Arrakeen Back Online!

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Arrakeen Back Online!

Post by Freakzilla »

http://s10.invisionfree.com/Dune_Forum/index.php?

Arrakeen is open read-only. We will leave it that way for a while for anyone wishing to access their old posts for whatever reason.

Sorry it took so long.

Where's that unicorn banner? :lol:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

That's up in the air...
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Edric

Post by Edric »

Baraka Bryan wrote:Since hyp used the Keen database to send mass emails out regarding the opening of the new stillborn version (:lol: credit goes to edric for that one) i think it's only fair to use it to promote Jacurutu as the true successor to Arrakeen as the Official unofficial Dune forum and tell former members that the new keen is an imposter etc...

unless there are plans to revive it of course.
I've got no probs with that, I've given Freakzilla and Cryknife their admin status back so as this site is theirs if they want to mass mail arrakeen members they can.

Sorry sorting all this out took so long but I've either had no net access of irregular net access, all this mess should have been sorted out ages ago.

Well at least now we Orthodox Herbertarians can get back to the task of dealing with the prequelites and since the release of Paul of Dune the new threat posed by the . . . "PoD People!" (inspired by invasion of the body snatchers).
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

:lol: @ "PoD People"
~Pink Snowman
Edric

Post by Edric »

Freakzilla wrote::lol: @ "PoD People"
Come on, don't tell me you didn't see it coming when Paul of Dune was abreviated to PoD :lol: , they are giving us the ammunition to shoot them with. :wink:
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

Sorry but i had to do it.
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood
Edric

Post by Edric »

:lol: I've had that image in my head ever since I thought of the PoD's.
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

Unban chanilover!
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:lol:

OK, where are Brooke Adams' breasts? :P

Ahem.

Edric, could you contact the InvisionFree people and ask if they would be willing and able to provide an export of the old board database and what format it would be in?

Just curious. ;)
Edric

Post by Edric »

SandChigger wrote::lol:

OK, where are Brooke Adams' breasts? :P

Ahem.

Edric, could you contact the InvisionFree people and ask if they would be willing and able to provide an export of the old board database and what format it would be in?

Just curious. ;)
I can tell you know without even asking IF won't, it's just something they don't do, plus even though I'm an Admin, I'm not the person who registered Arrakeen, that was the Baron.
orald

Post by orald »

Mandy wrote:Unban chanilover!
Ahem.

No, I don't want anything for myself, the Traitor has contaminated it all for me, the evil schemer. :|
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

Sorry orald, I didn't know you were still banned.
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Edric wrote:I can tell you know without even asking IF won't, it's just something they don't do, plus even though I'm an Admin, I'm not the person who registered Arrakeen, that was the Baron.
That brings up another issue: have you been in touch with Baron?

Any chance of Her Holiness The Handjob of Gawd getting him involved and reversing things again? Or has he truly fooked off once and for all?

What kind of access do admins have to the database then, none at all? :?
Edric

Post by Edric »

SandChigger wrote:
Edric wrote:I can tell you know without even asking IF won't, it's just something they don't do, plus even though I'm an Admin, I'm not the person who registered Arrakeen, that was the Baron.
That brings up another issue: have you been in touch with Baron?

Any chance of Her Holiness The Handjob of Gawd getting him involved and reversing things again? Or has he truly fooked off once and for all?

What kind of access do admins have to the database then, none at all? :?
Way ahead of you, email sent already!
Dune Nerd

Post by Dune Nerd »

Freak I think you should demand that she remove your reading excerpts. Somewhere she said that if you asked she would do it.
orald

Post by orald »

AFAIK I'm not banned, though I won't be checking it.
I meant some minor issues regarding someone BACKSTABBING me and DEMOTING me from ADMIN STATUS. Nothing much to talk about. :wink:

So now it's OK to call P&B names, eh? Or are you planning to demote Freak and the rest as well? Or was it just me you were ever gunning for for whatever reason?

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Dune Nerd wrote:Freak I think you should demand that she remove your reading excerpts. Somewhere she said that if you asked she would do it.
I really don't care except that the ones left on Arrakeen are old; some of the chapters are mixed up, some were done by other people and it wasn't complete.

I was thinking of asking that they take down the old ones from Arrakeen and giving them permission to use the complete ones at Jacurutu, but on the condition that they provide a link to the reading group here. Not out of spite or anything, but because I don't want my name associated with the old, incomplete ones and do want people to use the complete one from here. My goal in doing those reviews was a selfish one. It was to further my understanding of the story and possibly change it based on discussion of my summaries with other members. Some of my views may be too radical for others or maybe completely different. If they can argue their point well, I'll modify the summaries to reflect their input. So it is subject to change without notice.
~Pink Snowman
Dune Nerd

Post by Dune Nerd »

Freakzilla wrote:
Dune Nerd wrote:Freak I think you should demand that she remove your reading excerpts. Somewhere she said that if you asked she would do it.
I really don't care except that the ones left on Arrakeen are old; some of the chapters are mixed up, some were done by other people and it wasn't complete.

I was thinking of asking that they take down the old ones from Arrakeen and giving them permission to use the complete ones at Jacurutu, but on the condition that they provide a link to the reading group here. Not out of spite or anything, but because I don't want my name associated with the old, incomplete ones and do want people to use the complete one from here. My goal in doing those reviews was a selfish one. It was to further my understanding of the story and possibly change it based on discussion of my summaries with other members. Some of my views may be too radical for others or maybe completely different. If they can argue their point well, I'll modify the summaries to reflect their input. So it is subject to change without notice.
That actually sounds like a better idea. I vote that you go that route (not that my input matters).
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

orald wrote:AFAIK I'm not banned, though I won't be checking it.
I meant some minor issues regarding someone BACKSTABBING me and DEMOTING me from ADMIN STATUS. Nothing much to talk about. :wink:

So now it's OK to call P&B names, eh? Or are you planning to demote Freak and the rest as well? Or was it just me you were ever gunning for for whatever reason?
Orald ... how's about you make like Byron and SHUT THE FUCK UP already?

Whatever your past differences, Edric has done something GOOD FOR THE ONLINE DUNE COMMUNITY. Can't you see that and somehow leave your selfish bullshit out of it and let bygones be bygones for even one fucking day or two?
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Oh yeah, almost forgot:

Hyperlaliantele has locked down the first thread on AridKweens!

SALUTE!!!
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Freakzilla wrote:

That's a good solution, Freak. They would be fools to say no.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

SandChigger wrote:Oh yeah, almost forgot:

Hyperlaliantele has locked down the first thread on AridKweens!

SALUTE!!!
This just keeps getting better and better!

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
orald

Post by orald »

And yet you fail to notice he was the one who started the whole trouble for Arrakeen by appointing your beloved Hyp, over my backstabbed corpse, of course.

So no, I won't shut up. You sure don't seem the type to shut up about something like this. On the contrary, you delight in fighting over trifles with Hyp, so how can you lecture me?

I'll leave all y'all to have fun with ruining her playground, though if that's not the opposite of your advice(or command?) then I don't know what is.

Of course, what's best for me ain't necessarilly best for wise, ol' Chig here. Surely he has only the best of the online Dune community at heart.

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Oh, silly me. What was I thinking, expecting an Israeli Jew to let some past grievance die, even for a moment.

We'll be hearing about orald getting kicked out of 'Keen for the next two millennia. :roll:
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

If anyone wants to make fun of her with these as an avatar go ahead :lol: :
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood