Post Your FH Collection

Moderators: Mr. Teg, Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Re: Post Your FH Collection

Post by SandChigger »

What are those, stained glass and carved/stained wood?
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

:shock:
Amazing collection.
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
Kwisatz

Post by Kwisatz »

SandChigger wrote:What are those, stained glass and carved/stained wood?
Handmade hawks on basis of my avatar (badge) which is based on Atreides emblem from the computer game.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Right, but I was just wondering what they were made of. :)
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Very impressive! Ill talk to the bride about the artwork. I have always loved that artist's work. Those covers are some of my favorite in all of Dunedom. And after taking a closer look at the photos of your Polish editions, I have to say that they really look beautiful too.

Kwisatz, where did you find that leather wrapped SFBC edition? I've been looking for one of those to replace one I lost in a flood for years.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Wow, a truly amazing collection, Kwisatz.

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
Lundse

Post by Lundse »

Kwisatz wrote:
Lundse wrote:Whooho - Danish version (on the far left, only the first three were translated):
Brings back memories (it uses the Shoenherr illustration from the Illustrated version on the front - a big plus!)
I'm currently looking for 'Bornene pa Klit' in 2 volumes. Maybe you could help me find it?
I'd love to. In fact, I just did :-)

I have mailed the antiquarian (http://www.vejleantikvariat.dk/index.ph ... rter=Titel) about payment methods and whether they can ship it directly to you, and expect to hear from them soon - it'll be around 63$ without shipping. Depending on what they answer, we'll figure something out - you pay on the site, you make the money transfer, or I take care of everything, whatever works (these antiquarian can be quite old-fashioned).

I'll be in touch!
Kwisatz

Post by Kwisatz »

Hmm as of Hawks - I didn't see a comma in your question. Yes, they are made of stained glass and carved wood.

Huge bibliographical French site with covers of Siudmak and many more artists and writers here:
http://www.noosfere.com/icarus/livres/a ... veau=illus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (over a 1000 book covers)
I will pass your words of appreciation to Siudmak himself ;)
I offer also some of Siudmak's reproductions on eBay, but not from Dune.

I have SFBC leather edition for years - I think 4 or 5 years. I know that my friend found another one 2 months ago, but they are on eBay very, very seldom. He bought it for $100.

Many thanks for finding Danish Children of Dune - I'm impressed, because those books are rather rare ;)
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Kwisatz wrote:Hmm as of Hawks - I didn't see a comma in your question. Yes, they are made of stained glass and carved wood.
Thanks! :)
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Holy shit! :shock:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

That's funny, when I started reading the new posts in this thread I thought all I could really post is "holy shit" - looks like Freak beat me to it!
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

MY GOD ITS FULL OF DUNE!
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Kwisatz

Post by Kwisatz »

I found more old photos and few of my unusual items or props.
Here they are - enjoy!

Few games:

More games, puzzles, original card artworks and Sardaukar prop rifle:

Rare Polish Dunes and other novels (fan translations):

Set of chapbooks (most of them signed):

Special inscriptions for me:

Even book with Byron signature ;)

2 French editions (Siudmak's and Sparth's):

2 photos from the same time and place (there is my Children of Dune on the table):

Promo item:

2 more custom made hawks:

Rings (Arafel ring, Dune ring and Fremen ring):

Gom Jabbar prop:

Crysknife prop:

Corrino scepter prop:

Corrino scroll prop:

Dar-es-Balat door from the other side:

Different prop costumes from different exhibitions (one in France) and from my room:

Ukulele prop:

And we could go now to drink some beer:

(label 'Kwisatz Wielki' means 'Kwisatz the Great') ;)
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

If you got that on ebay, you outbid me :evil:

(Happy to see it went to a good home though :D )

[Edit: It's also awesome to see so many of the props from the miniseries being kept together in the same collection]
Last edited by DuneFishUK on 07 Feb 2011 19:20, edited 1 time in total.
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Kwisatz

Post by Kwisatz »

Sorry... :?
But I think the same seller had 3 or 4 of them later.
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Kwisatz wrote:Sorry... :?
But I think the same seller had 3 or 4 of them later.
Was nae being serious :P (sorry maybe I should have been more obvious, all's fair in love and ebay :) )- he did? Missed that, I should pay more attention :)
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Kwisatz

Post by Kwisatz »

Yup, I thought of buying another one, but prices were higher much higher than the first one.

I think those are not all of my prop costumes - should be 11 of them, I didn't count the pictures.
I was also wearing Leto's desert robes and on another day Baron's cape on Eurocon this year during Dune panel, Dune competition, Dune exhibition and last but not least my own Dune lecture, which most of the photos were taken from.
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Wow. Very impressive!
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Kwisatz

Post by Kwisatz »

Small French addition to whole collection (my last year acquisitions).

You could see a catalog of French covers (uncomplete) here for Frank:
http://www.noosfere.com/icarus/livres/a ... veau=illus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and here for Brian:
http://www.noosfere.com/icarus/livres/a ... veau=illus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

D Pope

Post by D Pope »

AMAZING! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Do you have any info on FH first editions after Dune? About all i've gotten is that DMs first edition has brown covers.
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
lotek

Post by lotek »

I remember that publisher and its trippy silver covers, proper spaceman suit style !

Merci encore !
Spice is the worm's gonads.
ᴶᵛᵀᴬ
Joseph-Vintimille Tariki Askaris

Post by ᴶᵛᵀᴬ »

Heliophore process :

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image
    Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
    ۞ Shaihuludata gigantica Gratia, Fidei defensor ۞
      Kwisatz

Post by Kwisatz »

D Pope wrote:AMAZING! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Do you have any info on FH first editions after Dune? About all i've gotten is that DMs first edition has brown covers.
      What do you need to know exactly?
      You're right - 1st/1st of DM has brown covers, and 1st/2nd of DM has black covers. I have both of them but unfortunately both ex-libs (1st printing signed). I can provide further details about DM (but only those 2 printings). As of Dune itself I have 9 printings of 1st Chilton edition and to know if there is a complete set. I could provide any details and photos you want about those 9 books.
      As of CoD I could provide information about first 5 printings and also 11th. There were rumors that was over a 100 printings of CoD - but I hardly believe it. I only have 1st and 2nd printing of GeOD and somebody told me about only 13 printings of this book. HoD and ChoD - only 1st printings in my possession.

BTW - very nice addition of covers Askaris - I should check my versions.
      D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Thanks mate!
      There's easily found info on Dune, but amost nothing on the rest of the series. After getting a red cover copy of DM for Christmas, I was very excited to think it may have been a 1st. According to most of the stuff I found, it was, (I also found a 'first edition' printed in the eighties) but after looking at some descriptions of copies for sale, figured out the brown covers must be 1st 1st.

anything you've got should probably go here;
      viewtopic.php?f=21&t=417&start=15" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and thank you very much for sharing!

:mrgreen:
      Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
      -Omphalos
      Kwisatz

Post by Kwisatz »

Maybe there is easily found info NOW, but back then in early 2000-2003 when I was looking for it, it wasn't that easy. I had to confirm different informations, checked fake 1st editions on eBay, corrected sellers who weren't sure which printing they had and so on. And now I have ALL nine printings of Dune - thanks for this link - it help me to confirm that is nothing more to chase in that matter :roll: But I have 2 ultimate goals - to have all first editions of all FH books signed and to have all nine printings signed (I have already 3 of them - 2,3,5). I'll upload some photos to this other thread 'How to recognize first edition' and add some details to the Omphalos' list. Maybe later I'll do the same with DM, CoD and GeoD I have ;)

And BTW I have 3rd and 4th printing of Dune (both ex-libs) for sale right now on eBay. 3rd is really nice with minimal library markings.