I seek refuge from ridiculousness

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Re: I seek refuge from ridiculousness

Post by SandChigger »

Sandwurm88 wrote:A belated greeting from a fellow Dune dilletante. ...
Forsooth, as dill as a pickle is this dilettante lad!

(Poor knave! Hard though it be for thee to kick against the pricks, this good company is as much amused by thy trials as by thy frolics. :lol: )
grandmastercrafter

Post by grandmastercrafter »

Sandwurm88 wrote:A belated greeting from a fellow Dune dilletante. Thou hast broughten thineself to the precisely correct Internet forum regarding or pertaining to Dune. The aforementioned provides a nonpretentious and antidisestablishmentarianism counterpoint and counterbalance to the local dunce-ery and foolishness, as well as the sloth of what a neglible minority refer, somewhat ironically, to as the "Official" Dune Forums. 'Tis quite observant and supercalifragalisticexpealadocous of you to realize the various and grandiolquent mutitudes of faux pas's comitted at such an Internet establishment. Much congratulations and gratitude be upon thy, fellow Herbertarian. Thou hast chosen for thineself the correct Dune Internet forum for thou to attend.

Cordially,

Sandworm88

Post-Script---

Oh yeah, and one more thing--
Pneumoniaultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis.
:geek:
dilettante = 5 points
broughten = -5 points (street slang - hard to tell appropriate usage, so docking points - open to appeal, however. Sorry!)
nonpretentious = 25 points
antidisestablishmentarianism = :clap: an even 100 points, for correctly using the word in an actual communication - something I had considered nigh impossible, unless discussing history :lol:
supercalifragalisticexpealadocous = :clap: another 100 points, for correctly using a blatantly fictitious word correctly in an actual communication. Stunning work. Probably not something that'll catch on - but wow, nevertheless.
grandiolquent = 20 points
Pneumoniaultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis = score pending - awaiting relevant use in an actual communication - now this I gotta see!!! (the word: 'Silicosis' can be used for the exact same purpose)

Total: 245 points (an incredible debut by Sandworm88, who pulls into the lead from the starting gate and is moving at a stupendous rate)
:lol:

Hey, and thanks for the greeting! :)
THINK CRITICALLY
:auto-gmcredsmiley:
grandmastercrafter

Sorry y'all - been over on Amazon while logged in lately, tossing comments out on reviews and trying to get up a head of steam to start writing reviews of my own... I got into a pretty interesting debate in the comments section of a review written by a preeq sympathizer who gave a 4-star review of House Harkonnen - a top 500 reviewer named lordhoot. I made a new friend LOL :)

It was quite intense, but it just ended, so I thought I'd share:

http://www.amazon.com/review/ROP4ZEITOV ... hisHelpful" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Let me know if this link doesn't work out - also, what's the etiquette on inviting someone to join Jacurutu? I've invited him to check out the site, but didn't want to overstep any bounds or anything... :D
THINK CRITICALLY
lotek

Post by lotek »

grandmastercrafter wrote:Let me know if this link doesn't work out - also, what's the etiquette on inviting someone to join Jacurutu? I've invited him to check out the site, but didn't want to overstep any bounds or anything... :D
just give them the link. we haven't had a real preeq to chew on for ages :)
Wingnuts are fun but it's not the same!

EDIT TO ADD
lordhoot wrote:If this is the crux of this discussion, Herbert's Dune series and the follow-up "McDune" series (very nice touch there), then I must admit that perhaps my initial review may be misdirected as I wasn't thinking along that line of thought. My line of thought was that I did separate between the two series and rated them accordingly to their own merits.
admittting he was wrong?
definitely not a preeq!
Spice is the worm's gonads.
grandmastercrafter

Yea - doesn't sympathize with that position anymore, but 6 years ago it would have been a different conversation, I think. It may be that he's had a chance to check the quality of the subsequent works, or something, but our exchange was extremely fruitful - I did NOT expect him to actually change his mind, and tone, from the initial few comments... it really took a lot of time to break down and answer each post. I was agonizing over what to say, and if I should even respond at a few points... but thought that his love of high-quality writings RE military history would predispose him to our points of view.

Or I may have bored him to tears and he just wanted it to stop - hehehe - I hope that's not the case, but I can't rule it out - I have been known to be a tad long-winded from time to time to time, and on occasion, occasionally.
THINK CRITICALLY
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

so atleast some-one is getting use out of the car-industry smilies ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
grandmastercrafter

yeah Totally! I love it - and my favorite color is red too - I don't know how this smilie came to be here, but it's totally a keeper :handgestures-thumbsup:
THINK CRITICALLY