Dune Facebook

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Re: Dune Facebook

Post by Nekhrun »

ALERT! The next DUNE novel will be entitled THE SISTERHOOD OF DUNE and will likely be published in early 2012. Anyone who’s attended Brian Herbert's and Kevin J. Anderson's talks and signings knows they’ve been planning these books for a long time and, while they still have two more inquels to do, they found themselves much more engrossed with this story.
Emphasis mine.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

how long will all those negative comments attached to that post be up ?

has Official Corporate Dune really given over the DN forum for facebook ?
(makes sense - more short-slogan propaganda, less "discussion")

do we need a "posts I think will be deleted from OCD Facebook" thread ?

'cause I think 7 out of ten posts on that page are gone when Merritt comes up for air ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

SandRider wrote:do we need a "posts I think will be deleted from OCD Facebook" thread ?

'cause I think 7 out of ten posts on that page are gone when Merritt comes up for air ...
We probably do need one. I have started taking screen captures of my posts over there. You would think that when you make such a big announcement that is as exciting as this that you would have someone monitor all of the positive comments that come in!

Now that even the preeqs are referring to the haters' posts once they are deleted the comments won't make any sense.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Nekhrun wrote:Now that even the preeqs are referring to the haters' posts once they are deleted the comments won't make any sense.
And that would trouble Merritt how..?
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
lotek

Post by lotek »

ha ha ha good point!
In the words of someone else. "ZING!"

And I got some screen shots too somewhere :)

I remember this preeq asking how did sandworms survive the transplantation in water; my answer "they wear bathing suits" didn't go down well.
But I had to fight to get banned when at DungN all it took was one post :lol:
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

DuneFishUK wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:Now that even the preeqs are referring to the haters' posts once they are deleted the comments won't make any sense.
And that would trouble Merritt how..?
It wouldn't at all, but it would confuse the hell out of the preeqs who try to follow a conversation (assuming that's even possible anyway).

At the very least, I love seeing the edited conversations just to see where all the gaps are.

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

SandRider wrote:is this "David" a regular braindead pretard or is that question a side-shot at the Spankster ?
Neither braindead nor pretard. ;)

I'm taking screenshots as well. (Although I'm not sure I'm getting everything on The Dune Saga, because I can't even see the group when I log in. It doesn't even come up in searches, like it doesn't exist. :lol: )
lotek

Post by lotek »

[b]Robert Choates[/b] on the Dung FB page wrote:I say please keep writing...Frank Herbert cannot be matched in what he did, those six books he created that gave the world the DuneUniverse. However, how bold a task it had to be to even try for an expansion. I'm glad the effort was made, and continues to be made, an exploration of a story developed by a genesis mind, and then given new life by his son and all those who didn't want to see it fade away into obscurity. Yeah I'm sure that's what Keith wanted to do, and the hlp tooIt's not so much about the added books for me: are they good/are they bad/ do they ruin Frank's vision??? It's about the continuation of the story, a story I happen to love, with all its characters.No if you really loved them continuation of the story would not be your objective. So many people complain, scream, curse, and raise hell, swear that Brain and Kevin will even burn in hell (just read some of the reviews on amazon), and they pick their books apart, some page by page, to prove an act of blasphemy, and yet...they still read the books. Fuck you and you preeq arguments. how the fuck can we say they're shit without reading them you idiot?I think Frank would be amazed and very proud..I think he would be amazed and then sick.he created something that just won't die. I hope it doesn'tSupporting Keith and Bobo's raping of Dune certainly won't help!
Just for a laugh, the guy's intro text on his FB page:
I'm afraid I haven't learned to love...I inform. This can be ridiculous because personal experience cannot be translated as experiential reality into the mind of another. Therefore, I have the habit of coming off like an asshole at times.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

He's definitely another one of the "genesis minds"! :lol:

The dumb bintch who asked me if I was seriously claiming to speak Chakobsa (when I was complaining about the bogus Arabic name in Winds) has chimed in, too.

It's like a black hole of stupid, sucking more stupid into its orbit.... :doh:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
lotek

Post by lotek »

SandChigger wrote:It's like a black hole of stupid, sucking more stupid into its orbit.... :doh:
There could be a use to such a one, just let him suck all the stupid in the world, then build a space probe with all the mcdune unsold copies, coat that with laminated paper copies of all the awards he didn't win, and then just send him boldly somewhere else... far into the genesis mind of the universe or something.
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

SandChigger wrote:He's definitely another one of the "genesis minds"! :lol:

The dumb bintch who asked me if I was seriously claiming to speak Chakobsa (when I was complaining about the bogus Arabic name in Winds) has chimed in, too.

It's like a black hole of stupid, sucking more stupid into its orbit.... :doh:
Yeah, but once its past the event horizon... :pray:
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
lotek

Post by lotek »

if he's not singular, at least he's a singularity!
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Looks like Official Dune doesn't like it when I quote their own words back at them. All my posts are gone and I can no longer comment. Go get 'em Rob!

Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

I can't comment there anymore either, but the last time I checked my comment was still up; the one where I call the person running the Facebook page an idiot.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

BUSINESS as usual.
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Alun Dolton wrote:Reading Winds of Dune...love the deeper exploration of the original storyline
July 4 at 3:58pm · Comment · Like · Flag
Buck Turgidson wrote:I love the luggage with the stickers when Jessica's at the airport remembering all the crazy stuff that's happened to her. Makes me want to go on vacation - like I haven't left the house in 4 years and 57 days- Laugh Out Loud!!!
2 seconds ago · Like · Flag
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

I need popcorn.
lotek

Post by lotek »

merkin muffley wrote:
Alun Dolton wrote:Reading Winds of Dune...love the deeper exploration of the original storyline
July 4 at 3:58pm · Comment · Like · Flag
Buck Turgidson wrote:I love the luggage with the stickers when Jessica's at the airport remembering all the crazy stuff that's happened to her. Makes me want to go on vacation - like I haven't left the house in 4 years and 57 days- Laugh Out Loud!!!
2 seconds ago · Like · Flag
very nice!
and subtle too

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sev

Post by Sev »

Sev wrote:Why so long until the next book. We know from Kevin's tweets that he can knock his half off in 6 weeks, with Brian usually not far behind - then the edits take the rest of the year. So why an additional 6 months+ this time?
I've opened my account there with a serious question, with a slight dig at Keith's productivity - wonder if they'll answer, ignore, or delete?
Freakzilla - "Apparently we can only aspire to be the 13th biggest Dune fan since we are not family or in the HLP."

Byron - "Are you trying to irk me?"
lotek

Post by lotek »

they'll ignore and then delete
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Rob
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Hey, I made it onto the picture. Too bad I can't reply anymore. I also can flag posts or unlike things. Byron can't be running that thing because we know he'd never ban me.

Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Nekhrun wrote:Hey, I made it onto the picture. Too bad I can't reply anymore. I also can flag posts or unlike things. Byron can't be running that thing because we know he'd never ban me.

I know right?

Man, I hope more people post, I want to get in as many shots as possible before they decide to check the page :crazy:

Rob
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Golden, keep us updated. :D
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Rob