Great Depression 2009

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

We're in agreement there.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

my head just exploded
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I JUST HEARD THAT OBAMA IS GOING TO IMPOSE A 40% TAX ON ASPIRIN BECAUSE IT'S WHITE AND IT WORKS.

:P
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

BAAAAAAAAMMM! :D
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Freakzilla wrote:I JUST HEARD THAT OBAMA IS GOING TO IMPOSE A 40% TAX ON ASPIRIN BECAUSE IT'S WHITE AND IT WORKS.

:P
Sheesh, more crazy talk.

It's an 80% tax FZ, get yer numbers straight! :wink: :lol:
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Obama's Omnibus bill has 8,000 earmarks totaling $5.5 billion:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090306/ap_ ... s_spending
~Pink Snowman
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

Freakzilla wrote:Obama's Omnibus bill has 8,000 earmarks totaling $5.5 billion:

YAHOO NEWS FTW!

borrow and spend.

I think that this is what the USA needs to get back on its feet. I think that any failure to act would lead to ruin. So what do you do, sit back and let Rome burn or try to throw everything into fixing the flawed system of capitalism. It is a flawed system.

It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried.~Sir Winston Churchill
I am a turd. Do not emulate me, or Omphalos shall mock you as well.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

SwordMaster wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:Obama's Omnibus bill has 8,000 earmarks totaling $5.5 billion:

YAHOO NEWS FTW!

borrow and spend.

I think that this is what the USA needs to get back on its feet. I think that any failure to act would lead to ruin. So what do you do, sit back and let Rome burn or try to throw everything into fixing the flawed system of capitalism. It is a flawed system.

It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried.~Sir Winston Churchill
It's not like anyone didn't present alternatives. However Congress' own Budget Commitee said the stimulus plan would be more harmfull in the long run than doing nothing.

We're in way too deep to spend our way out of this.
~Pink Snowman
Drunken Idaho

Re: wowmof

Post by Drunken Idaho »

rstu680 wrote:Professional wow Gold store,We offer Cheap WOW Gold (cheap World of Warcraft Gold),Buy WOW Gold(age of conan gold),WOW Gold.Free Guide to help you Buy Cheap WOW Gold,Buy AOC Gold,WOW Gold,WoW Power Leveling and WOW GOLD,Cheap & Safe & Fast & Reliable World of Warcraft (WOW) Gold,wow gold , All in www.wowmof.com. Instant Delivery, 24/7 Service.
QFT, very good point rstu680... You fucking robot.
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

I hope everyone realizes that the earmarks are less than one percent of the bill?

McCain has been reduced to arguing over 1%!

Many of these earmarks are for needed projects.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I see McCain on these days, I just mentally tune him out. Or actually change the channel.

Sour grapes. :roll:
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

funny, our store is now 2nd in the district right behind the rich white trash pompous mall store in Dallas.

so my job's pretty secure for now, selling business men books on how not to go under and save their mortgage.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Crysknife wrote:I hope everyone realizes that the earmarks are less than one percent of the bill?

1% of a trillion dollars in nothing to sneeze at. Wasn't his campaign promise to eliminate earmarks? He's a liar, just like every other politician. Regardless, I think $1 is too much. To me it's bribery, plain and simple.
~Pink Snowman
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

Freakzilla wrote:
Crysknife wrote:I hope everyone realizes that the earmarks are less than one percent of the bill?

1% of a trillion dollars in nothing to sneeze at. Wasn't his campaign promise to eliminate earmarks? He's a liar, just like every other politician. Regardless, I think $1 is too much. To me it's bribery, plain and simple.
Most of those ear marks are from Republican house and senate members. Some are waste some are not, depending on your perspective. But 1% is not really even relevant. If I hear one more reference to that shitty book that was more or less considered complete drivel by the entire academic community as some kind of "inspiration" Im going to bleed from my eye balls.

Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand

What a joke. This book is complete garbage, the hero is a selfish asshole. She was a shit author who wrote nothing but garbage. Going Galt?

How about this ass hole with his web site http://www.goingjohngalt.org

This guy is starting a alleged movement about "Loving this country enough to leave it / Loving this country enough to save it" Basically he is saying that people who are doing well should be more lazy and less productive as a form of rebelling to show the govt. they dont want to help the poor, less fortunate and as the "grate" Ayn Rand wrote "The moochers who will claim your product with tears"

So he is the founder of this movement, really funny thing, he has an ad on his site about the fact he is currently looking for work. Colbert FTW!

The neo-cons need a new game plan. When your best talent is a 14yr old boy who had a dream about the party, Stephen Baldwin and Rush Dickbah, you have a serious leadership issue.

Glen Beck FTW!

Honestly, Meghan McCain is the best hope for that party, at least she is reasonable, and not filled with hate.
Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

Freakzilla wrote:

Whoa...his promise was to reform earmarks, not eliminate them. McCain was the one threatening to eliminate all earmarks.

Obama has fulfilled his promise. Earmarks are not all bad. Those people were elected to help their districts. They have to get that money somehow....so call them what you want, they are necessary.
Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

Honestly, Meghan McCain is the best hope for that party, at least she is reasonable, and not filled with hate.
I watched her on Rachel Maddow last night and she is an airhead. I honestly think she hasn't a clue what the Republican party is about.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Crysknife wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:

Whoa...his promise was to reform earmarks, not eliminate them. McCain was the one threatening to eliminate all earmarks.

Obama has fulfilled his promise. Earmarks are not all bad. Those people were elected to help their districts. They have to get that money somehow....so call them what you want, they are necessary.
If these earmarks are so great, why can't they pass in a bill of their own?
~Pink Snowman
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

Crysknife wrote:
I watched her on Rachel Maddow last night and she is an airhead. I honestly think she hasn't a clue what the Republican party is about.
ouch. Well I find her tolerable, at least she has the balls to stand up to the likes of Coulter and her breed of hate.

I dont think she is an airhead at all, and I enjoy her blog.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

All republican women have balls the size of church bells.
~Pink Snowman
Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

SwordMaster wrote:
Crysknife wrote:
ouch. Well I find her tolerable, at least she has the balls to stand up to the likes of Coulter and her breed of hate.

I dont think she is an airhead at all, and I enjoy her blog.
Well, I do give her props for the Coulter deal, but that was just in response to Coulter's badmouthing McCain. I think it has more to do with feelings rather than Coulter's politics.
moreh_yeladim

Post by moreh_yeladim »

Freakzilla wrote:
Crysknife wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:

If these earmarks are so great, why can't they pass in a bill of their own?
The earmarks are bad, but at 1% the bill as a whole is worth the minor ill of the earmarks.
Brian Herbert is a perfect example of why you shouldn't leave a universe-spanning empire to your next of kin.
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Freakzilla wrote:All republican women have balls the size of church bells.
so....basically your admitting that Ann Coulter is a man and that Sarah Palin would have been the first She-Male VP?

no but seriously...

Do you see the current opposition to Obama's stimulus package by republicans as partisan posturing or as disagreement to his ideas? Do you think the party is actively setting Obama up to fail, regardless of the fact that most of this stimulus is the hang-over of Bush's plan.

How about that Obama inherited this problem (oh no the I-word) and that much of Bush's deregulation ejaculations are the reason financial systems didn't set off near-enough early warnings.

Or did Liberal CEO's destroy the market?
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Ampoliros wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:All republican women have balls the size of church bells.
so....basically your admitting that Ann Coulter is a man and that Sarah Palin would have been the first She-Male VP?

no but seriously...

Do you see the current opposition to Obama's stimulus package by republicans as partisan posturing or as disagreement to his ideas? Do you think the party is actively setting Obama up to fail, regardless of the fact that most of this stimulus is the hang-over of Bush's plan.

How about that Obama inherited this problem (oh no the I-word) and that much of Bush's deregulation ejaculations are the reason financial systems didn't set off near-enough early warnings.

Or did Liberal CEO's destroy the market?
I think those are all factors. I've said before, this is just a power grab by the liberals. People will eventually realize that Obama is not the messiah and just another slick politician. His spending bills have nothing to do with the economy. We'll sink deeper into depression and they'll crucify him.

Of course, the republicans are posturing, but Obama's bold promises have given them the room to do that.

Of course, the democrats will still blame Bush.
~Pink Snowman
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

I blame the retarded costs of the Iraq war, take all that wasted money, invest in jobs and infustructure and things would not be this bad, deregulation added to the already massive corperate greed and coruption.

I think the spending bill will mitigate the massive job loss and create more new jobs, but its just a bridge.