No Lost fans over there? Season 5 begun!

Moderators: ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos, Freakzilla

mrpsbrk

No Lost fans over there? Season 5 begun!

Post by mrpsbrk »

The new season is there and no one has said a word! At least i tried searching, but since that series has such a lame name, like so common a word it's difficult to search...

Anyways, i luv the new season beginning, and i think it will roK!

No, not as much as Dune, but then again it is only sci-fi, it is not, like, a guy that wants to start a cult or something!

"God, NO!"

Well, even if he didn't want to, i am on that religion hahahahaha!
Marcio (mrpsbrk) does believe in Lord Leto over all other wills and reasons ;-)
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

There are a few Losties here.
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Never seen an episode. I've been told it's good, but I'm just about to FINALLY watch BSG season 4 - so as far as I'm concerned all other shows are just wasted time at the moment.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:Never seen an episode. I've been told it's good, but I'm just about to FINALLY watch BSG season 4 - so as far as I'm concerned all other shows are just wasted time at the moment.
The butler did it.

I love Lost!

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

I watched the new episode last night.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I thought about watching it,
but the History Channel was running
"the Hunt for John Wilkes Booth"
and I'd only seen that four times before, so ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

SandRider wrote:I thought about watching it,
but the History Channel was running
"the Hunt for John Wilkes Booth"
and I'd only seen that four times before, so ...
"So besides that, Mrs Lincoln, how did you enjoy the rest of the play?"

Ohhh Lost. I've watched every episode. Season 1 was the best television I had ever seen in my life when it first aired. Season 2 was pretty awesome. Season 3 started to slide, but had a lot of answers and some cool shit (including a badass season finale). Here's my summary of Season 4, taken from the "what are you watching?" thread:

"We've got to get to that boat!"
"Let's not go to the boat!"
"Let's go to the boat!"
"Let's go back to the island!"
"Back to the island!"
"Where's Sayid?"
"He's on the boat!"
"Where's the boat?"
"It's on the island!"
"Desmond's wierd!"
"Back to the boat!"

This was probably the worst season for draaaggging out the story. NOTHING HAPPENED IN THIS DAMNED SEASON!!! Well, some stuff happened, and some of it was cool. But they had to go and introduce ghosts and time travel! Now EVERY mystery on the show is going to be explained with ghosts, time travel, or time-travelling ghosts.

And yet, I will watch until the very end...

The premiere last night was pretty awesome though. BEST INTRO EVER! With the orientation film guy. That was amazing. Have you noticed though that the show has taken a turn from survival and human drama, to hard science fiction?
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
mrpsbrk

Post by mrpsbrk »

Drunken Idaho wrote:Ohhh Lost. I've watched every episode. Season 1 was the best television I had ever seen in my life when it first aired. Season 2 was pretty awesome. Season 3 started to slide, but had a lot of answers and some cool shit (including a badass season finale). Here's my summary of Season 4, taken from the "what are you watching?" thread:

This was probably the worst season for draaaggging out the story. NOTHING HAPPENED IN THIS DAMNED SEASON!!! Well, some stuff happened, and some of it was cool. But they had to go and introduce ghosts and time travel! Now EVERY mystery on the show is going to be explained with ghosts, time travel, or time-travelling ghosts.
How odd, i have exactly the opposite opinion to you. Maybe that's because i haven't watched the first season as it aired, but just after, on a row, in DVD. My impression is that season 1 is pure "Party of Five"-y touchy-feely interaction between some guys in a beach. Like, there is a mystery, ok, but no answer whatsoever. Everything that happens in season 1 is a red-herring.

Then there comes season 2 full of red-herrings too, but at least it begins to show where the explanations will be. Season 3 shows the others, which do seem to know something but be unable to explain it to the 815 guys because all they want is food and killing anyone else that moves.

Season 4 finally sees some things really going on, mainly because the boat forces the others to take action instead of just waiting for the 815vers to come to grips to what is going on. In fact, i have seen more than one prize of season 4 for it being shortened by the strike thing and that making it just perfect because of the smaller amount of dragging!!

I have a friend that also feels that the show "has become too much sci-fi without the mysticism of the 1st season"... I don't know, i think it was neither mystic nor scientific before, and i do not see it "changing" at all, just revealing what was already planned...
Sole Man

on LOST

Post by Sole Man »

I don't want to listen to Matthew Fox's heavy breathing.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

I liked Hugo's summary of his experiences to his mother. It sounded a lot like that chick in the Star Wars summary in another thread. :D
mrpsbrk

Post by mrpsbrk »

Nekhrun wrote:I liked Hugo's summary of his experiences to his mother. It sounded a lot like that chick in the Star Wars summary in another thread. :D
That summary was awesome! But i really, reeeeeally loved his mother's response: "I believe you. I do NOT understand you, but i believe you." Ha! Brilliant.
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

I got out at Season 2 and I'm more convinced than ever that I'm better off. But dude, I do miss Hurley :)
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Sole Man

ON lost SHIT

Post by Sole Man »

GamePlayer wrote:I got out at Season 2 and I'm more convinced than ever that I'm better off. But dude, I do miss Hurley :)
I miss Harley but you don't see me bitchin' about it.

Wait, what were we talking about again?
Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

Lost.....pffftt...what a steaming pile. i tried to watch that show the first season...watched about 3 episodes and wanted to kill myself. Its as bad as Prison Break was after the second season. And u know what. I've seen lots of fat people before in my life. But if i have to see that huge fatass with teh long knappy hair on a commercial again im gonna...im gonna...im gonna read KJA books!!!!! ... thats how painful seeing him and Lost commercials are.

at least Jack Bauer kicks peoples asses and comes up with some Mcgyver techniques to torture for information. First time i seen him plug in a lamp..then rip the electrical cord out of the lamp...split it in half..and start frying the terrorist until he talked, i about wet myself with laughter. Myabe in the next episode of 24 he can get the terrorists to watch "Lost" until they give up the info...im sure that wouldnt take near as long as normal torture techniques

ps ... if you couldnt tell i dont like Lost
Your friendly neighborhood Tyrant!!!
Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

Lost is the second best show on TV right now.
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

Spicelon wrote:Lost is the second best show on TV right now.
and whats first according to ratings?...American Idol???..i rest my case
Your friendly neighborhood Tyrant!!!
Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

Tyrant wrote:
Spicelon wrote:Lost is the second best show on TV right now.
and whats first according to ratings?...American Idol???..i rest my case
Nope, ratings have zilch to do with it. I was simply stating that Lost, imo, is the second best show on TV.
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

Let me guess! Battlestar Galactica? :)
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

Mandy wrote:Let me guess! Battlestar Galactica? :)
ding! ding! ding!

There are only three shows I try to make it a point to watch when they're actually on: BSG, Lost and Top Chef. I've tried 24. Meh. The Wire, so so. Other than that, I don't watch episodic TV. I do watch a ton of the soccer channel. Must be the old Catholic in me. :D

(so ya, of the three shows I actually give a shit about, Lost is #2. Nice sample size, eh? ;))
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

BSG is the only fiction show I'll watch now.
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

BSG really picked up there on Friday ... [no spoilers here; I'm just sayin']. Conflict, tension, making it about the characters instead of the Wack-A-Mole "who's a Cylon?" nonsense: that's the BSG I loved for two-plus seasons.

As for Lost ... well, I'll go with "uneven" as my one-word review for now. But, having never missed an episode, it hardly matters. I'm in for the long haul, no matter how it ends up.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

The best show on television ended last year, but I'd say BSG makes a good replacement. But once BSG ends, I'll pretty much be done with anything that's currently airing. Maybe Caprica might be worth a look.
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I just watched a bunch of the season 4 DVDs -
the deleted scenes are as revealing of the plotline as anything in the show.
do they put those up on the website ?

and in one of the 'video blahg' extras, the producer, the smartass one,
not the unwashed hippie, said he was going to produce the Bionic Woman.

not keeping up very well on current TV, isn't this thing on now ?
and is it any good ?
ImageImage

Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

Bionic Woman came and went already. It wasn't good. Instead of making it cool and high tech, they went the cheesy route.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

GamePlayer wrote:The best show on television ended last year ...
Okay, I'll play ...

... The Wire or The Shield, I'm guessing.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.