Great Stools of Dune predictions: here we go again!

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Re: Great Schools of Dune predictions: here we go again!

Post by SandChigger »

It would be too funny if he pissed ksander_n off with too much bullshit. Because he runs the big Russian Dune site, Arrakis.ru. :lol:

I assume KJA knows that, or was smart enough to check. Then again...
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

He's not; he doesn't have the slightest idea.

It's just another case of checking in to see who is talking about him, discovering a Dune fan (who he hasn't blocked yet), and responding in the way that makes him look the best/the smartest/the hardest-working/or whatever the case calls for. Exhibit #2,785-B of why TheKJA is a complete wanker.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

TheDukester wrote:Spinning it already ... :snooty:

For use who haven't read it - doesn't WoD end on a bit of a cliff-hanger? I thought TurD was going to finish that story-arc?
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

with a straight face he says this ....

how is Winds of Dune not a direct sequel to Paul of Dune ?

Spanky is just so .... stupid .... the best thing to do now is STFU and sit down,
and act like he's writing and just ignore the fanbases' questions about this ... it'll
die down and be forgotten in a few days, except that he will keep trying to spin it
and dig the hole deeper ....

damn, Spanky, how many times ? Twitter is not your friend !!
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Superdog

Post by Superdog »

DuneFishUK wrote:

For use who haven't read it - doesn't WoD end on a bit of a cliff-hanger? I thought TurD was going to finish that story-arc?
It ends with an evil plot brewing, but never comes to fruition. Presumably the sequel will let us know what happens to the Evil Plot.
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Superdog wrote:
DuneFishUK wrote:

It ends with an evil plot brewing, but never comes to fruition. Presumably the sequel will let us know what happens to the Evil Plot.
Yeah sorry, "cliff hanger" implies that someone gives a shit about what happens next :P

Still, an unfinished arc and a future book that completes the story is the usual format for a so-called "Series".

Keep lying Keith :)
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Shaddam's BT-grown cloneghola army of the Repu...um, Corrino Imperium and his use of it to try to retake the throne is the main arc that will connect Winds and Throne.

Doesn't the fact that there is ABSOLUTELY no mention of such a thing in any other book help connect the two books and indicate that, dayum, they're part of A SERIES?! :shock:

(And the similar structures of Paul and Winds—current action interspersed with sections of Young Paul & other flashback—essentially does the same for those two. ;) )

Eat THAT, Anderhat. :lol:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Kojiro

Post by Kojiro »

SandChigger wrote:Shaddam's BT-grown cloneghola army of the Repu...um, Corrino Imperium and his use of it to try to retake the throne is the main arc that will connect Winds and Throne.
Wait... WHAT?
Has not religion claimed a patent on creation for all of these millennia?
-The Tleilaxu Question,
from Muad'dib Speaks
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Kojiro wrote:
SandChigger wrote:Shaddam's BT-grown cloneghola army of the Repu...um, Corrino Imperium and his use of it to try to retake the throne is the main arc that will connect Winds and Throne.
Wait... WHAT?
I've got one of the songs from The Wall playing in my head now, the one that goes something like "What's disturbing you, Sunshine? Is this not what you expected to find?" :lol:

Please don't tell me this is the first you've heard of Shaddam's Ghola Army?! :shock:

(Search for "ghola army". See especially Amp's Notes on Winds. ;) )
Lundse

Post by Lundse »

SandChigger wrote:Doesn't the fact that there is ABSOLUTELY no mention of such a thing in any other book help connect the two books and indicate that, dayum, they're part of A SERIES?! :shock:
You're all seeing this from the wrong angle. What KJA means when he says the books do not form a series is simply that he is being paid per-book and not a lump sum for eg. three books. Maybe, just maybe, some considerations over similar titles, fonts and a shared PR budget would make a difference in establishing whether some number of books form a series or not - but I seriously doubt it.
We are dealing with a guy who believes the most important part of creating a good tale is keeping a deadline...
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Lundse wrote:
SandChigger wrote:Doesn't the fact that there is ABSOLUTELY no mention of such a thing in any other book help connect the two books and indicate that, dayum, they're part of A SERIES?! :shock:
You're all seeing this from the wrong angle. What KJA means when he says the books do not form a series is simply that he is being paid per-book and not a lump sum for eg. three books. Maybe, just maybe, some considerations over similar titles, fonts and a shared PR budget would make a difference in establishing whether some number of books form a series or not - but I seriously doubt it.
We are dealing with a guy who believes the most important part of creating a good tale is keeping a deadline...
Don't forget word count.

Maybe it's a series of inconsistencies and contradictions? :wink:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Kojiro

Post by Kojiro »

SandChigger wrote:
Kojiro wrote:
Wait... WHAT?
I've got one of the songs from The Wall playing in my head now, the one that goes something like "What's disturbing you, Sunshine? Is this not what you expected to find?" :lol:

Please don't tell me this is the first you've heard of Shaddam's Ghola Army?! :shock:

(Search for "ghola army". See especially Amp's Notes on Winds. ;) )
I haven't really gotten to reading some of the longer threads.

But now that you've confirmed the ghola army, I'm feeling physically ill.
Has not religion claimed a patent on creation for all of these millennia?
-The Tleilaxu Question,
from Muad'dib Speaks
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Kojiro wrote:...But now that you've confirmed the ghola army, I'm feeling physically ill.
You were right to be suspicious. There is so much like this in McDune that you could pretty much just make any claim and someone would believe you. The worst part is though, you could never make it sound worse than it already is.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
twistedmentat

Post by twistedmentat »

Awesome quelology 101 chart by the way...now i know and knowing is half the battle :D
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

One is glad to be of service. :)
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Just for my information. Can't stand-alone books still be part of a series? I mean ALL the atrocities have DUNE in huge font on the cover, reason enough for me to call it a series.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Sure. Aren't all the originals essentially standalone works yet part of a series? ;)

I understand what the asshole is saying, I just think he's full of shit. And that his motivation for emphasizing it is dishonest and supremely self-serving.

I'm trying to think of an arc that explicitly connects PoD with WoD and am not coming up with one. (Anyone?) But we've already pointed out the ghola army arc that will connect WoD and ToD; add to that the fact that the main "present time" action of the two books will be set within the same time period: the nine years between Messiah and Children. KJA was too "creative" for his own good with the ghola army in WoD; if he'd left it out, his claim that the books are "standalone" might have been a wee bit more convincing. It remains to be seen (if the books ever do get written) what arc (if any) will connect ToD to LoD/GPoD.

KJA can jump up and down and stamp his little hiker boots and pontificate to the fanboys until he's as blue as the blood in my deep dorsal vein and it won't change the fact that Heroes is a SERIES of interquels. That's how they've been referred to and that's how they've been promoted from the start. Now it's to their convenience to cut them off halfway [un]finished, they're suddenly "standalone" and not really a series.

Yeah, right. ;)
lotek

Post by lotek »

This is hilarious!

Any normal person would have admitted the mistake and got on with it; but not KJHLP, no sirree!

The Brain cannot be wrong and facts must be bent to reach his point of view, however ridiculous that makes them look!
Spice is the worm's gonads.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Mistake?

Oh, you mean the mistake of having the hubris to think they could "fill in the gaps"? ;)

The main problem is that the first two Heroes books were absolute KJA shit and the second did worse than the first... and the first did worse than the second half of "the grand finale", which did worse than the first half, which probably did better than the last book of the Legends trilogy, but mainly only because of the "Dune 7" FH-notes/closure hype, not because it was better written.

The real lie here is that somebody (the publishers, Brian, KJA's left nut) decided it was time to change course before the good ship HMS* Heroes Series flew, spraying foam and stunned tunnies, over The Edge of the World** under full sail. Refusing to admit that and coming up with this bullshit about being so "engrossed" (=Kevvy gots a chubby!) with the post-Legends time period that they can't honor their commitment to their fan[boy]s and finish the SERIES they were "working" on.

Everyone involved in the thing, who's promoting the official spin, from the ROT/Gorge lackeys on Facebook to all the members of the HLP, is equally as dishonest as KJA.

Fuck 'em.

* Herbert Milk Source
** Available in the bargain bins at a non-discriminating bookseller near you!
lotek

Post by lotek »

SandChigger wrote:Mistake?

Oh, you mean the mistake of having the hubris to think they could "fill in the gaps"? ;)
well that would be nice, though as improbable as anything in those feelings should have been and stayed!
SandChigger wrote:The main problem is that the first two Heroes books were absolute KJA shit and the second did worse than the first... and the first did worse than the second half of "the grand finale", which did worse than the first half, which probably did better than the last book of the Legends trilogy, but mainly only because of the "Dune 7" FH-notes/closure hype, not because it was better written.
You're doing a Bilbo?
That reads so much like his departure speech at the birthday party :)
I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
Spice is the worm's gonads.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

SandChigger wrote:Refusing to admit that and coming up with this bullshit about being so "engrossed" ...
The "engrossed" line was a classic ... not only a flat-out lie, but a fun mental image, too. Like Kevin "I Watched 27 DVDs and Listened to 11 Rush Albums Last Night!" Anderjacket and Bobo McNeck-bolts could ever concentrate on something long enough to become "engrossed."
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

SandChigger wrote: KJA can jump up and down and stamp his little hiker boots and pontificate to the fanboys until he's as blue as the blood in my deep dorsal vein and it won't change the fact that Heroes is a SERIES of interquels.
You have blue blood? Scary.

and wrote a Dune Novel."
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

Yeah, look what happened to Tleszer after he got... The Bite.
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Serkanner wrote:You have blue blood? Scary.
You mean your venous blood isn't bluish? :shock:
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

SandChigger wrote:
Serkanner wrote:You have blue blood? Scary.
You mean your venous blood isn't bluish? :shock:
Well ... I aint no Chigger like you. That might explain it.

and wrote a Dune Novel."