Board Outage?

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Board Outage?

Post by SandChigger »

It's 10:45 PM JST (8:45 AM EDT US?) Wednesday, Dec 23. I got zero response from the server about half an hour ago, for both Jacurutu & T(A)U.

Was the server down, or was it network shtuff?

Just wondering. :(
DuneFishUK

Re: Board Outage?

Post by DuneFishUK »

Worked fine an hour ago-ish :?
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

It's working GREAT now, too. (Fastest response times I've seen from home in a while, perhaps?) But it was the white page of death at one point.

Oh well. :)
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

The host was doing maintenance last night. Nothing we were up to. We try only to go down on Saturday nights for our own stuff.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Okey-dokey. :)
Sev

Post by Sev »

Been trying to get into here and Tau for about 3 hours, with no luck until now - host maintenance again??
Freakzilla - "Apparently we can only aspire to be the 13th biggest Dune fan since we are not family or in the HLP."

Byron - "Are you trying to irk me?"
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

:dance: It's back up. What happened this time? Like Sev, I couldn't get in here, T(A)U, nor even the book review site.

Glad we're back up. Thanks to whoever fixed it. :clap: :clap: :clap:
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

You never know you're really hooked till you 'ave to go cold turkey. :P
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

The host had some problems. The entire network went down this morning. But as you can tell, it's now back up. I posted at HToD, but as it turns out, it was back up about an hour after that.

Goodnight Golden Path!
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

We had a software fart this evening. According to The Benefactor some high frequency use tables on T(A)U and the OBR were corrupted. The db has tools to repair those sorts of problems, so things should be back to normal. I looked through the various boards and could find no problems. Give me a shout if you find anything that looks funny.

Also, just FYI we back up every two days here and copy it to several places, and I back up T(A)U and Jacurutu every once in a while on my home machines just for some added security. As it so happens I backed both sites up last night, but I didn't have to use them.

Thanks.

Goodnight Golden Path!
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Seems to be working fine now. Guess you can ignore the pm :oops:
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Glad to hear things are running smooth again, I thought my computer was doing something goofy.
I got an error yesterday, something about too many users, and about an hour ago, something like no access through this socket?
Odd goings on, I like it here.
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Together Ragabash and I run a lot of sites off of the one db. Traffic gets pretty heavy at times.

Goodnight Golden Path!
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Traffic ... ?

... or was it The Tidwell?
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Who is this "Tidwell" character you folks keep referring to? I've never heard of him.

Goodnight Golden Path!
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

I've heard he's that one guy, the they in that's what they say. It seems he was referred to as 'Him' in one of the books I read.
Through the ages, the learned have wrote:"...bestriding the forums like a colossus."
"Eat your peas, you don't want to anger the Tidwell."
"When in the course of human events...the Tidwell...will kick your ass."
"Tidwell at the gates"
"Look! Up in the sky!..."
"And you will know my name is the Tidwell when I lay my vengeance upon thee."
"Look on my works ye mighty and despair... for 'round that colossal wreck, one inscription remains; Tidwell was here."
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

D Pope wrote:I've heard he's that one guy, the they in that's what they say. It seems he was referred to as 'Him' in one of the books I read.
Through the ages, the learned have wrote:"...bestriding the forums like a colossus."
"Tidwell at the gates"
"Look on my works ye mighty and despair... for 'round that colossal wreck, one inscription remains; Tidwell was here."
I heard that this one guy (a famous author IIRC) angered the Tidwell and then was disappeared entirely from time and (cyber)space :shock:
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

I shudder to think about being the focus of the Tidwells wrath! :shock:
-Omphalos
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

DuneFishUK wrote:
D Pope wrote:I've heard he's that one guy, the they in that's what they say. It seems he was referred to as 'Him' in one of the books I read.
"Tidwell at the gates"
I heard that this one guy (a famous author IIRC) angered the Tidwell and then was disappeared entirely from time and (cyber)space :shock:
enough time has passed, and I have been in direct contact with Frank Walden, InnerWebz Content Copyright Attorney,
(whose office is actually in Stillwater, explaining why he could not be located in the Norman area) and he agreed that
no legal action can now be taken regarding anyone's role in James C. Harwood's suicide ...

so I will state here for the record, as I did to the Oklahoma State Police, that The Tidwell was entirely blameless in
Mr. Harwood's tragic and untimely demise ... here are the basic facts of what actually occurred :

1) during the course of internet harassment and cyber-bullying of Mr. Harwood, I, the SandRider, did in fact hack the membership
lists of several websites whose servers are located in the former Soviet Union (making this action in and of itself non-prosecutable,
according to Mr. Walden);

2) in these membership lists, I, the SandRider, did discover accounts with usernames and passwords widely associated with
Mr. Harwood, as well as website logs that indicate the times & dates the IP address then associated with Mr. Harwood accessed
these site;

3) these sites included, but are not limited to: MyTeenAssSlave.ru, FlatChests4U.info.ru, HardArabBoys.info.ym,
HarderArabBoys.net.ir, SandraTeenModelsMom.com, img.GJ986KJH5465.tor2web.com, IpeeUpee.info.fr, TeeniesTitties.com,
kiddernprontube.com.gr, A2M.com, PrettyNonNudeCherryGirls.com, BuyABitch.ru, BuyABitchCheap.ru, BuyABitchGetOneFree.ru;

4) then, as George Smiley did to poor Karla, I, the SandRider, sent copies of this evidence to Mr. Harwood, leaving him with
but one option;

5) Mr. Harwood then traveled to the office of Mr. Walden, where he signed over power-of-attorney for his various web-related
endeavors, and, unbeknownst to Mr. Walden, swallowed a fast-acting poison that simulated the effects of a heart-attack;

6) according to the terms of the will just signed in his office, Mr. Walden then executed this will, having Mr. Harwood's body
released from the County Coroner without autopsy and immediately cremated; the ashes were then placed in an Ovaltine
jar which was sent to a Denver, Colorado, Private Detective, (in the employ of Mr. Walden, to be paid from the expected
return of the sale of Mr. Harwood's personal property (which didn't quite work out that way)) who by means of stealth and
deception, infiltrated the Castle of one Kevin J. Anderson, placing the Ovaltine jar containing the ashes of Mr. Harwood on
a pantry shelf, in the hopes, according to Mr. Harwood's will, that Anderson would mistake Mr. Harwood's ashes for actual
rich, chocolaty Ovaltine, and consume Mr. Harwood's ashes with milk, so that Mr. Harwood's essence could take over
Anderson's body and finish twelve-thousand part science fiction novel that was Mr. Harwood's life's work;

I, the SandRider, do hereby swear and avow that the preceding account is a truthful representation of the facts, So Help Me Gawd;
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

SandRider wrote:BuyABitchGetOneFree.ru
You had me until that one.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Freakzilla wrote:
SandRider wrote:BuyABitchGetOneFree.ru
You had me until that one.
Know personally that website is a scam, do you? :shock:

Goodnight Golden Path!
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

:lol:

To me, that is every bit as convincing as the death scenario presented by James C. Harwood/Frank Walden.
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Boards were loggy today, but should be back up to speed. Someone posted a link on another blog on the server that got crossposted to twitter. The twits were going nuts for it, and slowed us the hell down.

Goodnight Golden Path!
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

:)
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Every time I see the unread-posts flag for this topic, I always read it as "Board Outrage."

And I can't help it: for the briefest of moments, I think, "What is everybody so mad about?"
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.