Marcio Rocha Pereira

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

There are boards all over the place in other languages. This one is English. Seems a simple enough rule.

Besides, it's been my experience people always have a problem with languages they don't know, whether they speak one or many. I got a friend that speaks English, Spanish and French that acts like an activist for his "languages" and his "rights", always berating people that don't speak them and trying to get me to watch foreign films in those languages. But when I suggest a Japanese or German film, guess where his fashionable liberalism can be found: nowhere! :)
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:lol:

Typical.
Schu

Post by Schu »

Funny thing is that I kept on hearing people tell me to watch this hilarious film Airplane and had never heard of it. Little did I know that the Australian title is Flying High and it was one of my favourite-est movies already!

"have you ever been in a turkish prison?"
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

(I noticed that alternative title in the list. Any idea why they changed it? It's not common to change titles down there, is it?)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Schu

Post by Schu »

Nope, it's almost always the same as everywhere else. Very odd.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

They're always mangling the titles up here, so I'm used to it.

Btw, re Airplane, have you ever "experienced the literary version"?

(snicker :lol: )
Schu

Post by Schu »

Er... no... some subtext I'm not quite getting here?
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Evidently. ;)
Schu

Post by Schu »

I almost expect this to end with "well no, there isn't anything you missed, I just wanted it to sound like there was some weird innuendo I was using, haha!".

But I'll bite.

Literary version????
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:roll:

I was alluding to a statement made on another board where someone (whom I suspect of having a kielbasa up their bum) told you they had seen a certain movie but hadn't read the book it was based on, phrasing the latter in the above, decidedly odd, way.

Get it now?

Or should I spell it out for you with ... a nice chianti ... and some fava beans? Thphlpththtphthththtph! :P
Schu

Post by Schu »

Took me a while :) I'd forgotten about that.

(and personally, I think the person with the kielbasa up their bum was the one telling me that I was wrong to prefer the movie)
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I didn't notice that bit.

I can't remember if I've read Red Dragon, but I've read the others and seen all the movies. (Except the latest, "Young Lector" one. Pass. :roll: ) I liked the Hannibal book much better than the movie, and much better than the Silence book. LOVE the Silence movie; never pass up a chance to watch it, and have no idea how many times I've seen it (in full or from partway through)...more than thirty at least. :P
Schu

Post by Schu »

SandChigger wrote:(Except the latest, "Young Lector" one. Pass. :roll: )
Lucky. I had friends force me into watching it. At least I didn't have to pay for the dissatisfaction.
mrpsbrk

Re: Marcio Rocha Pereira

Post by mrpsbrk »

Well, i am about to start yet another topic in the Golden Path forum, so, for all of you who call me a troll and an attention whore, i offer:

faq.php#f6r0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (FAQ: Friends and Foes)

And i guess the link to make ME a foe is:

ucp.php?i=zebra&mode=foes&add=mrpsbrk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(but no guarantees on this one, please do it as the FAQ says...)

So you can stop pretending there is anyone that actually forces you to read what i write.
Marcio (mrpsbrk) does believe in Lord Leto over all other wills and reasons ;-)
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

what .... Jesus Christ Pose ?

I fucking hate the Jesus Christ Pose ..... :evil:
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

mrpsbrk wrote:blah ...
Oh, for fuck's sake ... posting to say you're about to post?

Get over yourself.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

We have a FAQ? :?
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
mrpsbrk

Post by mrpsbrk »

Freakzilla wrote:We have a FAQ? :?
It's a standard feature of phpBB, it seems, mostly about how to deal with the software. In my skin, it has a link just to the side of "logout".

I was looking at it to see if there was any rule against making a thread to attract attention, as that guy accused me of, and found none -- so i keep with my naive intention of splitting threads whenever i think that the topic in discussion could be better organized with a thread of itself. Sorry if this is considered trolling, i don't want to spoil anyone's forum, if i am doing it i apologize. I don't mind people disagreeing with me... But those people act like i am trying to conquer the forum or something.
Marcio (mrpsbrk) does believe in Lord Leto over all other wills and reasons ;-)
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Yawn?
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

mrpsbrk wrote:i keep with my naive intention of splitting threads whenever i think that the topic in discussion could be better organized with a thread of itself... But those people act like i am trying to conquer the forum or something.
Has anyone ever caught you masturbating while looking in the mirror, or do you usually lock the door?
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Say "lock the door"! Lock the door! :lol:
lotek

Post by lotek »

mrpsbrk wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:We have a FAQ? :?
It's a standard feature of phpBB, it seems, mostly about how to deal with the software. In my skin, it has a link just to the side of "logout".

I was looking at it to see if there was any rule against making a thread to attract attention, as that guy accused me of, and found none -- so i keep with my naive intention of splitting threads whenever i think that the topic in discussion could be better organized with a thread of itself. Sorry if this is considered trolling, i don't want to spoil anyone's forum, if i am doing it i apologize. I don't mind people disagreeing with me... But those people act like i am trying to conquer the forum or something.

two reactions/

1) Wot the feck?
2) :lol:
jesus wrote:I was looking at it to see if there was any rule against making a thread to attract attention, as that guy accused me of, and found none
that's because shame would stop most people considering doing what you do, so no one thought there was a need for a rule...
Evidently some people have no shame!
Spice is the worm's gonads.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

mrpsbrk wrote:I was looking at it to see if there was any rule against making a thread to attract attention, as that guy accused me of, and found none ...
I accused you of nothing, genius.

What I did do was imply that you are an attention-seeking poseur.

Start 10,000 threads for all I care; in about 30 seconds, you'll be on my Foe List until the end of time.

Have a super life. One last piece of advice: try just reading the words that are there on the paper.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

meh.

he reads this board like he reads Frank's books ....

you "accused" him of being a preteen attention-whore,
I said we should have a "This Tall to Start Thread" rule ...

Frank woulda had a ball with this guy; listen to him run his head for awhile,
use his ideas for a Saul-of-Tarsus character, demonstrating how an over-inflated
sense of intellect could read a book once, turn it into a religion, and get the
most basic facts & ideas totally wrong ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

mrpsbrk wrote:So you can stop pretending there is anyone that actually forces you to read what i write.
Don't get snarky. The reason people are getting a bit fed up is that you're raising ideas that are either flatly contradicted by the books, or, at best, not at all supported by them and therefore wildly speculative.

When people reply to your posts saying that, your tendency has been to change what you're saying in a way that makes it more difficult to understand what your point is, or to maintain that the way you see things must be true anyway. We want to discuss Dune here, but most people lose patience when the discussion goes nowhere fast, or goes round in circles.

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks