Upcoming movies you aren't looking forward to

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Tleszer

Re: Upcoming movies you aren't looking forward to

Post by Tleszer »

What movie are you guys talking about? The image doesn't appear for me and apparently I don't have permission to access the server.

Was I bad? Please don't make me stand in the corner! I'll be good... really...
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Tleszer wrote:What movie are you guys talking about? The image doesn't appear for me and apparently I don't have permission to access the server.

Was I bad? Please don't make me stand in the corner! I'll be good... really...
Cowboys vs Aliens. I couldn't see the pic either I just quoted the text to see the link.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Some of the native family from Mescalero are in it.

Rob
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Really? Doubly cool. :D
Tleszer wrote:Please don't make me stand in the corner!
Don't worry, we learned our lesson about trying THAT the last time. :doh: :puke:
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Boondock Saints 3
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

SandRider wrote:Boondock Saints 3
:text-+1:
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

‘The Three Stooges’ begins filming in Atlanta area

By Yahoo! Local yahoo! Local – Tue May 10, 1:49 pm ET
Mike Benzie, Yahoo! Atlanta Editor

Seems that lately in Atlanta, when one movie set breaks down, another starts filming. This week, it's another Farrelly Brothers' film that's set up shop. "The Three Stooges" began filming in Cartersville Monday and will be filming here through July 5, according to the Georgia Department of Economic Development.

The film, slated for a 2012 release, will also shoot in Atlanta, Roswell, and Stone Mountain. On Locations Vacations reported Monday that the Cartersville shoot is at an old plantation.

The movie stars Sofia Vergara, Jane Lynch, Larry Howard, and Richard Jenkins, according to the Internet Movie Database. Chris Diamantopoulos will play Moe, Sean Hayes will play Larry, and Will Sasso will play Curly.

"The Three Stooges" movie is set to be a fictional (and PG-rated) comedy — not a bio-pic of the original actors, according to January Entertainment Weekly interview with director Peter Farrelly. "It's 'The Three Stooges' just like the [old shorts]," Farrelly told EW. "They're going to look the same, dress the same, sound the same, act the same, with the same sound effects." EW reported the film would be structured in three separate acts that are loosely connected.

Georgia has ramped up its Hollywood presence significantly since tax incentives were given to production companies in 2008. The Georgia Department of Economic Development reported a state economic impact of $240 million from July 2006-June 2007, according to Lee Thomas, director of Georgia's film, music and digital entertainment office. That impact rose to $1.6 billion for the fiscal year ending in June 2010.

"We think this year will be a bigger year than last year," Thomas said.

Recent hits that filmed here include "Fast Five" and "The Blind Side." Georgia-filmed movies that will release soon include "X-Men: First Class" (see trailer below), "The Change-Up," and the "Footloose" remake.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_localatl/ ... lanta-area" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

I seen Thor yesterday (great show, by the way) and in the adverts that went on way too long they showed a trailer for a(nother) remake of The Three Musketeers. :roll:
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

I don't think there can ever be too many Musketeers movies... I mean, I'm not going to watch any of them, but by all means keep making them, good for the economy or something like that.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

You haven't lived until you've seen Barbie and the Three Musketeers.

~Pink Snowman
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

I don't know what to think about that. It's just so ... odd.

And that castle is pink.

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
JustSomeGuy

Post by JustSomeGuy »

Is it like... is it sexy?
I bring nothing to the table.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Hunchback Jack wrote:I don't know what to think about that. It's just so ... odd.

And that castle is pink.

HBJ
You should see the animation, it creeps me out.
~Pink Snowman
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

No, that castle is lavender.

Is it just me or is the cat musketeer a complete lifting of puss and boots from Shrek. Not stolen, not a rip-off, its literally the same exact thing. Almost like Jack in Mass Effect 2. (She's literally more of a rip-off of Riddick than if you actually had Riddick in the game.)

I've given up looking forward to movies. I now look forward to facepalms.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Antonio Banderas, Salma Hayek Bring 'Puss in Boots' to France (Cannes)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/risky- ... ing-187435" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In 3D, no less.
~Pink Snowman
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

Ampoliros wrote:Almost like Jack in Mass Effect 2. (She's literally more of a rip-off of Riddick than if you actually had Riddick in the game.)
Interesting, I wouldn't have thought of that.
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Oh man, don't get me started. You know how I love to rant about bullshit.
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Freakzilla wrote:Antonio Banderas, Salma Hayek Bring 'Puss in Boots' to France (Cannes)
Salma Hayek doing voiceover work? I'd rather see her in a live-action movie.

I mean, she has a nice voice, but she has a *great* set of lungs.

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Hunchback Jack wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:Antonio Banderas, Salma Hayek Bring 'Puss in Boots' to France (Cannes)
Salma Hayek doing voiceover work? I'd rather see her in a live-action movie.

I mean, she has a nice voice, but she has a *great* set of lungs.

HBJ
"Hunchback Jack horny, Michael."
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

It's that green tushie. I can't help it.

HBJ
- Carl Sagan

- Iain Banks
nistle2

Post by nistle2 »

I'm at the same time excited for and nervous about X-Men First Class. I grew up heavy on the X-Men but after Ratner's Last Stand and Origins: Wolverine I can't take another X-Men fuck up.

And my girlfriend is making me see Something Borrowed this weekend so you could say I'm not looking forward to that one, yeah.
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

Ampoliros wrote:Oh man, don't get me started. You know how I love to rant about bullshit.
"Amp's Mass Effect notes" :)

Can't wait for Mass Effect 3.
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Well my Mass Effect notes would go something like this

AWESOME!

Okay, now go recruit Jack
Eh, I like my team so far, can't I skip the one that's in Prison?
BIOWARE: YOU CANNOT, YOU MUST GET JACK TO PROGRESS.

Hey, all the characters so far have been top notch, and there is another one? sweet! do-de-do-dee doo

Warden: Yeah Jack so bad we keep Jack on ice. Prisoner: Take me with you...wait, you're with Jack...nevermind!

Shepard: Wow, Jack must kick ass!

<Cutscene> Angry Tattoo Naked Baby gets unfrozen. 3 Heavy Mechs look on. Angry Tattoo Naked Baby gives a feral scream and smashes one on screen, and two off screen.

Shepard: Wow, Jack DOES kick ass, even if she looks like an Angry Tattoo Naked Baby.

Jack: I'll join your party, because I'm just that badass. You need me.
Shepard: Right....
Jack: I'ma gonna blow up your ship if you give me crap. I want full access to the computer.

So I just decided to role-play that out in my head:

Shepard: You're threatening the entire ship if I don't bend over? Right: here's your new quarters, the Airlock. Just hit this button and wait for the alarm to go off to access the computer.

BIOWARE: JACK WILL LIVE DOWN IN ENGINEERING, YOU CAN'T FLUSH HER OUT THE AIRLOCK.

Jack:My life is hard, that's why I'm so tough.
Shepard:O really? My life was hard,I grew up as an orphan on the streets and was the sole survivor of a massacre and saved the galaxy before I died and came back.
Jack: My life is harder. I live hard, so you won't have too. Don't push me, I'm tough. And to prove it, I drop a lot of F-bombs around everyone. Cause I'm that badass.
Shepard: Ship rules, you have to wear a shirt.
Jack: What did you just say to me?
Shepard: Ship rules, you have to wear a shirt, bitch.
Jack: Don't push me, I'm badass.
Shepard: Whatever. I'm totally quaking here.
Jack: Whatever. I'm badass.

MISSION!
Shepard: Oh crap, 3 Heavy Mechs! Jack, do your stuff.
Jack: I Caaaaaan't. My life is hard! I'm too badass to use that skill anyway.
Shepard: Oh, so you are useless, whiny, bitchy, an emotional wreck, and the second most powerful biotic on the ship.
Jack: No! I'm the most powerful! My life was hard to make me the most badass!
Shepard: Bitch, you might be the loudest biotic, and the strongest, but Samara can kick your ass, because she can control her powers.

So I'm forced to deal with this emo bitch who isn't even worth her weight in the job she's meant to fill.
Let's break Jack down.

1) You don't have to play Mass Effect, just go watch the Riddick movies. Hey, there's a Jack in those!
Copy and paste. Then shave her head, and cover her in tattoos.
Prison? check
Female? check
Hard youth? check
Ultra-killer? check. Supposedly. Cause the movie Jack is emulating Riddick, who is a hard, cold killer. ME2 Jack is emulating movie Jack. Sort of. Movie Jack accomplishes some goals and doesn't complain about her life. ME2 Jack bitches constantly about how hard her life has been.

AND NOW A MESSAGE FROM DEVIL'S ADVOCATE: Jack is the most complex character in the series. How through her relationship with Shepard she transforms from a hardened feral badass into a wounded child, someone who is vulnerable and fights against that vulnerability at every turn. In her loyalty mission you see this front and center.

Jack is feral. No, Jack fakes feral.
Jack is emotionally wounded No, Jack is EMO. She cries about how hard her life is when everyone on the crew has something fucked up about them. Her biggest rival is Miranda, who also happens to be a genetically enhanced bitch. Oh, but Miranda doesn't complain about it all the time or threaten anyone else's life for getting in her face.

It's because she's so dominated by anger, especially the hidden undercurrent of how "hard" her young life was. She knows from the beginning that as hard as her life was, the other children at that facility had it much worse. They were tortured and killed to make her stronger. You see that front and center when you go there. Then, on the way out, she nonchalantly decides to almost kill you all in a fuck it, I'm so bad I might suicide attempt.

I liked to personally role-play that out two ways.
One, when she's flicking the remote open and shut, my femshepard bitch slapped her and took the remote. "You don't have to 'play' hard with us. Blow it or don't, but don't 'act' in my face again or I'll fucking use you to ferment the septic system."

Two, she activates the detonator while you are in range, almost crashing the shuttle. I just put a round between her eyes right there.

Jack isn't complex. Jack was put in the game so all the 12-13 year olds who got past the M rating could have a character to cream themselves over. "she swears! She's naked! she has tatooooos! she's FOMGBADASS!" No, she's a worthless cookiee cutter piece of shit who ranks right below Marie Fenring on the list of "Females I would kill if I met in real life, because prison would be a better alternative than living in the same existence as them."

Now hey, every character in the game is a little bit cliche. But Jack actually pulls off being practically KJA level cliche so much that I feel the need to rant about it in the wrong thread in probably the most tl;dr post I've put on this forum. I say practically KJA level, but KJA can't write characters with as much depth as Jack has, and Jack's depth is literally tattooed on her skin.

There is also this little tidbit. Samara, the Asarii Justicar. The nanosecond I release her from her oath to me and the crew, she'll probably turn around and execute Jack for being a psychotic biotic murderer. My prefered "If I could do it my way" would be to leave Jack on the planet with the fruit that gives you a chemical lobotomy I'd make sure to drop her on the opposite side of the planet from the transmitter. Nothing gives me a more wicked smile than thinking about Jack having to choose between being a mental vegetable or starving. Hey Bioware, I want some renegade points for that.

So it leaves you to arrange for her death during the last mission. Which is spotty, because she might end up getting a real character that you like killed. Like Garrus. Forcing you to replay the whole level. Bitch.
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

:shock: :lol:

Well done, sir! :clap: