Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Re: Chivalry v/s feminism

Post by Nekhrun »

Omphalos wrote:
SandChigger wrote:
Serkanner wrote:I smell two bans approaching rapidly :wink:
Yeah, wait till Freak sees that stuff. :P
I think I'll start calling you a Nazi if Freak threatens to ban me. If not a Nazi, at least a hater of Jews. That should help me make my point that I'm being treated unfairly.
That, or you could start a new blog pretending you're Chig and start saying offensive things to rile people up.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Nekhrun wrote:
Omphalos wrote:
SandChigger wrote:
I think I'll start calling you a Nazi if Freak threatens to ban me. If not a Nazi, at least a hater of Jews. That should help me make my point that I'm being treated unfairly.
That, or you could start a new blog pretending you're Chig and start saying offensive things to rile people up.
:lol: I loved how he kept forgetting what he was up to and slipping from the first person to the third and then back again. How dense do you have to be to do that? :lol:

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Omphalos wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:
Omphalos wrote:
SandChigger wrote:
:lol: I loved how he kept forgetting what he was up to and slipping from the first person to the third and then back again. How dense do you have to be to do that? :lol:
I think we now know. That kid was an idiot.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

:lol: Ah, Swordmaster. Definitely worth a footnote in the Official OH History.

And Omphalos is an honorary kababayan! :lol:
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

In English we say "homie" or "holmes" or "home-slice."

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Omphalos wrote:In English we say "homie" or "holmes" or "home-slice."
Word!
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
Kensai

Post by Kensai »

DuneFishUK wrote:I gave up on chivalry-over-equality a few years ago when a random girl at university decided to tell me off for holding the door open for her.

These were heavy swinging doors - The sort you hold open whoever is coming though after you. To let those door slams on anyone, regardless of their gender, race or creed, would be unbelievably cockish. I suspect she was a mental, but sod it - equality from here on in. Just try not to be a cock.

Simples. :)
I still belive in chivalry, but I don't think it is (or should be) the same as it was. I'm quite sympathetic to both feminist and masculanist causes so I don't belive in double standards. Also I belive its bullshit that women are the weaker sex, there are a couple of women at my Wing Chun class that could probably kick my ass.

I only open doors for my elders, the disabled or if someone is right behind me. I'm not going to hold the door open for some bitch that has a perfectly fine working pair of arms and legs.
Last edited by Kensai on 28 Jun 2010 14:01, edited 1 time in total.
Survival is the ultimate ideology Image
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I'll hold a door until a guy gets to it, that's just courtesy. I'll hold a door for a woman and let her go first, but that's just to check out her ass.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Kensai

Post by Kensai »

Freakzilla wrote:I'll hold a door until a guy gets to it, that's just courtesy. I'll hold a door for a woman and let her go first, but that's just to check out her ass.
:D
Survival is the ultimate ideology Image
A Little Galach

Post by A Little Galach »

Freakzilla wrote:I'll hold a door until a guy gets to it, that's just courtesy. I'll hold a door for a woman and let her go first, but that's just to check out her ass.
Agreed. Chivalry is for the elderly and the attractive.