Jessica to the Winds of Dune inconsistencies!

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Tleszer wrote:Analia - A Peter Griffin Peterotica

She pounced like a kitty onto the training droid and oiled up her cans. Did I mention that she's a ninja robot, because she is. The oil dripped erotically onto the droid, a man-droid looking in all the wrong places for love. Then the pizza man walked in and said, "Did anyone order a sausage pie with extra cheese?"
Bravo!
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Sole Man

on stupidty

Post by Sole Man »

NINJA ROBOTS!
chanilover

Re: Jessica of Dune inconsistencies!

Post by chanilover »

Ampoliros wrote:Note: Clarification, I'm Eightyeight, i had some log on probs with Ampoliros
chanilover wrote:
Wrong. Everyone knows Paul was born on Kaitain and his real mother was really that Titan/Cymek woman who was one of the chief bad guys in the Legends books when her frozen body was found in a giant iceberg next to some hidden spice and her eggs were fertilised with the semen of Baron Harkonnen which Gaius Helen Mohiam had kept in her mouth for over a year using a special Bene Gesserit trick. Please, pay attention.
CL I said, NEW Birthworld. Irulan got it wrong in her first book, quickly covered her mistake in her second book, but now, with her super ultra factoid research she's finally gotten it right. At least for this book...(Wikipedia survived till Dune Days? who woulda known!)
So far he's been born on Caladan, Kaitain and Arrakis. How many times can a man be born?

42!
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

SandChigger wrote:The little Fenring fuck.

Ah, that's right, you haven't read PoD, right?
No, I haven't. So the Fenrings have a kid. Wasn't he a genetic eunuch? how does that work?
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
Sole Man

On noballs

Post by Sole Man »

chanilover wrote:

No, I haven't. So the Fenrings have a kid. Wasn't he a genetic eunuch? how does that work?
The magical all-knowing brain of KJA (Who created the Duniverse, and can therefore change whatever the Hell he wants) came in, raped the saga a few times, and gave Fenrig the power, to do things that no gay man has done before!

(Or she was kanootleding with another man...)
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

chanilover wrote:

It's Feyd's kid.

I was hoping to find out in Paul of Dune that Paul realized the error of his ways and converted to Christianity. Maybe we'll see it in this new book.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Re: On noballs

Post by SandChigger »

Sole Man wrote:
chanilover wrote:

The magical all-knowing brain of KJA (Who created the Duniverse, and can therefore change whatever the Hell he wants) came in, raped the saga a few times, and gave Fenrig the power, to do things that no gay man has done before!

(Or she was kanootleding with another man...)
Wow ... how many more ways can one comment be so wrong?

:roll:
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Nekhrun wrote:
chanilover wrote:

It's Feyd's kid.

I was hoping to find out in Paul of Dune that Paul realized the error of his ways and converted to Christianity. Maybe we'll see it in this new book.
you do mean scientology right? btw, why does my spell check insist that I capitalize scientology, thats creepy.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Sole Man

On your speelchekc

Post by Sole Man »

Your Spellcheck was programmed by Tom Cruise, Clearly.
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

boardadmin over there wrote:Hi all. FYI, there's a scheduled change in the titles of the upcoming new DUNE releases (as you can see from the change in this forum's title). Jessica of Dune is being changed to JESSICA TO THE WINDS OF DUNE. And Irulan of Dune will be changed to IRULAN TO THE THRONE OF DUNE.
Breaking news: Something is in the air. Smells like they're playing a trump card.
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Even "Heroes of Dune" makes more sense than those titles. What are they thinking? (thinking lol :roll:)
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Tleilax Master B

Post by Tleilax Master B »

Tleszer wrote:Even "Heroes of Dune" makes more sense than those titles. What are they thinking? (thinking lol :roll:)
No shit. I guess they wanted the titles to better reflect the content of the books--IOW INCOHERENT.
Dune Nerd

Post by Dune Nerd »

Smells like shit on the wind to me...
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Well, the shit must flow so why not it also be carried on the winds from the thrones? :)
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

To the winds? lol.. I had to visit dumbnovels just to make sure this wasn't a joke.
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Baraka Bryan wrote:
boardadmin over there wrote:Hi all. FYI, there's a scheduled change in the titles of the upcoming new DUNE releases (as you can see from the change in this forum's title). Jessica of Dune is being changed to JESSICA TO THE WINDS OF DUNE. And Irulan of Dune will be changed to IRULAN TO THE THRONE OF DUNE.
wtf are those even supposed to mean
Its gotta be some reference to the time lines of the stories. Whatever "winds" refers to; probably the "holy tsunami, Batman!" that "The Muab'dib" brought to the other planets.

How fucking confusing is this?

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Tleilax Master B

Post by Tleilax Master B »

Who the fuck cares, really. Its going to suck ass no matter what lipstick they put on those pigs. And I won't be reading one fucking word of them ever again.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Big fucking surprise, they made it worse before the book even came out. Are they trying to make the Dune franchise into one big tax write-off?
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Mandy wrote:I had to visit dumbnovels just to make sure this wasn't a joke.
Same here; I thought you guys were joking.

And here I thought this book couldn't be any more doomed ... but, no, they go ahead and give it the stupidest title ever. Fucking geniuses, every one of them.

+++++

Edit: Christsakes, it was a fucking typo ... :roll:
Last edited by TheDukester on 28 Feb 2009 00:39, edited 1 time in total.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

I'm sorry, i was going to say something against them but i'm too busy laughing the shit out of me :lol:
Oh my 'effin god! I think i'm gonna die, they are just too fucking ridiculous! :lol: LOL x2

Edit: "Irulan to the throne of Dune"! Yeah, wich she never got to :lol: , they're so fucking clueless.
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

TheDukester wrote:Sam here; I thought you guys were joking.
Hello, SAM! Welcome to the boards! :P

Leave it to "Gawd, I must be more tired that I thought" DUMBFUCK Byron to flub a simple message. When you want the straight shit, go to the asshole:
KJA on his MySpace blog wrote:NEW DUNE TITLE

After brainstorming together, Brian and I have decided to change the title of JESSICA OF DUNE to THE WINDS OF DUNE. We think it better conveys the large scope of the story, the epic feel of the novel, rather than implying it's just a small story about one person. Jessica is still the prominent character, but she isn't the only character and the story covers a lot of ground. The novel will be released August 4.

Along similar lines, and for similar reasons, we are also going to change the next Dune book from IRULAN to THE THRONE OF DUNE. But don't look for that one until 2011.
Sheesh. :roll:

This makes no sense at all, and therefore is typical of these idiots.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Baraka Bryan wrote:can i get an Amen?
Testify! :)
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Sam's with you! :lol:

Edit: Oh, come on, Dukester. How often do I get a chance to rib you? ;)
Last edited by SandChigger on 28 Feb 2009 01:01, edited 1 time in total.
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Hey maybe we can combine a drinking contest and a naming contest!

Dumbest Fuck Title of Dune.
Sex On the Beach of Dune.
Mescal Worm-God of Dune.
(anyone know who J.D. Robb is?) Of Dune in Death.

Winds of Dune? Seriously? how much do we hear about the f'n wind in Dune. See Storms of Dune Kev. NO PRECIPITATION!

Seriously, what the fuck. What's it like being like that? No I get it, winds, sweeping clean the slate for you to shit on. I swear Kevin is like the Lex Luthor of Sandboxes. Those hard sandy parts that stick together are turds Kev.

anyone seen the movie Idiocracy?

Oh! Can I take a guess? here's 50$ that 'Throne of Dune' is covered in either Muadru runes or it literally compiles the collected thoughts of Muad'dib on the crapper.

end rant. you know, since i can't do that at Kindergarterkeen'
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Oh, man ... is no one even going to tell him to fix this?

http://www.dunenovels.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2979

Then again, is anyone even posting over there any longer?

Seriously, given his last few posts, Byron's only possible excuse would be that he's working 100 hours per week at the hospital. If not ... well, then he's really lost the plot.