Arnoldo Redux ?

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

SandRider
Watermaster

Arnoldo Redux ?

Post by SandRider »

Over There » Fan-Fiction » Piter vs Thufir
Arnie wrote: Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:53 pm Post subject: Piter vs Thufir
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In a perfect state of anarchy, any written law would be anathema. .
~Piter De Vries, Reflections of a Twisted Mentat

“Piter, your devilish plan is working” The Beast Rabban chortled.

Piters deep blue eyes glazed over as he reflected on his plan to put the Beast Raban in power whilst simultaneously throwing down the Baron Harkonen, the Emperor, and Muad’Dib’s fremen. It was easy enough to use his contacts on Bene Tleilax to request an exact ghola of himself to die in his place before the Baron’s very eyes. So it wasn’t so difficult to ally himself with the Tleilaxu to request a Khwisatz Haderach whom he kept perpetually drugged in this former deep desert smuggler’s base. And now, Glossu Rabban standing before him would soon unleash a secret army to everyone’s surprise.

“Our Kwistaz Haderach prophesized that Paul would soon try to change the Water of Life . . and be held in a deathly trance for many days” Piter said, “And our spies have reported that Jessica thinks her son has been poisoned.”

“Now is the time” Rabban replied.

Having not read the noDune, I'm not sure of this... but .... isn't the ghola Piter a pretard thing ?
Is Arnie rewriting Dune with that stuff retrofitted into the story ?
Is that what he was doing in the other FanFic that didn't make any sense to me ?
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

I think that Arnie just out-pulp-era'ed KJA! :shock:

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

You're giving him too much undeserved attention by making a discussion topic about him. There are interesting loonies in any insane asylum, so dont bother with a regular one like him.
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood
Sole Man

On intresting loonies in an insane asylum.

Post by Sole Man »

There are interesting loonies in any insane asylum...
I'm one! I'm one!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Re: Arnoldo Redux ?

Post by SandChigger »

Sorry, SandRider, but I have to agree with Seraphan. Even I don't bother reading this idiot's illiterate ravings in the fanfic forum over there. Reposting his drivel here validates him far too much. ;)

In answer to your questions, yes, ghola Piter is a House books thing. They have Piter swiping the baby Paul on Kaitain and then getting killed. Since this is before Dune, in which Piter obviously appears, they had to have some way of bringing him back. Hey...why not have him be a ghola! :roll:

Anyway, since you've brought it here, let's have some fun with it.
Arnie wrote:In a perfect state of anarchy, any written law would be anathema.
Anyone recognize this quote? Googling turns up nothing interesting, even in Spanish.
The Baron chortled. Bijaz chortled. Old Jacob-Broom-Within chortled. Rabban never chortled, as I'm sure arnoldo himself never does, either. Only the intelligent chortle.
Piter's deep blue eyes glazed over as he reflected on his plan to put the Beast Raban in power whilst simultaneously throwing down the Baron Harkonen, the Emperor, and Muad’Dib’s Fremen. It was easy enough to use his contacts on{on? try in the} Bene Tleilax to request an exact ghola of himself to die in his place before the Baron’s very eyes. So it wasn’t so difficult to ally himself with the Tleilaxu to request a Khwisatz Haderach whom he kept perpetually drugged in this former deep desert smuggler’s base. And now, Glossu Rabban standing before him would soon unleash a secret army to everyone’s surprise.
Tleilax is the name of the planet where the BT come from. You can have contacts ON Tleilax or IN the BT. English preposition usage is difficult for second-language learners; everybody makes mistakes. But this guy supposedly grew up in the States? :roll:

Does the underlined bit make any sense given the sentence preceding it?

The Harkonnen's never journeyed that far into the deep desert. Even the Fremen didn't live there, so why would smugglers hide out there? Stupid, as usual.

Ooh, a "secret army" about to be unleashed "to everyone's surprise"! :roll: I guess he learned the deus-ex-machina lesson, huh?
“Our Kwistaz Haderach prophesized that Paul would soon try to change the Water of Life . . and be held in a deathly trance for many days” Piter said, “And our spies have reported that Jessica thinks her son has been poisoned.”

Why do they need a KH to prophesy for them if they've got spies among the Fremen.

Spies among the Fremen? Idiot. :laughing:
Seraphan

Re: Arnoldo Redux ?

Post by Seraphan »

SandChigger wrote:In answer to your questions, yes, ghola Piter is a House books thing. They have Piter swiping the baby Paul on Kaitain and then getting killed. Since this is before Dune, in which Piter obviously appears, they had to have some way of bringing him back. Hey...why not have him be a ghola! :roll:
Dont forget the fact they never bothered to get his name right.
SandChigger wrote:Anyway, since you've brought it here, let's have some fun with it.
Arnie wrote:In a perfect state of anarchy, any written law would be anathema.
Anyone recognize this quote? Googling turns up nothing interesting, even in Spanish.
The Baron chortled. Bijaz chortled. Old Jacob-Broom-Within chortled. Rabban never chortled, as I'm sure arnoldo himself never does, either. Only the intelligent chortle.
Piter's deep blue eyes glazed over as he reflected on his plan to put the Beast Raban in power whilst simultaneously throwing down the Baron Harkonen, the Emperor, and Muad’Dib’s Fremen. It was easy enough to use his contacts on{on? try in the} Bene Tleilax to request an exact ghola of himself to die in his place before the Baron’s very eyes. So it wasn’t so difficult to ally himself with the Tleilaxu to request a Khwisatz Haderach whom he kept perpetually drugged in this former deep desert smuggler’s base. And now, Glossu Rabban standing before him would soon unleash a secret army to everyone’s surprise.
Tleilax is the name of the planet where the BT come from. You can have contacts ON Tleilax or IN the BT. English preposition usage is difficult for second-language learners; everybody makes mistakes. But this guy supposedly grew up in the States? :roll:

Does the underlined bit make any sense given the sentence preceding it?

The Harkonnen's never journeyed that far into the deep desert. Even the Fremen didn't live there, so why would smugglers hide out there? Stupid, as usual.

Ooh, a "secret army" about to be unleashed "to everyone's surprise"! :roll: I guess he learned the deus-ex-machina lesson, huh?

Why do they need a KH to prophesy for them if they've got spies among the Fremen.

Spies among the Fremen? Idiot. :laughing:
The little fuck never read Dune and thats obvious; only KJA's squirting efforts.
But enough, leave him for the psychiatrists that are interested in studying extreme cases of complete loss in mental capacities.
Last edited by Seraphan on 02 Jan 2009 20:10, edited 2 times in total.
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

By the way, I blame Kevin and Brian for most of the fanfic drivel over there on Dumb Novels.

The idiots dragging their knuckles about over there see how successful virtually talent-free hacks can sometimes be and it puts idears in their little heads.

Sad, really. :lol:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

it's been wondered aloud if KJA will rewrite Dune to retrofit his retrofits.
my point was, Arnie's doing it now : that's what it will read like.
maybe better editing and spelling and grammar, but maybe not.
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

SandRider wrote:it's been wondered aloud if KJA will rewrite Dune to retrofit his retrofits.
my point was, Arnie's doing it now : that's what it will read like.
maybe better editing and spelling and grammar, but maybe not.
I don't think they will re-write Dune as in publish a revised edition... But it is imaginable that they will re-visit events that take place actually in Dune at some point in the Heroes Quad.

Maybe Jessica's dark thing is something she lied about in Dune, and Irulan got wrong in Life of Muad'dib 1... :shock:
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -