Heroes of Dune predictions: What are you betting on?

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

orald wrote:Kevin could really do well by teaming up with Terry Goodkind. Seriously.
Ouch! Goodkind's not that bad that he deserves to be compared to KJA! (yes he did forget that he was writing novels for about 5 books, and went on a 6000 page whining session about communists and pacifists) He wrote a decent book once. May even write another one when he's done kicking the dead horse that is the sword of truth series.
orald

Post by orald »

I'll mention it again- Terry Goodkind is the best comedy writer ever! :D

I giggled all through the "horrible" torture sequence that guy(dang, I forgot the name of the hero...Richard?) in the 1st SoT book.
I mean, c'mon, you dress them like dominitrixes and expect anyone to stay with a straight face? :lol:

It's a pity, some of the ideas had a bit of niceness to them.
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Another prediction here:

We'll have to see something with Bronso of IX. I wouldn't be surprised if he played a fairly substantial role, just so when we read the sequel to Paul of Dune (Dune Messiah), his questioning will really hit us hard.

Maybe he's Rhombur's clone or something.
Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

Who wants to bet they turn Paul back into a hero...by seeing the Golden Path, but seeing that it fails.

I've been thinking about this. If it's true that Leto II failed, and that FH was going to have the GP fail all along, that means that Paul really was a hero, because he wasn't willing to subject humanity to all that tyranny, while his son was just an evil bastard, willing to do anything for his personal vision. Basically, if you vilify Leto, you're turning Paul back into a hero.

Which he isn't. But it's what KJA desperately wants.
You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Phaedrus wrote:Who wants to bet they turn Paul back into a hero...by seeing the Golden Path, but seeing that it fails.

I've been thinking about this. If it's true that Leto II failed, and that FH was going to have the GP fail all along, that means that Paul really was a hero, because he wasn't willing to subject humanity to all that tyranny, while his son was just an evil bastard, willing to do anything for his personal vision. Basically, if you vilify Leto, you're turning Paul back into a hero.

That's a distrubingly possible thought. I've been laughing at the title of the series, wondering what they're thinking - those people are heroes? Maybe LetoII for taking the hard road, but not the other three.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Oh shit....
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

Oh, shit.

Mohiam's still alive! One of their favorite characters.

Expect her to explain why Paul mating with Chani will lead to a mutant Kwisatz Haderach that will have messed up visions.
You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.
Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

bryanvdk wrote:
Phaedrus wrote:Who wants to bet they turn Paul back into a hero...by seeing the Golden Path, but seeing that it fails.

sonofabitch. it's twisting like that that they could use to justify their shitty ass sequels and these new interquels. it means that there were gaps to fill, it means they'll have free rein to write a scattering series to explain how their new alternate dune universe is the real one.

i'm scared.
Yeah, I like how I'm better at this than a certain person whose job it is...

Maybe I should offer my services to the HLP? :lol:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

BITE YOUR TONGUE.

Or maybe we should have Orald do it.... :twisted:
Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

SandChigger wrote:BITE YOUR TONGUE.

:puke:

IT WAS ONLY A JOKE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!
Tleilax Master B

Post by Tleilax Master B »

:cry: This makes me very sad. I'm despondent because this very much sounds like an angle they would take. :cry:
orald

Post by orald »

SandChigger wrote:BITE YOUR TONGUE.

Just ask Biter to do it.

Oh yea, you still need to read ASoIaF... :)

If they villify God Leto to make Paul the unquestioned hero, what will they do in Leto of Dune then? They must have a hero, right? What will they do, make him try to make it succeed "anyway" as his "redeeming" quality?

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Yes, because today JUST TRYING is admirable and praiseworthy in and of itself.

As long as you LOVE what you're trying to do.

Leto's love for humankind (with plenty of emphasis on the fact that he can no longer PHYSICALLY love anyone...no, no sexin' 'em for Wormboy) will be what redeems him of the sins of his tyranny by sanctifying his EFFORT.

Ewrk...I made myself slighly ill just typing that. :(
orald

Post by orald »

SandChigger wrote:Leto's love for humankind (with plenty of emphasis on the fact that he can no longer PHYSICALLY love anyone...no, no sexin' 'em for Wormboy) will be what redeems him of the sins of his tyranny by sanctifying his EFFORT.
You know he was just lying about that part, right?

I mean, it's right there in GEoD, he admits to sometimes lying, it's obvious he lied about that. Well, that and the whole GP thing, he was really after the power and ruling after all.

Why else make a whole female-only army?

sparafucile

Post by sparafucile »

I was just thinking of this yesterday!

I bet that there will be a big side plot involving the Tleilaxu and their quest to make a ghola that will kill Paul. It will involve one (or both!) of the following:

- Bringing back and experimenting on gholas of Leto, Gurney, Thufir, Jessica (a 'clone' I suppose), Liet-Kynes, Baron, Feyd, Rabban, Paul's first child or other notable figures who died.
- A lone Tleilaxu will find the secret to recovering lost memories but die before he can share his knowledge.

Basically I can see them milking the Tleilaxu presence and agenda for all that it's worth.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

sparafucile wrote:I was just thinking of this yesterday!

I bet that there will be a big side plot involving the Tleilaxu and their quest to make a ghola that will kill Paul. It will involve one (or both!) of the following:

- Bringing back and experimenting on gholas of Leto, Gurney, Thufir, Jessica (a 'clone' I suppose), Liet-Kynes, Baron, Feyd, Rabban, Paul's first child or other notable figures who died.
- A lone Tleilaxu will find the secret to recovering lost memories but die before he can share his knowledge.

Basically I can see them milking the Tleilaxu presence and agenda for all that it's worth.
Don't forget "artificial" spice!
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

I weep for the Duniverse created by Frank Herbert and his wife Beverly :cry:
B&K (aka fucktards :evil: sorry folks it's hard not to get angry at this) are going to release 4 books thick enough to kill goats with and they will be filled with plot content to justify and canonize their prequel and sequel novels :tissue2: . Please, a moment of silence for the original novels...
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Mohaim tries to (or actually does) fuck Paul. She mind-wipes him, or takes the form of Chani and he thinks he's having a wet-vision.

The child born as a result ends up being one of Leto II's love interests but with his juices locked in he gives up on the physical relationship and forbids interplanetary travel as a way to break up with her.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
orald

Post by orald »

Nekhrun wrote:Mohaim tries to (or actually does) fuck Paul. She mind-wipes him, or takes the form of Chani and he thinks he's having a wet-vision.

The child born as a result ends up being one of Leto II's love interests but with his juices locked in he gives up on the physical relationship and forbids interplanetary travel as a way to break up with her.
That explains EVERYTHING!!!

Gee, I'm so fortunate of living in the same geological age as you! :mrgreen:

Can I get one of your pubic hairs to hang on my wall next to my Tom Cruise autograph of Battlefield Earth?

Which does bring me to wonder- how come the midget didn't get any role to play in Battlefield Earth alongside his buddy Travolta?

Secher_Nbiw

Post by Secher_Nbiw »

my prediction for these books is that the Hacks will try and create a crisis or twelve that will throw the preceeding and succeeding books out of synch, while trying to push the originals out of canon to be replaced with these incorigable pieces of dire tripe.
I am a mortal god.
orald

Post by orald »

Secher_Nbiw wrote:while trying to push the originals out of canon to be replaced with these incorigable pieces of dire tripe.
*Looks at a 3.5 ed. book* Hmmm, is that one new to 4th edition? :?

The Sons of Idaho

Post by The Sons of Idaho »

orald wrote:
Secher_Nbiw wrote:while trying to push the originals out of canon to be replaced with these incorigable pieces of dire tripe.
*Looks at a 3.5 ed. book* Hmmm, is that one new to 4th edition? :?
Sounds about right from what i've seen of 4th ed.

No core Druid... FOR SHAME!
How simple things were when our messiah was only a dream...
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Damn, is Nekhrun good or what?
Nekhrun wrote:Another prediction here:

We'll have to see something with Bronso of IX. I wouldn't be surprised if he played a fairly substantial role, just so when we read the sequel to Paul of Dune (Dune Messiah), his questioning will really hit us hard.

Maybe he's Rhombur's clone or something.
He shows up in the third chapter of Part IV (a "Young Paul" bit) and he is Rhombur's son. The Vernius lot were on Caladan for the wedding slice-n-dice.

D'uh. I didn't even make the connection until I read a post by mascara-something over on Dumb Novels. :oops:
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

I predict a 5th novel, "Wandra of Dune" the story of a maladjusted prostitute of the empirium who causes her clients to climax thunderously and whose name is constantly being mispronounced.
And in Europe these novels will be published as a tome and will be called "The Thing that came from Chernobyl".
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood