I like to hike also!

Moderators: ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos, Freakzilla

Nebiros

I like to hike also!

Post by Nebiros »

Seriously, It's my favorite sport/exercise. When I reach the top of the mountain it gives me a sense of acheivement. Plus all the great views, the flora and fauna, the wind. It's a great activity. I live in a mountainous area with a large concentration of volcanoes. Hiking is the best way for me to keep the weight off. I'm no vertical climber though.

But I do not bring a recorder with me telling silly stories into it. You think Kevin hikes to make an excuse to talk to himself? So he can be alone and not look stupid? However, if he did not let me down with that horrible Sandworms novel, I would not object to his method of writing and invite him to hike over here in Indonesia!

So I just wished to comment that hiking is not a bad activity even though Kevin does it. By the way, could somebody make a funny drawing of Kevin hiking? Or should I draw it myself?
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I like to hike also!
That's great, Nebby, seriously.

How's about you go take a hike right now? A nice long one. :)
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Did you dictate The Monster of Rok-Rok on a dictaphone while you were hoofing it in the Barisan Mountains?

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Nebiros

Post by Nebiros »

I told you that's not how I write my books. I just meant that if it did not produce bad results, I would not object to it. Unfortunately it did so I would not recommend aspiring writers to do it. Although that's not really writing but rather story telling.
Mr. Teg

Post by Mr. Teg »

KJA claims most of his material is done while hiking, but I think if you calculate how much "writing" Kevin claims each year and how much hiking he actually does (how much talking can you do while hiking...?) somthing doesn't add up. Hiking is just his gimmick (marketing strategy as taught by his master Darth Hubbard).
CHOAM
Combine Herbert Ober Anderson Mercantile, Narf!
Brian, Kevin & Byron :? :cylon101: :roll: The HLP
orald

Post by orald »

Join the Hack Side, it is your destiny! :twisted:
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Sole Man

on wierdness

Post by Sole Man »

But I do not bring a recorder with me telling silly stories into it. You think Kevin hikes to make an excuse to talk to himself? So he can be alone and not look stupid? However, if he did not let me down with that horrible Sandworms novel, I would not object to his method of writing and invite him to hike over here in Indonesia!
I walk around and talk to myself in public, why would somebody be ashamed of that?
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Me and the Fam went to Stone Mountain yesterday. The wife and boys climed to the top, I had to take the princess back to the car for a badly needed nap. But I did walk a little on the nature trails. Me and the wife plan to go hike up the back side, off the trail.

http://www.stonemountainpark.com/

It's a nice park, here's the trail map:

http://www.stonemountainpark.com/images ... ng_map.gif

The summit is just under 1,700' (513m)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_Mountain
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

I love a good hike. Despite its reputation, Hamilton has a lot of great naturey areas (the Niagara Escarpment runs right through the middle of it). Lots of trails and such. FUN FACT: Hamilton has the most waterfalls in one city for all of North America! It's a hack's dream city!
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

http://www.cityofwaterfalls.ca/

Here are a few places where I like to pretend I'm KJA:

- Albion Falls - My friends and I love this place. We used to hike around and get high there all the time.

- Canterbury Falls - There's an amazing conservation area near this one (in Ancaster), that goes on for miles and miles in all directions.

Chedoke Falls - Near Chedoke Hospital. My friends and I swam in this one. We even tried to check out that creepy tunnel at the top. We got about 25-30 feet in, before chickening out. It was dark.
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Nebiros wrote:I told you that's not how I write my books. I just meant that if it did not produce bad results, I would not object to it. Unfortunately it did so I would not recommend aspiring writers to do it. Although that's not really writing but rather story telling.
Oh. Well, I read very little that you write, so I guess I shouldn't be expected to know that.

Hey Billy, I thought you were going to put up some of that masterpiece of yours. Whatever happened to that?

Goodnight Golden Path!
Sole Man

On the KKK

Post by Sole Man »

Me and the Fam went to Stone Mountain yesterday. The wife and boys climed to the top, I had to take the princess back to the car for a badly needed nap. But I did walk a little on the nature trails. Me and the wife plan to go hike up the back side, off the trail.
You know, Stone mountian is the Klan was reborn.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

I've had it with you. You're gone.

Goodnight Golden Path!
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

I don't get what Sloey said there... might have been his terrible grammer, but he said some mountain is where the Klan was reborn? Or that the mountain IS the Klan reborn? I'm lost.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

I dont care. He was not trying to get a conversation going. He was sticking his toes across the line. Im tired of wading through nazi and KKK posts and posts where he takes potshots at a guy whose beloved dog just died. Call me heavy handed if you think I am, my friend. I can live with it. :wink: But I was sick of Sloey ignoring rules around here. And trust me, I have told him time and time again to cool it by PM.

Goodnight Golden Path!
A Thing of Eternity

Oh I know that if anyone is evenhanded with him it'll be you.

I was just a bit perplexed by that post of his. I guess that's fitting though, that his last post made no sense.

Wonder if he'll turn up back on DN? :shock:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

What do you mean? He's been posting over on DN the whole time.

Remember, remember, the fifth of tequila...

:roll:
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Omphalos wrote:I dont care. He was not trying to get a conversation going. He was sticking his toes across the line. Im tired of wading through nazi and KKK posts and posts where he takes potshots at a guy whose beloved dog just died. Call me heavy handed if you think I am, my friend.
About fucking time. Seriously.

Heavy-handed? Man, I was thinking the opposite: second chances, third chances, fourth chances ... warnings via PM, warnings in public threads. I can't imagine any admin/moderator-type giving a guy as many chances to steer a different course as you did here. You were more than fair.

Hell with him. Flame me if you want to, but I was way past the limit on his sick, violent fantasies. They made visiting here very much like an unwelcome chore.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I see we have a new guest!

:lol:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Those are some beautiful pictures of the waterfalls.
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

:roll: Oh, Sloe Man! :lol:

Yes, EH, those waterfalls look amazing. I wish we had scenery like that around here.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:shock:

[Whispered: ^^^ He gives (mention of) water(falls) to the (brain)dead!]

:wink:
A Thing of Eternity

SandChigger wrote:What do you mean? He's been posting over on DN the whole time.

Remember, remember, the fifth of tequila...

:roll:
Really? I haven't seen any posts from him there since he told them all he was out and joined up here. Obviously I haven't been watching closely enough - probably a good thing.
Nebiros

Post by Nebiros »

Hey Billy, I thought you were going to put up some of that masterpiece of yours. Whatever happened to that?
My House Ordos fanfic is the best example of what I am capable of. On the Dunenovels forum I gave a scene out of one of my books.

I'd have posted some exerpts on my myspace page but I cannot read spanish.

edit: Nekhrun: Becaue that was when the web page language was in English. For some reason the language changed to Spanish. I cannot navigate through to my blog.
Last edited by Nebiros on 20 Feb 2009 08:33, edited 1 time in total.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Nebiros wrote:
My House Ordos fanfic is the best example of what I am capable of. On the Dunenovels forum I gave a scene out of one of my books.

I'd have posted some exerpts on my myspace page but I cannot read spanish.
Then why'd you write in it?