Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Byron.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Thanks, Ghost.

I was pretty sure it was him.

Comment had the fecal reek of someone who has just crawled out of an ass to make it.
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

:D
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

:laughing:
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Not bad :lol:

And the best part...everyone will be asking who the hell the guy on the right is :lol: :D
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

QTF, GP?
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

GamePlayer wrote:Not bad :lol:

And the best part...everyone will be asking who the hell the guy on the right is :lol: :D
:twisted: Hell yes...you could replace KJA by the Other guy... :P
Laphtiya

Post by Laphtiya »

Rakis wrote:
GamePlayer wrote:Not bad :lol:

:twisted: Hell yes...you could replace KJA by the Other guy... :P
LOL when I first saw that picture I actually DID say "who the hell is the other guy?" Until I realised who it was, but then I corrected myself with "He isn't worth remembering"
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

SandChigger wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

QTF, GP?
Naturally :)
Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

lucas needs taken off that list .... he is a god and responsible for how great special effects are in modern movies..he is THE greatest pioneer in film history.... just cause people hate episodes 1 thru 3 doesnt mean he needs put in a pic with a brainless cunt and ....well.....another brainless cunt (i guess he'd be a hairless cunt too huh)
Your friendly neighborhood Tyrant!!!
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Tyrant wrote:(i guess he'd be a hairless cunt too huh)
Nice! :lol:

I think you give Lucas too much credit for his special effects. Sure they were great but were any of his methods original?

Check out his shirt in this pic:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Kelly_and_George.jpg
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

Freakzilla wrote:

I think you give Lucas too much credit for his special effects. Sure they were great but were any of his methods original?

too much credit?...there isnt a big movie or video game made these days without one of his companies (skywalker sound, Industrial light and magic)....he has his hand in all the pies ...and for good reason
Your friendly neighborhood Tyrant!!!
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Tyrant wrote:... he is a god ...
WAS, maybe. Once had the potential to be a god.

But, no, two great movies (American Graffiti and Star Wars) and one-half of one great idea (Indiana Jones) do not qualify anyone for godhood.

I guess ILM is worth a few points, but, honestly, the OVER-emphasis on special effects ruins most movies for me.

Actually, the smartest thing Lucas ever did was take over merchandising rights in his contract with Fox for Star Wars. I'd argue that George's influence on merchandising, rather than effects, will be his enduring legacy.

But, post-Star Wars? The guy is as big of a hack as KJA.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

TheDukester wrote:Actually, the smartest thing Lucas ever did was take over merchandising rights in his contract with Fox for Star Wars. I'd argue that George's influence on merchandising, rather than effects, will be his enduring legacy.
Definately.

But don't get me wrong, I was a Star Wars kid and I love him for creating it.

Lucas didn't create CGI. Star Wars was the third movie to use CGI, preceeded by Westworld and Futureworld. Sure, he honed it to a fine edge but like I said, I don't think his effects were groundbreaking for their methods, just their quality.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

Freakzilla wrote:

Yeah I've seen that one. What a prick. WHICH IS IT, GEORGE?!

George Lucas is a better suited as a producer, rather than a director. I think his best film (as far as good directing goes) is American Graffiti. Little to no flaws in that one, mostly due to a top-notch cast. But other than that, he fails consistently at writing dialogue and getting actors to act. Now, he's pulling storylines out of his ass for this new Clone Wars project (totally redundant, by the way) and his entire franchise is losing integrity, IMO. That's why I included him.
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

Freakzilla wrote:
TheDukester wrote:Actually, the smartest thing Lucas ever did was take over merchandising rights in his contract with Fox for Star Wars. I'd argue that George's influence on merchandising, rather than effects, will be his enduring legacy.
Definately.

Lucas didn't create CGI. Star Wars was the third movie to use CGI, preceeded by Westworld and Futureworld. Sure, he honed it to a fine edge but like I said, I don't think his effects were groundbreaking for their methods, just their quality.
Where is there CGI in Star Wars? You're talking about A New Hope, right?
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Drunken Idaho wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
Definately.

Where is there CGI in Star Wars? You're talking about A New Hope, right?
For the scenes with the wireframe Death Star plans and the targeting computers in the X-Wings and the Millennium Falcon.
~Pink Snowman
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Freakzilla wrote:Lucas didn't create CGI. Star Wars was the third movie to use CGI, preceeded by Westworld and Futureworld.
I didn't know what, I'd never have guessed at Westworld. Don't know why but I made in the back of my mind the Dune 84 flick was ground breaking.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

inhuien wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:Lucas didn't create CGI. Star Wars was the third movie to use CGI, preceeded by Westworld and Futureworld.
I didn't know what, I'd never have guessed at Westworld. Don't know why but I made in the back of my mind the Dune 84 flick was ground breaking.
Tron comes to mind...
~Pink Snowman
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Post-TPM Lucas has been demonized in the extreme and I'm sad to say most of it has come from the mouths of nostalgic fans crying about their childhoods being raped. I've long since tired of trying to engage the hatred with any sense of intelligence. I'd have better luck talking meat among the vegetarians.

Lucas' place in film history is unassailable every bit as much as Spielberg or Coppola, Brando or Taylor, Scorsese or Eastwood. Lucas is no Kubrick, but neither is anyone else. As a film fan, I cannot exclude Lucas from his place and importance in film anymore than I can Tarantino, as much as I would love to, since I hate "QT's" films (yes, I'm pulling a Byron). :)
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

How can you hate Reservoir Dogs?

Oh, speaking of CGI, let us not forget The Last Starfighter.
~Pink Snowman
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Freakzilla wrote:How can you hate Reservoir Dogs?
Don't even get me started :)
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

GamePlayer wrote:... has come from the mouths of nostalgic fans crying about their childhoods being raped.
Totally playing devil's advocate here, but I think it's interesting:

Replace "their childhoods" with "the Dune legacy" and you've got a picture of how many preeks and casual Dune fans view the OH movement.

I'm just sayin' ...
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

TheDukester wrote:
GamePlayer wrote:... has come from the mouths of nostalgic fans crying about their childhoods being raped.

Replace "their childhoods" with "the Dune legacy" and you've got a picture of how many preeks and casual Dune fans view the OH movement.

I'm just sayin' ...
Yeah that's probably how they see us.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

TheDukester wrote:

I'm just sayin' ...
Look at the shirt Lucas is wearing in that link I posted earlier. It says, "HAN SHOT FIRST".

That bastard!

:lol:

I liked most of the additions to the original trilogy, with the exception of Greedo shooting first. However I was VERY pissed when they were released on DVD with ONLY the edited versions. I still want the option of watching the unedited versions.
~Pink Snowman