Omphalos' Review of Dune, by Frank Herbert

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Yes, it will be interesting to see what Lord Byron and Lady Kim do.

Then again, Brian could linger like a bad smell.

(Just saw on WP's death list that Carol Chomsky, Noam's wife, got done in by the Big C last week. Close, Mr Death, but no cigar. Here's to hopin' the old prick actually cared for her enough that he follows within six months. I've been waiting to piss on his grave for 20 years. :twisted: )
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

you're baiting me, aren't you ?
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

SandChigger wrote:(Just saw on WP's death list that Carol Chomsky, Noam's wife, got done in by the Big C last week. Close, Mr Death, but no cigar. Here's to hopin' the old prick actually cared for her enough that he follows within six months. I've been waiting to piss on his grave for 20 years. :twisted: )
Who's he?
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Noam Chomsky? :shock:

Just an old mathematician who decided to stick his nose into Linguistics and turn it into a pseudoscience. He evidently also has some idears about politics but I've always figured that if his ideas about language are so fucked up, he can't have much of interest to say about anything else, either.

He's the king of hand-that-feeds-me-biters. But enough about him. ;)

('Rider...bait you? Me? :P )
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
trang

Post by trang »

posted over on TAU about how wonderful the review is. I already gave link to two friends who were deciding on reading Dune. My youngest daughter is a voracious reader like me (13 year old girl stuff at moment, Twilight, vampires, Fantasy, Anime) but she lips a good book from me in every so often. She is slowly working on Tolkien, and We discussed the first book of Dune today while out book shopping. I showed her the link for review to help her get a good grasp:)

Thanks Omph!!!

Trang
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."