New PoD-Cast on Hairy Ticks!!!

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Serkanner
Administrator

Re: Scan finished!

Post by Serkanner »

Freakzilla wrote:
Frybread wrote:I'm pissed. I will now not read any more books by KJA and BH and will trash the ones I have already purchased!!!!!!
I decided around this time last year that it would be best for my sanity if I left it up to others to do the dirty work of reading this pulp crap. Sandchigger seems to thrive on it. I think his body heat comes from hating KJA.
Perhaps we should bottle it and use it to solve the oil crisis.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
Frybread

Re: Scan finished!

Post by Frybread »

Freakzilla wrote:
Frybread wrote:I'm pissed. I will now not read any more books by KJA and BH and will trash the ones I have already purchased!!!!!!
I decided around this time last year that it would be best for my sanity if I left it up to others to do the dirty work of reading this pulp crap. Sandchigger seems to thrive on it. I think his body heat comes from hating KJA.
You know, I was going to give PoD a chance, if it was going to focus on the story inbetween Dune and DM. But that asshat KJA just had to include his own worthless character into the storyline!

But, according to Star Wars fans, this is what he does. KJA's writing includes trying to out-do the universe he is writing within. I equate his Dune crap with the superweapon he invented in his Star Wars novels that was BIGGER and BADDER than the original Death Star!
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Oh no. Im reading the fucker. I cant wait to start ranting. Man, that is good for the heart!

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Omphalos wrote:Oh no. Im reading the fucker. I cant wait to start ranting. Man, that is good for the heart!
I'm out. After reading and immediately regretting reading Sadworms, I don't think I could survive another one.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

But ... but ... it's supposed to be made out of pure awesomeness. It says so right here:

http://www.dunenovels.com/phpBB2/viewto ... ght=#60473

I think you guys are just big meanies ...
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:I'm out. After reading and immediately regretting reading Sadworms, I don't think I could survive another one.
I'm out, too. I've had enough of giving KJA/BH the benefit of the doubt. Life's too short to waste time on a book that will just make me sad and angry.

HBJ
Lisan Al-Gaib

Post by Lisan Al-Gaib »

Hunchback Jack wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:I'm out. After reading and immediately regretting reading Sadworms, I don't think I could survive another one.
I'm out, too. I've had enough of giving KJA/BH the benefit of the doubt. Life's too short to waste time on a book that will just make me sad and angry.

HBJ
I'm satisfied to only read the House series (I will edit all of them). I don't have any desire to read about the terminator's books, I mean Butlerian Jihad, or the KH-Duncan and his friend gholas.
The singular multiplicity of this universe draws my deepest attention. It is a thing of ultimate beauty.

-- The Stolen Journals

leagued

Post by leagued »

Does the usage of the term "Oracle" in PoD actually refer to Cenva? FH uses the term (capitalized and everything) multiple times in DM in reference to Paul, Alia (as well as Sibyl) and even Navigators I think.
LeagueD
Frybread

Post by Frybread »

Lisan Al-Gaib wrote:
Hunchback Jack wrote:

HBJ
I'm satisfied to only read the House series (I will edit all of them). I don't have any desire to read about the terminator's books, I mean Butlerian Jihad, or the KH-Duncan and his friend gholas.
I'm going to jettison all of my KJA/BH books. I was never really impressed with the House series or the Legends series, and I found Hunters and Sandworms to be complete pieces of crap.

And I will never read or by the Heroes series. To me, Dune will always be just FH's works.
Lisan Al-Gaib

Post by Lisan Al-Gaib »

Frybread wrote:
Lisan Al-Gaib wrote:
Hunchback Jack wrote:

HBJ
I'm going to jettison all of my KJA/BH books. I was never really impressed with the House series or the Legends series, and I found Hunters and Sandworms to be complete pieces of crap.

And I will never read or by the Heroes series. To me, Dune will always be just FH's works.
I agree with you. I'm not proud to have read the House series.
I suffer a lot seeing many mistakes in each page.
The singular multiplicity of this universe draws my deepest attention. It is a thing of ultimate beauty.

-- The Stolen Journals

Frybread

Post by Frybread »

Lisan Al-Gaib wrote:
Frybread wrote:
Lisan Al-Gaib wrote:
Hunchback Jack wrote:

HBJ

I agree with you. I'm not proud to have read the House series.
I suffer a lot seeing many mistakes in each page.
Well, the last straw for me was the Paul of Dune excerpt in which KJA has Paul have a vision/memory of Serena Butplug. I'm tired of how KJA tries to insert his characters and ideas into Dune. After reading that I'm not going to read any more of his hijacking of FH's work!
Lisan Al-Gaib

Post by Lisan Al-Gaib »

I was expecting at least he would make a book only about the Jihad battles in the Imperium, and Paul watching them, or something like that. I could read the book if would be only that.

But, no. He have to insert his fucking characters, disfigure Muad'dib and his visions and his intentions.

I lost all my pacience with that guy. I'm running from every SF universe he put his hands. Seriously. I'm reading the first book of Thrawn trilogy in SW EU, and when I discovery that KJA wrote so many books on it, and make essential part of EU, I loose my erection.

My hobbies can't coexist with KJA existence.

-- The Stolen Journals

Secher_Nbiw

Post by Secher_Nbiw »

leagued wrote:Does the usage of the term "Oracle" in PoD actually refer to Cenva? FH uses the term (capitalized and everything) multiple times in DM in reference to Paul, Alia (as well as Sibyl) and even Navigators I think.
The Oracle in PoD and the prequels/sequels is used to reference the Normacle. Oracle is used to desceribe the prescient person, as in 'the oracle is trapped by his vision'.

at least i think so.
I am a mortal god.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

The problem is that KJA is an attention whore, he is so sick that he needs to be remembered like an equal to Asimov, Herbert, Clarke or Bradbury.

I read some of his work in the SW universe and read the 6 prequels and Hunters and Sandworms, and there is one thing that is common to both.

He need to create a story that covers thousands and thousands of year, he want to create mega saga like Foundation...and in its core Foundation is very similar to Dune...keep reading :D

As like some of you know, The first book (foundation) was really 3 stories publicated in some sci-fi magazine, later it was made into one book (hint, hint) of course 40 years later no one remembers that thing and everyone thinks that it was written like one book.
Many, many years later Asimov closed the saga tieing the Robots Era, with the Elijah Baley saga, the Early Empire saga and the Foundation books, altough those books weren't that perfect like the orginals, they blend very well in the masterpiece he created, a saga of like 20 books with a story that covers from now to 30000 years in the future.

KJA wants to do te same, in 10 years there will be like 5 or 6 more Dune books, maybe ''Harum of Dune'', ''Agamemmnon of Dune'', ''The last granddaughter of Duncan Idaho the Kwisatz HAderach of Dune'', etc.

The only difference is that will be a mismash of crap he will fill the new Dune books with the info necessary, so if anyone choose, wont have the need to read the 6 original ones, everything will be explained in these new books (prequels, inquels, sequels, etc.)

The worst thing, in 15 years or 20 when asked in a library about the saga Dune this will be answered:

''Yes, that saga is like 30 books written by KJA and BH and containing 6 books in the middle written by FH, father of BH, if you want them start reading this one ''Harum of Dune'', i suggest reading them in chronological order''

The fuckers will dilute FH's work raping his universe and adding his work as a mere foot note.
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

But, no. He have to insert his fucking characters, disfigure Muad'dib and his visions and his intentions.
Seriously, i dont know if that fucker does it on purpose or if it's his idea of brilliant writting :roll: . Either way i wouldnt give two inches of a dead dog's cock for his writting.
And i just saw that link to DN that the Dukester posted and immediatley laughed at Byron's talk: "I'm reading an ARC copy of Paul of Dune, and I think it's the best thing Brian and KJA have written. Amazing!"
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! My god i still cant believe he actually said that! :laughing:
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood
Purge

Post by Purge »

It seems I am banned, or at least my IP is. I guess Byron didn't like me asking how much he was getting paid to slurp PoD.
Frybread

Post by Frybread »

Seraphan wrote:
Seriously, i dont know if that fucker does it on purpose or if it's his idea of brilliant writting :roll: . Either way i wouldnt give two inches of a dead dog's cock for his writting.
And i just saw that link to DN that the Dukester posted and immediatley laughed at Byron's talk: "I'm reading an ARC copy of Paul of Dune, and I think it's the best thing Brian and KJA have written. Amazing!"
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! My god i still cant believe he actually said that! :laughing:
Byron has sold his soul to Satan/KJA.
Frybread

Post by Frybread »

Purge wrote:It seems I am banned, or at least my IP is. I guess Byron didn't like me asking how much he was getting paid to slurp PoD.
No big deal. If you want to get back on DN, just Google ways to use Anonymous Proxy Servers and make a new account.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Frybread wrote:
Purge wrote:It seems I am banned, or at least my IP is. I guess Byron didn't like me asking how much he was getting paid to slurp PoD.
No big deal. If you want to get back on DN, just Google ways to use Anonymous Proxy Servers and make a new account.
I'm suprised my "Our Worst Fears Have Come True..." topic hasn't been deleted.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Frybread

Post by Frybread »

Freakzilla wrote:
Frybread wrote:
I agree. I'm waiting for Byron to crack and perform another purge of any user who does not fully support (aka give glowing praise of) PoD.
Lisan Al-Gaib

Post by Lisan Al-Gaib »

Freakzilla wrote:
Frybread wrote:
I think Byron only wants you to make the counterpoint in the DN discussion.
to appears that your are the only smart guy that criticize their work with intelligence.

-- The Stolen Journals

Lisan Al-Gaib

Post by Lisan Al-Gaib »

Frybread wrote:
How I exactly do that?

-- The Stolen Journals

Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Lisan Al-Gaib wrote:
Frybread wrote:
How I exactly do that?
Make use of one of the proxy servers listed on this site.

http://www.tech-faq.com/new-proxies.shtml
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Secher_Nbiw wrote:
leagued wrote:Does the usage of the term "Oracle" in PoD actually refer to Cenva? FH uses the term (capitalized and everything) multiple times in DM in reference to Paul, Alia (as well as Sibyl) and even Navigators I think.
The Oracle in PoD and the prequels/sequels is used to reference the Normacle. Oracle is used to desceribe the prescient person, as in 'the oracle is trapped by his vision'.

at least i think so.
Absolutely correct, what KJA is referring to here is obviously the Oracle (of time) as opposed to the way that FH used the term, meaning any prescient.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Freakzilla wrote:I'm suprised my "Our Worst Fears Have Come True..." topic hasn't been deleted.
It's pretty much been toasted now. :roll:

Orders probably came down from KJA:

KJA: "Byron, delete those comments now!"
Byron: "Yes, sir! Right away, sir!"
KJA: "We'll talk about this at your next performance evaluation ... "
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.