Student auctions virginity, sparks online debate

Moderators: ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos, Freakzilla

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Student auctions virginity, sparks online debate

Post by Freakzilla »

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A 22-year-old woman in the United States is publicly auctioning her virginity to pay for her college education, sparking a heated online debate about sex and morality.

The student from San Diego, California, who is using the pseudonym Natalie Dylan for "safety reasons," said she had no moral dilemma with her decision and found it "empowering".

But few bloggers sided with her and some suspected her intentions.

"I don't think auctioning my virginity will solve all my problems," she told celebrity television show The Insider on Wednesday. "But it will create some financial stability. I'm ready for the controversy, I know it will come along. I'm ready to do this."

"We live in a capitalist society. Why shouldn't I be allowed to capitalize on my virginity?" she added.

The woman, who has earned a bachelor degree in women's studies and now wants to start a master's degree in marriage and family therapy, is hoping the bidding will hit $1 million.

The online auction site eBay turned her down so the auction will take place at a Nevada brothel, the Moonlite Bunny Ranch, where her sister is working to pay off her college debts.

The date for the auction was not immediately available.

In a flurry of media interviews and appearances, she admitted that her mother, a fourth grade teacher, does not agree with her decision. Many on the Internet also disapprove.

"Maybe this is the conservative in me coming out, but this seems so wrong," wrote one blogger, Mike. "Isn't this prostitution?"

"I must say I feel sad for the future of our society," said Mike from Montclair State University in New Jersey.

"What disgusts me about this whole thing is the fact that she is promoting it so heavily. It seems less about having some guy pay for her virginity and more about trying to get her 15 minutes and a reality show," said a blogger called "Ent Lawyer".

She does have her supporters -- not surprisingly Dennis Hof, owner of the Moonlite Bunny Ranch.

"I think it's a tremendous idea. Why lose it to some guy in the backseat of a Toyota when you can pay for your education?" he told reporters.

(Writing by Belinda Goldsmith, Editing by Miral Fahmy)
Here's your big change Sole Man! :lol:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

If she can legally get away with it, more power to her.
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

GamePlayer wrote:If she can legally get away with it, more power to her.
She can in Nevada. Prostitution should be legal anyway.

It would be funny though if she got expelled on moral grounds.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

LOL :) Yeah, that would be hilarious. Though if she's as successful with her auction as she thinks she will be, she'll have the option to go to any college/uni in the world with that kind of money.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

GamePlayer wrote:LOL :) Yeah, that would be hilarious. Though if she's as successful with her auction as she thinks she will be, she'll have the option to go to any college/uni in the world with that kind of money.
I want to see what she looks like.
~Pink Snowman
Sole Man

on this Swine!

Post by Sole Man »

Back in my day that used to be called "Being a whore."

In an unrealted story, I think my mental distubation is slipping awa. Can somebody help me find it?
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Why not, seems like a stupid decision to me, but most people's first time is either shit or a joke (looking at myself here). I agree, prostitution should be legal, I can't think of a single good argument against legalizing prostitution that doesn't involve fake morals handed down from a fake god.
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

"I think it's a tremendous idea. Why lose it to some guy in the backseat of a Toyota when you can pay for your education?" he told reporters.
Good Point there^ Seems to make it less shocking if you think about it that way.

Even if I had the money, I wouldn't want to pop her cherry. My first time was the girl's first time, and let's just say it wasn't the most enjoyable sexual experience I've had. hard to enjoy yourself when she's in so much pain.

I'm sure many of you will disagree.
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Freakzilla wrote:She can in Nevada.
Just for the record ...

Prostitution is illegal in Nevada. Brothels, however, are not ... but they are licensed, regulated, inspected, and have about 10,000 other rules they have to worry about. They're also not allowed inside city limits; for instance, I'm often asked about the semi-famous Mustang Ranch being in Reno, but it's actually on unincorporated land out on the boonies.

Nevada history lesson concluded for the day. We can now return to discussing this goofy broad ...

... who is a complete twit, BTW.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I've never had sex with a virgin. :cry:
~Pink Snowman
Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

I'd say she's less capitalizing on her virginity, and more on our society's uncanny knack for throwing large sums of money on novelty ideas. Remember "Save the bunny"?
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Freakzilla wrote:I've never had sex with a virgin. :cry:
Why would anyone want to?

Besides another virgin, I mean.

Seriously, think about it.

Men who go on about virgins and young girls have serious inadequacy issues.

Or at least that's always the way it's looked to me.
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Schu

Post by Schu »

It really isn't all it's cracked up to be. It's pretty much like having sex with any other person except there's more angst involved, and some physical complications.

I find it extremely [I'm not sure what adjective I want here. Disturbing? Retarded? Warped? Unsettling works for me] that society puts any emphasis on virginity either way, either in the "I'm saving it for marriage/the right person" way or the "I need to get rid of my virginity so bad!" way, or especially the "want to deflower her" kinda way.

I figure you have sex for the first time when you can find someone you trust and have the hots for (or, if you feel the need for it to mean something, someone you think is that special someone or whatever) and if they reciprocate.

That being said, I want to see what she looks like, if she thinks she can get a million!
Sole Man

On virings.

Post by Sole Man »

Schu wrote:It really isn't all it's cracked up to be. It's pretty much like having sex with any other person except there's more angst involved, and some physical complications.

I find it extremely [I'm not sure what adjective I want here. Disturbing? Retarded? Warped? Unsettling works for me] that society puts any emphasis on virginity either way, either in the "I'm saving it for marriage/the right person" way or the "I need to get rid of my virginity so bad!" way, or especially the "want to deflower her" kinda way.

I figure you have sex for the first time when you can find someone you trust and have the hots for (or, if you feel the need for it to mean something, someone you think is that special someone or whatever) and if they reciprocate.

That being said, I want to see what she looks like, if she thinks she can get a million!
I think someone who'll save it for the right person is okay, it shows they have morals and don't want to corrupt those morals fro a useless purpose. but sick individuals who want to fuck virgins are idiots. No arguemet there.

I find it stupid that she's selling "virginty." Who's to say she's even a virgin? How do we know she hasn't been poked before, and is just trying to cover up the fact that she's "selling herself?" Wait...she might be the world's greatest whore!

Hmm...

drunken Idaho who's apprently male wrote:hard to enjoy yourself when she's in so much pain.
I agree with you.
Schu

Post by Schu »

Let me explain a little more: I think some people are too hung up on waiting for the right person before sex, but I consider that much more healthy than people that are too anxious to screw and just hook up with some random fuckwit. Who, in turn, may be more healthy than people waiting until fucking marriage. (well, I don't think there's anything unhealthy about waiting until marriage, just that it's incredibly ill-advised).
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

No more unhealthy than the whole fucking marriage thing itself. ;)
Schu

Post by Schu »

Fucking marriage is altogether a big mistake :P Chaste marriage, all the way!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

NO marriage, NO way. ;)
Drunken Idaho

Re: On virings.

Post by Drunken Idaho »

Sole Man wrote:
drunken Idaho who's apprently male wrote:hard to enjoy yourself when she's in so much pain.
I agree with you.
Haha! I got a laugh out of this. It's true, despite the 12-year-old girl in my avatar (who's probably a virgin, now that i think about it :P), I am in fact a male of 22 years. Sorry for anyone else who found that misleading. I wonder if Sole Man's not the only one... :?

But yeah, I'll admit that it was tight as hell and if it weren't for her discomfort I probably could have really enjoyed myself, but I'm not the kind of guy to violently pound a virgin. The next morning she told me there was blood, which isn't surprising. It did get better from there, but that's been my only experience with a virgin.

You know, I think it's in Islam, when a marriage is consummated, there must be blood, otherwise the female might get shunned or punished. This is from memory, so sorry if I'm totally wrong or mixed-up.
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Freakzilla wrote:
GamePlayer wrote:LOL :) Yeah, that would be hilarious. Though if she's as successful with her auction as she thinks she will be, she'll have the option to go to any college/uni in the world with that kind of money.
I want to see what she looks like.
A lot like this:

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Re: Student auctions virginity, sparks online debate

Post by SandChigger »

Oy, there's a nose what knows matzo, no!?
The student ... said she ... found [her decision] "empowering".

The woman, who has earned a bachelor degree in women's studies and now wants to start a master's degree in marriage and family therapy, is hoping the bidding will hit $1 million.

The online auction site eBay turned her down so the auction will take place at a Nevada brothel, the Moonlite Bunny Ranch, where her sister is working to pay off her college debts.
Dumb bitch learned a lot, didn't she? And her sister's a whore, too?

Dayum ... no wonder their mama's pissed off. :roll:

People are stupid.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I don't feel deprived or anything, just something I have not experienced.

I know of one virgin and she'd better stay that way until she's 18 or out of my house.
~Pink Snowman
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

She's not that great. Certainly nothing so special that would justify a large sum of money spent to win an auction.
dunepunk

Post by dunepunk »

It's seriously lame to pay for sex-- even if it can be considered a "novelty" like taking a girl's virginity or whatever. Anyone can find someone that'll sleep with them-- it just takes a little bit of social maneuvering and some time. Fuckin' American culture with its emphasis on instant gratification! :evil:
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that the thoughts acquire speed; the lips aquire stains; the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

dunepunk wrote:It's seriously lame to pay for sex-- even if it can be considered a "novelty" like taking a girl's virginity or whatever. Anyone can find someone that'll sleep with them-- it just takes a little bit of social maneuvering and some time. Fuckin' American culture with its emphasis on instant gratification! :evil:
I for one was greatefull for legal prostitution in Germany. It's not easy to meat (pun) people when you're in a new country and don't speak the language.
~Pink Snowman