Hearty greetings to the Cast Out!

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

D Pope

Re: Hearty greetings to the Cast Out!

Post by D Pope »

I just tried to do a little reading over at Dune novels. :?:

While I have no doubt that I will ask some dumb questions, would someone please stop me if ever I start to sound like that?!!
'That sounds like somthing from Dune novels,' What greater insult exists? :o
Not that there isn't some good stuff there, it just looks like that stuff comes from here. :cylon101:
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Is there a key or legend somewhere for interpreting the symbols beside topics?
some look like static text, some scroll, some look like lightbulbs. i'm just curious.
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

D Pope wrote:Is there a key or legend somewhere for interpreting the symbols beside topics?
some look like static text, some scroll, some look like lightbulbs. i'm just curious.
I'm not sure...

I believe the scrolling text is a "hot topic" the light bulb is an announcement. The i is a sticky.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Cool! Thanks mate!
-Omphalos
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

I gotta take about a week off...2010s shaping up to be a great year for loss.
-Omphalos
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Should be at the bottom of the home page, but Im not sure about all themes.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

It may be a simple thing for you guys but adding an avatar delt me fits! :D
This is the winning dart in a game I played about a year ago. Not mine. It's hard to see, but notice that the dart is actually stuck under the 4-13 wire. The point was in the fuzz of the bull so the game goes to him. That dart was actually flight fucked off a dart in the 18. It's a once in a lifetime shot.

I chose this picture as my avatar to represent my belief in darts as a metaphore for life. When you're there on the line, the only thing that matters is the dart you're about to throw. Darts is a game of luck, the more I practice the luckier I get.

What do you guys think?
-Omphalos
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I think this...
D Pope wrote:The point was in the fuzz of the bull so the game goes to him.
...is some kind of metaphor for something so kinky even I would hesitate to contemplate it. :shock:

:lol:
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I gotta linky for that there .... somewhere .... lemme look ...

what kinda trouble did you have with the avatar ?
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

I'm sure the trouble had it's roots in my own lack of computer skills. :roll:
host it on imageshack to resize it if need be
there is a selection where you can pick the avatar resolution "Maximum dimensions; width: 180 pixels, height: 180 pixels, file size: 390.62 KiB."

go to User Control Panel/Profile/Edit avatar
then copy paste the image url there: "Link off-site:"

Hope that helps!
Did that, and about the fourth try at a URL did the trick. If I were smart enough to know what the problem was, there wouldn't have been one.
Funny to think my image will be floating out there on imageshack forever. :D
-Omphalos
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I've played darts on a few leagues, that ain't no bullseye. :snooty:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

I can only agree, but an 'arbiter' (the bartender) was brought in and a decision made. No biggie, but I like the photo.
Next time i'm down that way we'll have to get together for a game!
-Omphalos
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

You're on!
~Pink Snowman
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Darts is great ... ("are great"? ... hmmm, English major failure here :think: ).

A couple of years ago, I got really stay-at-home-and-feel-sorry-for-myself sick, and I spent like three days watching British darts tournaments on a channel way up on the satellite numbers. It was fascinating: the cheering, the announcers, the whole atmosphere. And the skill of the players ... man, fuggiddaboutit. They were unbelievable.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

In my defence, darts as a game is singular isn't it?

I've seen some of those shows, mind blowing. The money, I understand, isn't anything to take lightly either. I ask myself if such skill is aquired or intrinsic, then I remember that it's unlikely i'll ever be like that.
There have been games that should've been taped for just such reasons, Cricket mostly, back and forth tensions and advantages, amazing comebacks, it can be intense.
-Omphalos
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

The thwack willow against leather intense? It must be a beauty in the eye thing. :)
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

D Pope wrote:In my defence, darts as a game is singular isn't it?

I've seen some of those shows, mind blowing. The money, I understand, isn't anything to take lightly either. I ask myself if such skill is aquired or intrinsic, then I remember that it's unlikely i'll ever be like that.
There have been games that should've been taped for just such reasons, Cricket mostly, back and forth tensions and advantages, amazing comebacks, it can be intense.
I've seen some guys come close to being as good as those guys on TV. Playing on a league can be a lot of fun, as can any game where it is customary to drink while throwing sharp objects. Heavy, blunt objects are fun, too. I've been interested in getting back into it but I'm having a hard time finding a local league. I need some darts, too.
~Pink Snowman
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Sure thing mate, the intesity can sometimes be an almost physical thing! Is a willow switch the reason your bouncey guy bounces? :P

When I was in Griffin there were no real boards but some soft tip shooters told me about boards and leagues in Atlanta, can't remember details though.
I'd be happy to send you a set of darts, I carry three sets of 'loaners' and wouldn't mind sharing. My own darts are 40gr. fixed point behemoths with cheap, plastic flight/shafts like the worst bar darts. Not very sexy but amazingly durable, and if my darts can fake an opponent into underestimating me, it's doubly worth it.
-Omphalos
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I appreciate that but I've been meaning to buy some. I was planning on getting some at Christmas but I spent all my money on the wife and kids.

I got my taxes filed, accepted and should have my return by Feb 1... party time. :dance:
~Pink Snowman