The Board

Moderators: ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos, Freakzilla

Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Re: The Board

Post by Nekhrun »

Mandy wrote:The L Word sucks, just a bunch of bitchy dykes with an occasional sex scene thrown in. True Blood might work to get her in the mood, lol.
I'm with you, I hated the L Word (most of it :wink: ), but my wife is really into it. I can always get away with a lot more when it's on. :dance:
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Nekhrun wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
SwordMaster wrote:Since we are asking, can you change mine also FZ?

: Katana wielding

thanks

Ranks are bestowed, not requested. :)

I will eventually think of one for all the regulars, most likely based on something humorous... when you least expect it.

:twisted:
Who gets to think of one for you?
That's between y'all...
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Pastafarian. That has to be Flying Spaghetti Monster-related :)
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

GamePlayer wrote:Pastafarian. That has to be Flying Spaghetti Monster-related :)
Yes, Believers are called Pastafarians.

A cookie if you can tell who's in the avatar and what the relation is...
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Well, Pastafarian has to be a play upon "Rastafarian". And the colors of the background bring into mind that religion and Bob Marley in particular, but that doesn't look like him :)
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

GamePlayer wrote:Well, Pastafarian has to be a play upon "Rastafarian". And the colors of the background bring into mind that religion and Bob Marley in particular, but that doesn't look like him :)
You're close...
~Pink Snowman
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

*he's gonna make me look it up*

Haile Selassie I? :)
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

GamePlayer wrote:*he's gonna make me look it up*

Haile Selassie I? :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haile_Selassie

The Rastafari Messiah
Today, Haile Selassie is worshipped as the God[110] incarnate among followers of the Rastafari movement (taken from Haile Selassie's pre-imperial name Ras — meaning Head - a title equivalent to Duke — Tafari Makonnen), which emerged in Jamaica during the 1930s under the influence of Marcus Garvey's "Pan Africanism" movement, and as the Messiah who will lead the peoples of Africa and the African diaspora to freedom.[111] His official titles, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah, King of Kings and Elect of God, and his traditional lineage from Solomon and Sheba,[112] are perceived by Rastafarians as confirmation of the return of the Messiah in the prophetic Book of Revelation in the New Testament: King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah and Root of David. Rastafari faith in the incarnate divinity of Haile Selassie[113] began after news reports of his coronation reached Jamaica,[114] particularly via the two Time magazine articles on the coronation the week before and the week after the event. Haile Selassie's own perspectives permeate the philosophy of the movement.[114][115]

In 1961, the Jamaican government sent a delegation composed of both Rastafarian and non-Rastafarian leaders to Ethiopia to discuss the matter of repatriation, among other issues, with the Emperor. He reportedly told the Rastafarian delegation, which included Mortimer Planno, "Tell the Brethren to be not dismayed, I personally will give my assistance in the matter of repatriation."[116]

When Haile Selassie visited Jamaica on 21 April 1966, somewhere around one hundred thousand Rastafari from all over Jamaica descended on Palisadoes Airport in Kingston,[114] having heard that the man whom they considered to be their Messiah was coming to visit them. Spliffs[117] and chalices[118] were openly[119] smoked, causing "a haze of ganja smoke" to drift through the air.[120][121][122] When Haile Selassie arrived at the airport, he was unable to come down the mobile steps of the airplane, as the crowd rushed the tarmac. He then returned into the plane, disappearing for several more minutes. Finally Jamaican authorities were obliged to request Ras Mortimer Planno, a well-known Rasta leader, to climb the steps, enter the plane, and negotiate the Emperor's descent.[123] When Planno reemerged, he announced to the crowd: "The Emperor has instructed me to tell you to be calm. Step back and let the Emperor land".[124] This day, widely held by scholars to be a major turning point for the movement,[125][126][127] is still commemorated by Rastafarians as Grounation Day, the anniversary of which is celebrated as the second holiest holiday after 2 November, the Emperor's Coronation Day.

From then on, as a result of Planno's actions, the Jamaican authorities were asked to ensure that Rastafarian representatives were present at all state functions attended by His Majesty,[128][129] and Rastafarian elders also ensured that they obtained a private audience with the Emperor,[130] where he reportedly told them that they should not emigrate to Ethiopia until they had first liberated the people of Jamaica. This dictum came to be known as "liberation before repatriation".

Defying expectations of the Jamaican authorities,[131] Haile Selassie never rebuked the Rastafari for their belief in him as the returned Jesus. Instead, he presented the movement's faithful elders with gold medallions – the only recipients of such an honor on this visit.[132][133] During PNP leader (later Jamaican Prime Minister) Michael Manley's visit to Ethiopia in October 1969, the Emperor allegedly still recalled his 1966 reception with amazement, and stated that he felt he had to be respectful of their beliefs.[134] This was the visit when Manley received as a present from the Emperor, the infamous Rod of Correction or Rod of Joshua that is thought to have greatly helped him to win the 1972 election in Jamaica.

Rita Marley, Bob Marley's wife, converted to the Rastafari faith after seeing Haile Selassie on his Jamaican trip. She claimed, in interviews and in her book No Woman, No Cry that she saw a stigmata print on the palm of Haile Selassie's hand (as he waved to the crowd) that resembled the envisioned markings on Christ's hands from being nailed to the cross—a claim that was not supported by other sources, but was used as evidence for her and other Rastafarians to suggest that Haile Selassie I was indeed their messiah.[135] She also converted Bob Marley, who then became internationally recognized, and as a result Rastafari became much better known throughout much of the world.[136] Bob Marley's posthumously released song Iron Lion Zion refers to Haile Selassie.[citation needed]

Haile Selassie's attitude to the Rastafari
Haile Selassie I was the titular head of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church and, until his visit to Jamaica in 1966, he had never confirmed nor denied that he was divine,[137] while during his visit he specifically declined to refute the Rastafari belief that he was God.[138][139] After his return to Ethiopia, he dispatched Archbishop Abuna Yesehaq Mandefro to the Caribbean to help draw Rastafarians and other West Indians to the Ethiopian church and, according to some sources, denied his divinity.[140][141][142][143]

In 1948, Haile Selassie donated a piece of land at Shashamane, 250 km south of Addis Ababa, for the use of Blacks from the West Indies. Numerous Rastafari families settled there and still live as a community to this day.[144][145]

Here's your cookie!

:cookie sm:
~Pink Snowman
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Damn...everybody is changing their avatars... :(

It's no fun getting use to that and to whom it belongs... :snooty:
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Rakis wrote:Damn...everybody is changing their avatars... :(

Too many complaints about my sunglasses... 8-)
~Pink Snowman
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Freakzilla wrote:

Too many complaints about my sunglasses... 8-)
You should put a pair on Haile's face... :lol:
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Freakzilla wrote:Here's your cookie!

:cookie sm:
*various grotesque mastications*

I blame the board format. The user names are so small :)
Freakzilla wrote:Too many complaints about my sunglasses... 8-)
"Well, aviators are a little 30's, Mr. Wayne" :)
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

GamePlayer wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:Too many complaints about my sunglasses... 8-)
"Well, aviators are a little 30's, Mr. Wayne" :)
Classic never goes out of style, neither does function.
~Pink Snowman
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

hey, I thought they looked good. :mrgreen: They just made you look like a cop.
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Eyes High wrote:hey, I thought they looked good. :mrgreen: They just made you look like a cop.
That was on a rare occasion when I was clean shaven. That picture was at an airshow, BTW.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Hey, Freak!

This is a PUBLIC REQUEST for you to change my user rank for me, from its current

PROFESSIONAL KJA HATER

to something like

B. CONWAY SNIFFS MY BUMCRACK HOURLY.

I thought the current one was pretty funny when you made it, but Pest is using it as a point of contention for his bullshit over on Amazon, so like the "Magical Jewish Saint" one before with SwordMaster, maybe it's time for this one to go, too. :roll:
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

SandChigger wrote:... but Pest is using it as a point of contention for his bullshit over on Amazon ...
Sadly, this is true.

He's trying to run an end-around for the benefit of any casual viewers, implying that Chiggie not only chose the rank, but somehow actually benefits from it.

Typical Conway deceit and misdirection, but it is out there for all to see.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I don't like that idea.

smells like giving in to the terrorists ....
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Well, I had to give in on the Magical Jewish Saint one because of Sloey and SwordMaster's bullshit and that was board-internal.

This will do to send a message for a while:

:D
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

That cheating bastard!!! :evil:

It was supposed to be mine, damnit! :wink: :P
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Hmm ... what would the odd little multicolored guy say at a time like this? Oh yeah:

:orcs-buttshake:

:P
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

I am looking forward to him quoting your title from now on ...
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Yes. One less point to use in his bullshit.

And the record of the change is here and open to the public. (As was the whole story of how it came about, of course, but he either didn't look deeply enough for that detail—he's not very good about doing his own research or too swift with consideration of what he finds—or didn't care.)
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

SandChigger wrote:Hmm ... what would the odd little multicolored guy say at a time like this? Oh yeah:

:orcs-buttshake:

:P
You know me too well. :D
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

SandChigger wrote:Yes. One less point to use in his bullshit.

And the record of the change is here and open to the public. (As was the whole story of how it came about, of course, but he either didn't look deeply enough for that detail—he's not very good about doing his own research or too swift with consideration of what he finds—or didn't care.)

that's what I'm fucking tired of -
having to restate in a few sentences what has occured
over a long period of time to the pretards (like David James @ amazon)
because the numbfucks won't take the time to read thru all the threads ...

maybe we should sticky an entire forum for the newbietards - not move threads
from their original forums, but copy the important ones - "post I think will get deleted @ DN",
that one I started about Keith's dumbass blahgs (that thread died out & I don't remember
its name right now) , the inconsistency threads, &etc.

y'all get what I'm saying - an entire forum of copied threads, locked, for catch-up only.

Call it "Dumbasses - read before spouting off nonsense" or some such.

edit to add :

I mean, when a dumbass like Brian Conway comes around and starts the
"Amazon doesn't delete 1-star reviews" bullshit, point him to the threads
where all this was documented over time. It may be "doing their work for them"
but remember, when dealing with pretards :

Keep it Simple - they're Stupid.
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008