Christian Bale goes berzerk

Moderators: ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos, Freakzilla

GamePlayer
70mm God

Christian Bale goes berzerk

Post by GamePlayer »

Continuing our coverage of the chronically self-destructing celebrities of sci-fi and fantasy film, we're pleased to bring you the latest emotional explosion courtesy of Batman himself, Christian Bale :)

Christian Bale has a Serious Freakout

NOTE: Make sure not to miss the 3-minute sound file of Bale's "performance". Though be warned, more profanity than a Martin Scorsese film ensues :)
Christian Bale was recently captured on audio tape (recorded in July) throwing a major tantrum on the set of Terminator Salvation, because of what sounds like Cinematographer Shane Hurlbut (ha, Hurl. Butt.) wandering in Bale’s eyeline and distracting him during a shot. Bale spends the next three minutes or so swearing at the guy, threatening to kick his ass, threatening not to work if Hurlbut’s not fired - pretty much the whole prima donna nine yards. And so typical of a talent tirade, he doesn’t make any new points, just keeps shouting the same thing over and over while everyone placates him and says, “Yes, so very sorry, Mr. Bale, I’ll never duck when you throw a shoe at me ever again.” TMZ claims the tape was recorded by execs to send to the insurance company in case Bale walked off.

Now, if you were a rich, handsome, famous movie star like Christian Bale, wouldn’t you be aware of the fact that people already expect you to act like a spoiled asshole baby who’d throw a fit if his soy chai had too much Splenda? And wouldn’t you consciously try not to play into that stereotype? Like if you were a plumber, wouldn’t you go out of your way to make sure your asscrack wasn’t hanging out? Or if you were a Catholic priest, try really hard not to molest kids? Christian Bale wouldn’t. In fact, I think it’s pretty clear that Christian Bale is a Catholic priest who molests kids.
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I finally got around to watching The Dark Knight on DVD this weekend.
Enjoyed it quite a bit, probably more than all the other ones combined.
Ledger was just amazing.

But I had just watched American Psycho a few nights before, I'd never seen
that either, so I kept looking at Bruce Wayne funny, expecting him
to start raping and dimembering his playmates ....
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I can't watch him as Batman without thinking of American Psycho.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

Wow, what a little bitch.

I learned in film school that it's unprofessional to walk through an actor's eyeline while shooting or even rehearsing, but Bale totally overreacted. That's borderline abusive. He could have just asked him to stop.

It's almost as bad as this:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=EMVILMo1Cq0
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Bale is perfect for Batman because of Patrick Bateman. I love how Bale comes off as a haunted and disturbed Batman. I mean, "a guy who dresses up like a bat clearly has issues" :)
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Funny! What an asshole.

On a lighter note I just saw Gran Torino. Eastwood was using the bat-voice in that film.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

I can't wait to see that and see Eastwood beat up some gangsters.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:I can't wait to see that and see Eastwood beat up some gangsters.
Its a flawed film, but its still good. It has a lot of heart and the message is great. Plus Eastwood is really so horribly racist that its easy to laugh out loud during the film. Id put it up there with Unforgiven, but not as good as Million Dollar Baby. Maybe its because mercy killing is much easier to depict than self-sacrafice. Still, a great film.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Sole Man

ON MADNESS

Post by Sole Man »

Christian Bale has a Serious Freakout
WHY SO SERIOUS?
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

This incident has now officially become 100% epic win!

Bale Out (by RevoLucian)

I can't wait to subject the next party to the awesomeness that is "you are trashing my scene!" backed by house music :lol: :laughing:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

BRILLIANT. :lol:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Hahahaha
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
orald

Post by orald »

:lol:

And yet Bale is still hawwt! :)
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

But this is why Bale is an amazing actor. He might be a little bitch sometimes but damn the guy can bring it to a film. That's why I watch him. The best actors have fire and passion. He takes this shit seriously and it shows in the final product.

Thank you Bale.
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Exactly.

Bale is perfect for Batman because he is an intense, raging, not-quite-right kinda asshole. Bale's Batman isn't the best because Bale at least looks like he could kick your ass (though that doesn't hurt); Bale's the best Batman because he's as much American Psycho-esque crazed crime fighter as he his a milk-and-cookies hero. The guy has issues and that's exactly what makes him great for an unstable vigilante that dresses up in a rubber bat costume :P

Bale matches the role. Just ask Mickey Rourke or Jack Nicholson. :)

"You are trashing my scene!"

I love that quote :)
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

GamePlayer wrote:This incident has now officially become 100% epic win!

Bale Out (by RevoLucian)

I can't wait to subject the next party to the awesomeness that is "you are trashing my scene!" backed by house music :lol: :laughing:

I'm drooling at the amazingly catchy brilliance of this song!

No, Fuck NO!
No, Fuck NO!
No, Fuck NO!

And yes, his excellent performances are definitely a result of his intense methods, so it's vaguely forgivable. But the whole situation is one reason why big-budget movie sets can kiss my ass. I'm all about the indie approach to filmmaking. Fuck all that on-set hierarchy bullshit. I mean, sure the DP was indeed doing something unprofessional, but the fact that Bale or any other major lead could get away with talking to people like that is what I hate about the film industry.

But that DP must be pretty satisfied now that things are turned around on Christian Bale, and how the media is exposing what an asshole he can be.
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

I just had to make a Demotivator for this occasion :)

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I blame the fans who create a market for actors who get $20M per film...

...and my parents.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

Freakzilla wrote:I blame the fans who create a market for actors who get $20M per film...

...and my parents.
dont forget to blame democrats and Obama :wink:
Your friendly neighborhood Tyrant!!!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Tyrant wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:I blame the fans who create a market for actors who get $20M per film...

...and my parents.
I'm sure Bale is a liberal. :wink:
~Pink Snowman
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

GamePlayer wrote:I just had to make a Demotivator for this occasion :)

A very good point. Enraged cursing isn't exactly professional either.

BUT, I thought I'd give you a little pointer on your demotivator style... When it comes to that bottom line, Arial won't cut it. You gotta use a serif font, such as Times New Roman, or something like it. It all helps to look like an actual motivational poster. I also prefer all white text, but that's a matter of taste...
Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

Freakzilla wrote:
Tyrant wrote:

...and my parents.
I'm sure Bale is a liberal. :wink:
lmao :lol: :lol:
Your friendly neighborhood Tyrant!!!
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Strictly speaking, star salaries aren't the cause, they are just a symptom of a much larger problem. No one is going to convince me athletes, musicians, movie stars or any other such occupations deserve the millions they are paid. But then again, CEOs, politicians, and most others at the top don't deserve the money they are gobbling either. Movies, music and sports might catch the flack because they are luxury good industries, but the truth is pay outs for virtually all top spots in all industries has been spiraling out of control for decades, mostly due to the lovely phenomenon that is speculation. Granted, we all understand there has to be some kind of reward for reaching the top of any profession, but it's been clear for a very long time now that we have no clue how to moderate when too much is too much.

Whether it's Christian Bale getting paid $10 million per film or Gord Nixon trying to act noble handing back $5 million of his own $9 million pay out, it's all the same downward spiral of a slowly failing society to me. Ironic indeed that I find myself reminded of a quote from one of my favorite films:

"Tell me, Gordon--when does it all end? How many yachts can you water ski behind? How much is enough?"
Sole Man

On stupidity

Post by Sole Man »

I've got a briliant idea! Let's pay Brad Pitt $40 million to kiss pretty girls, look around, and do nothing to really help society!
Let's also pay a farmer, who provides our food for us $100 a year! It makes perfect sense!

Humans disgust me.