Looking for a project?

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

SandRider
Watermaster

Re: Looking for a project?

Post by SandRider »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:That is nice indeed, what do I have to change the skin to for that to be mine?
:text-yeahthat:
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

SandChigger wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:I'd like DuneFishUK's font used extensively, if anyone decides to tackle that.
That would really only be practical in things like the "Quote" and "Post Reply" buttons, etc.

Unless of course you want to create a ponderous, image-blown monstrosity like Worm's base theme? Or the shitsmear that is DuneNovels?

(Sorry, love da Worm, but when I visit it's a PITA until I get logged in and my personal "default theme" setting kicks in. And even that doesn't totally block the "vanity ani-gifs". :( )
I was against that ugly thing from the start, he never listens to me! :mad:
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

(sniff, sniff)

Is that the bitchweed in bloom already, this early in the year? :roll:
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

DuneFishUK wrote:Twilight
Yeah had done it. Thought I uploaded it too.. but can't find it :? Ah well.

Could you get rid of the two silver streaks and replace them with the two moons? Maybe the moons on one side and the silver outline of mountains/rocks on the other?

I like the black thought. We should come up with a better name for that style though, like "Nocturnal" or something.
And: <Image>
aka: http://ghafla.dribble-sponge.co.uk/jacu ... e_logo.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(Yes... it does look like nothing. It's a little bit of transparency.)

They go in:

styles/twilightBB/theme/images/header.jpg

styles/twilightBB/imageset/site_logo.gif

Subsilver.

This one replaces: styles/subsilver2/imageset/site_logo.gif
Meh...

Guild Wars

Stick it: styles/GuildWarsAlliance/Imageset/Banner.jpg
Outstanding!
I'm not crazy about the rest of the style colors and graphics but it's not bad. Maybe tweek the colors just a bit, too green for a Dune site.

:)

Bring on the main event :P

Omph, can you and Rag set him up so he can upload? Will he need Admin or Mod priviledges?
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Freakzilla wrote:
DuneFishUK wrote:Twilight
Yeah had done it. Thought I uploaded it too.. but can't find it :? Ah well.

Could you get rid of the two silver streaks and replace them with the two moons? Maybe the moons on one side and the silver outline of mountains/rocks on the other?

I like the black thought. We should come up with a better name for that style though, like "Nocturnal" or something.
And: <Image>
aka: http://ghafla.dribble-sponge.co.uk/jacu ... e_logo.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(Yes... it does look like nothing. It's a little bit of transparency.)

They go in:

styles/twilightBB/theme/images/header.jpg

styles/twilightBB/imageset/site_logo.gif

Subsilver.

This one replaces: styles/subsilver2/imageset/site_logo.gif
Meh...

Guild Wars

Stick it: styles/GuildWarsAlliance/Imageset/Banner.jpg
Outstanding!
I'm not crazy about the rest of the style colors and graphics but it's not bad. Maybe tweek the colors just a bit, too green for a Dune site.

:)

Bring on the main event :P

Omph, can you and Rag set him up so he can upload? Will he need Admin or Mod priviledges?
These are just re-jigging existing graphics - without actually changing anything about the actual layout.. The changed files need to FTP'd onto the webspace - AFAIK that's a webmaster job rather than a mod-job.

Since I did these I've done a little bit more css'ing - not creating anything, but enough to maybe tinker-up something Dune-esque enough from an existing theme. If it is a good-un, then it stands to reason that it should be the default theme, but IIRC Omph was saying only the default themes have the good CAPTCHAs.. but yes, they are "meh" and dull as shite :?
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -