for the last three books, but obviously the actual titles the books appear under isn't a big issue, because they certainly seemed to change them fairly easily. And the "Heroes" series name has never appeared in any of the books with a list of all the titles, so there's no apparent impediment to changing it, either.

Remembering that Paul of Dune was included with Hunters and Sandworms as part of their "Dune 7" contract, I wonder if the remaining book on the current contract (the erstwhile Leto) might not be switched round to the first volume in the post-Legends/pre-Houses "Great Schools" series they're also threatening to write.

The only potential problem I see with this is Kevin's announced plans to go into detail about Shaddam's attempts to regain the throne. Maybe Irulan isn't the Corrino that the book will be about? That would necessitate having it set before Children, because Shaddam is definitely deceased by the beginning of that book ("People who served well in the corps of Farad'n, grandson of the late Shaddam IV, earned rich promotions."). Unless all of the Shaddam arcs are handled in Winds.

:?: :)
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Leto of Dune:

Short stories collection about Leto II and his Duncan Gholas, hacked from the Dune Encyclopedia, add some Leto (Paul's father) in Caladan or something like that for the necessary flashback, maybe Leto having a talk with his grandfather OM, add Harum OM for the ''umph'' and then:

Profit $$$$$
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

Ghost wrote:Leto of Dune:

Short stories collection about Leto II and his Duncan Gholas, hacked from the Dune Encyclopedia, add some Leto (Paul's father) in Caladan or something like that for the necessary flashback, maybe Leto having a talk with his grandfather OM, add Harum OM for the ''umph'' and then:

Profit $$$$$
If they were in the least bit clever they'd put in that bit about the over-sexed Duncan or the female Duncan. But they're not. They'll end up defining their Duncans as throw-away characters, since they plan on killing them anyways. They don't have the foresight to produce actual characterization; even for throw-away characters (which don't exist in literature, but clearly they don't know that).
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Ghost wrote:Leto of Dune:

Profit $$$$$
We won't see anything like that...they would have to read GEoD first... :roll:

I think it's gonna be all about the Muadru and how those fuckers taught Leto II about their Platinum Path... :crazy: