KJA-induced amnesia (ATTN:RedBugPest)

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Serkanner
Administrator

Re: KJA-induced amnesia (ATTN:RedBugPest)

Post by Serkanner »

redbugpest wrote:
Serkanner wrote:
redbugpest wrote:
Schu wrote:Like I said, I'd never seen anyone even try to address this, I'm still intrigued to see how it would be done. I just hope pesty gets off these circumlocutions and gets to the real issue, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he just kept doing this.
I agree that there is something odd here, I went back and reread the end of Chapterhouse, and will agree that there would have been a reasonable cross section of people who would have known. I am not sure it would have been common knowledge throughout the whole BG, but would have been known by a good deal of the Chapterhouse RMs.

I'll go back and reread Hunters and Sandworms again to see if there is something there. :think: :think: :think:
The MOST idiotic post by you ever!!!

Read Heretics and Chapterhouse moron if you want to increase a bit of your severely lacking Dune knowledge. Damn! You're an idiot!
Uh - Read them - Go back and re read the start of the thread, because it has to do with the surprise about Teg's abilities in KJA's books.

So, to make it simple for you:
Schu wrote:Hiya! I was wondering what you thought of (and I'm assuming you've read Chapterhouse Dune and Hunters of Dune) everyone managing to randomly forget that Teg could move quickly.

Let's go over the crew roster:

- Shenna and Duncan: were there when he regained his memories, were witness to both his superspeed and admission that he was capable of it.
- Other splintered Bene Gesserit: Had access to comeye records of that incident - it was common knowledge in the sisterhood.
- The Jews: these guys were on Gammu when Teg did all his funky stuff in the first place. They knew (and not only that, but Rebecca had shared with Murbella, who certainly knew).
-Scytale: Well ok, he has an excuse not to know.

Why then, in the sequels written by KJA and BH, did Teg keep his superspeed a "secret" from the crew, and why were the crew surprised when he demonstrated it - even if they somehow didn't know (which they did), the BG had heard rumours about the whole thing, to the point where Odrade explicitly asks Teg about it, so acting all surprised is kinda... inconsistent ;)
I have agreed to Schu's statement that their had to be prior knowledge

I am going to go back and see if I find anything that I feel adequately explains it......

Do you follow it now? :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

And you complain about ME :shock:
Off course I do asshole, because it IS already clear from the original books!
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

Serkanner wrote:
redbugpest wrote:
Serkanner wrote:
redbugpest wrote:
Schu wrote:Like I said, I'd never seen anyone even try to address this, I'm still intrigued to see how it would be done. I just hope pesty gets off these circumlocutions and gets to the real issue, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he just kept doing this.
I agree that there is something odd here, I went back and reread the end of Chapterhouse, and will agree that there would have been a reasonable cross section of people who would have known. I am not sure it would have been common knowledge throughout the whole BG, but would have been known by a good deal of the Chapterhouse RMs.

I'll go back and reread Hunters and Sandworms again to see if there is something there. :think: :think: :think:

Read Heretics and Chapterhouse moron if you want to increase a bit of your severely lacking Dune knowledge. Damn! You're an idiot!
Uh - Read them - Go back and re read the start of the thread, because it has to do with the surprise about Teg's abilities in KJA's books.

Schu wrote:Hiya! I was wondering what you thought of (and I'm assuming you've read Chapterhouse Dune and Hunters of Dune) everyone managing to randomly forget that Teg could move quickly.

- Shenna and Duncan: were there when he regained his memories, were witness to both his superspeed and admission that he was capable of it.
- Other splintered Bene Gesserit: Had access to comeye records of that incident - it was common knowledge in the sisterhood.
- The Jews: these guys were on Gammu when Teg did all his funky stuff in the first place. They knew (and not only that, but Rebecca had shared with Murbella, who certainly knew).

Why then, in the sequels written by KJA and BH, did Teg keep his superspeed a "secret" from the crew, and why were the crew surprised when he demonstrated it - even if they somehow didn't know (which they did), the BG had heard rumours about the whole thing, to the point where Odrade explicitly asks Teg about it, so acting all surprised is kinda... inconsistent ;)

I am going to go back and see if I find anything that I feel adequately explains it......

Oh, so your only purpose in posting was to create some controversy, and to try and pick a fight by being an ass...

I'll keep that in mind when I read your other posts... :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Post by SandChigger »

Well, your only purpose for being here is to be an annoying ass, right?

What's wrong with people giving you back the same? :)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

SandChigger wrote:Well, your only purpose for being here is to be an annoying ass, right?

What's wrong with people giving you back the same? :)
That might be your assumption, but it is not true. Fortunately, your opinion does not mean anything to me.

You and Serkanner are providing a great example of what I was talking about in the suggestion thread....

Post by SandChigger »

Sure it don't, darlin. You keep saying that and maybe even you'll believe it one day. ;)

Oh, you mean the thread where you were pretending to be offering helpful advice about board administration and moderation, out of concern as a "real member" here?

Right. :laughing:
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

redbugpest wrote:
Serkanner wrote:
redbugpest wrote:
Serkanner wrote:
redbugpest wrote:

Oh, so your only purpose in posting was to create some controversy, and to try and pick a fight by being an ass...

I'll keep that in mind when I read your other posts... :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:
I am losing you here. My intention of posting here is to make clear for you, which is a tad difficult it seems, that you don't need to read the fucking nudune books to get to the conclusion stated previously. Are you pretending to be this stupid or confirming it?
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
Schu

Post by Schu »

Oh leave him be, let him go back to McDune and find some insanely flimsy justification and bring it back here, it will be fun! :lol: :puke:

But hey, RBP, when you find that justification, make sure you tell me why Duncan and Sheanna forgot when they were right there, ok?
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Schu wrote:But hey, RBP, when you find that justification, make sure you tell me why Duncan and Sheanna forgot when they were right there, ok?
Oh, dear, you left poor Schubert dangling ALL this time?! :naughty:
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

SandChigger wrote:
Schu wrote:But hey, RBP, when you find that justification, make sure you tell me why Duncan and Sheanna forgot when they were right there, ok?
Oh, dear, you left poor Schubert dangling ALL this time?! :naughty:

Post by SandChigger »

Hey, admins! Doesn't Porky Pest posting the same content in, what, six or seven threads constitute spam? :lol:
redbugpest

Post by redbugpest »

SandChigger wrote:Hey, admins! Doesn't Porky Pest posting the same content in, what, six or seven threads constitute spam? :lol:
They are all a direct answer to your transparent attempt to start an argument - You go right back in the Foe list Mr. Chigg, since you still have nothing to say that is constructive...

Post by SandChigger »

redbugpest wrote:since you still have nothing to say that is constructive...
Wow, that's really the pot calling the kettle black, huh? :lol:

And what's in that pot?!

Mmmm, stewed PORK! :laughing:

I'm for putting this fuck into a "zoo" until he addresses these issues. Like he said he was going to ... how many months ago? :)
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I wouldn't call that "starting an argument" or trolling ... seems like you jumped into the path of the OH Jihad all on your own;
seem to recall you claiming somewhere, amazon, your blagh, somewhere, that the OH had no real arguments against McDune
and didn't want a fair debate, or something equally silly & asinine ... seems like we finally taunted you into coming here and
ATOE set out a handful of basic, simple examples of why McDune is a travesty & tehKJA is a hack ... and I don't think you
made much of any effort to comment on them, much less refute them ...

so I just took this as meaning you realized you couldn't refute these arguments (or just flat-out didn't understand them)
and walked away, ignoring the inconvenient facts ... just like Bryon Merritt and all the other pretards, and Keith himself ...

and really, after the last three or four times you've poked your head in here and been reminded of these threads, and
continued to ignore them, did you really think this time would be any different ? we ain't McDuners, Brian, we remember
the things we read ....
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

vermillion hells...

:lol:
edit; I guess it isn't too hard to believe that even the proofreaders have difficuly paying close attention to a thigh pad full of dictaprose. The Rider got it right when when he called that the best.
Once again, WELL DONE to SandChigger for finding it! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos