Everybody Hates Keith

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

SandRider
Watermaster

Re: Everybody Hates Keith

Post by SandRider »

he's calling you a trolling post-whore, Duke ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Well, sure, I get that part ...

(Hey, look at me! One more post! Ka-CHING!)

... but I'm just bamboozled by this whole Amazon-related weirdness. I see the words, but they have no meaning.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
E. LeGuille

Post by E. LeGuille »

The topic got out of hand, and that was my fault.

I am sorry that I even tried to blame any of this on you, as it's obvious Im the one who took it too personally.

So, I apologize.

Which I am sure my apologizing will be taken to mean some other context.
Honestly, I am sorry. Whatever this topic was about (Kevin, I think)... I am sorry for hijacking it.
Long Live the Fighters.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

I think part of it was we lost the flow. There was a big gap in there (Sept 3. to yesterday) and much context was lost. Overall, no biggie.

Original thesis of the thread (I'm pretty sure): that spotting other non-OH criticisms of Anderjacket is a very good thing, as it destroys the preek notion that only "haters" or "Talifans" are criticizing TheKJA. Finding old anti-Keith rants, or discovering that plenty of people who aren't huge Dune fans also can't stand the guy is a validation of the premise that he's a worthless hack (and an unpleasant person, to boot).

If it was just us — if we were the only ones who ever had a problem with TheKJA — then, as others have pointed out, we might have a bit of a problem.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Can we get back to hating on KJA now please?
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Nah, he's not worth the bother now. :P
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

A little bit less every day, for sure. With no new McDune due until 2011, it's much more difficult to care about some random hack with emotional issues.

About the only two juicy targets left for the next year-plus are:

1. Miserable paperback sales for Jessica's Wind;

2. Just how big will the "By the authors of DUNE!" be on the Hellhole cover?

Other than that ... meh. Even his Twatter feed is duller than usual.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Whoops, almost forgot:

3. If there is a "Dune 2010" movie, then mocking Anderjacket and Bobo as they stumble around L.A. trying to act like they have even one single clue between them is, of course, totally fair game.

(I give Bobo five days, tops. There's never been a person less prepared for Hollywood)
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I'm actually rather bummed that Berg is out.

His version had MASSIVE FAIL written ALL over it! :lol:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

yeah, with Winds of Dune being such a non-event, even in KJA-Doon Bizarro world,
and the interviews cut&pasted and duly ridiculed, and the traffic Over There looking
like Sunday afternoon in Blinking Light, Texas, motivation's kinda low.

ach, somebody will turn up some stupid Keith said or did and give us some amusement soon.

and E.LeG - don't be so accommodating. Tell Duke to fuck off and die in a fire once in awhile.
not for your sake of course, I don't care about you, but people apologizing for rude statements
and flaming with the Duke just confuses him - messes up his world-view & his place in it. He starts
questioning himself, and tries to be nicer and more polite for awhile, and frankly, that's just boring ....
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

SandRider wrote:Tell Duke to fuck off and die in a fire once in awhile.
Hey!
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

What ?!?
ImageImage

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Nice! :laughing:
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

while browsing for more of Keith's Lies About The Notes&Outline,
I ran across this, which reminded me that this thread was buried
in here somewhere ...
http://www.infinityplus.co.uk/nonfictio ... empire.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hidden Empire: Book 1 of The Saga of Seven Suns by Kevin J Anderson
(Earthlight, £17.99, 677 pages, hardback, ISBN 0-7342-2045-5; also available in trade paperback priced £10.99; published 1 July 2002; ISBN 0-575-07322-5. Earthlight, £6.99, 704 pages, paperback, first published 2002, this edition published 7 July 2003.)

If by some amazing chance you've just arrived at the infinity plus review pages as an sf virgin looking for a book to really turn you on to reading sf then skip this review. Hidden Empire, book one of The Saga of Seven Suns, is not that book.

In 400 years time the Terran Hanseatic League has colonised a number of worlds in our spiral arm of the galaxy - helped in no small part by the generosity of the alien Ildirans. 200 years earlier the Idirans, with the benefit of their ftl drive, rescued Earth's first interstellar generation ships, dropped them off where they wanted to go and gave us the ftl drive for free. Humanity has spread like wildfire since then under the apparently tolerant gaze of their complacent benefactors to the point where the Hanseatic League is about to test some star-making technology left by a mysterious and now vanished race of insect-like aliens.

The League and the Ildirans both need a fuel called ekti available only from the atmospheres of gas giant planets to power their ftl drives, and only a loose grouping of interstellar gypsies known as Roamers can be bothered to mine these planets for the absolutely vital fuel. But after the successful test of the sun making technology, Roamer 'skymines' begin to fall victim to the deadly spacecraft of a strange new race and the Earth Defence Forces and Ildiran Solar Navy find themselves drawn into an apocalyptic war.

That doesn't sound so bad, does it? Some fine, uncluttered space opera in the old tradition - hasn't even Samuel L. Delany himself written novels with flimsier plots? Wasn't Peter F. Hamilton's excellent Night's Dawn trilogy very much this type of grand old story brought a little up to date? There are broad similarities to Hamilton's trilogy, both in the narrative style and the story, but Hidden Empire lacks all the depth of that convoluted but not so very complex work. Simply writing a very, very long story doesn't excuse you from having a decent plot, believable characters and milieu and some decent ideas.

Hidden Empire is not simply bad, it's embarrassingly bad, especially when you realise just how many books Kevin J. Anderson has produced previously. The individual motivations, galactic politics, technologies, culture - everything, in fact, seems crushingly predictable, poorly reasoned and frankly rather naive.

Earthlight publish a lot of good sf, so why they should feel the need to print this monstrosity is beyond me. Innocent trees have died to make this book, and such senseless slaughter should make you angry!

Review by Stuart Carter
http://www.stupc.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ImageImage

D Pope

Post by D Pope »

SandRider quoted Stuart Carter who wrote:The individual motivations, galactic politics, technologies, culture - everything, in fact, seems crushingly predictable, poorly reasoned and frankly rather naive.
I haven't read the Seven Sun books but this goes pretty far in summerizing my views of his treatment of Dune. If he had included rape, excrement, mind controll, necro-sodomy, and a few more words of that ilk, i'd say he was spot on.
Well done Rider!

vulgar, offencive, shattering, embarrasing, somehow largely forgettable, the opposite of thought provoking, invasive, insulting, two girls and a cup, lacking, exceedingly aggrivating, a good arguement FOR illiteracy, hurtfull, callous, pointless, and somehow KJA manages to make it all personal
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Does anyone know anything about this?

The document 'Kevin J. Anderson - Saga of Seven Suns 07 - the Ashes of Worlds' has been deleted

http://www.scribd.com/deleted/36124832? ... +interview" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
Kojiro

Post by Kojiro »

The Hack clearly doesn't want you reading his lame prose for free.
Has not religion claimed a patent on creation for all of these millennia?
-The Tleilaxu Question,
from Muad'dib Speaks
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

D Pope wrote:necro-sodomy
What pile was that gem sitting in?
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Yeah, I was a little wound up that day.

edit; Among others, I decided not to include 'jug-fucker,' as forcing his base intentions on poor Franks ashes seemed too offencive. I guess I got over it...
-Omphalos
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Of course. Lets just call that Mondays Sonia moment and move on... :whistle:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Red Sonia! She gets a LOT of mileage! :lol:
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Kojiro wrote:The Hack clearly doesn't want you reading his lame prose for free.
No no, it was an interview.
I can't help but wonder what got it deleted.
-Omphalos
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Copyright violation, maybe?
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

I just don't know. I'd like to think that KJA slipped & spilled somthing good, noticed later, and asked for deletion, but it's probably gone for lack of interest or some mundane server something or other. There are a lot of interviews missing from DN also. Fewer than five from before 2001.
I'm currently looking for the KJA quote about not publishing the concordance because, "...fans will use it against us."
-Omphalos
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

There are a lot of interviews missing from DN also. Fewer than five from before 2001.
I mean, there's a lot of interviews missing from DN, and, on an unrelated note, i've only been able to find four that predate 2001.
-Omphalos