Fred Pohl blogs about Herbert

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Fred Pohl blogs about Herbert

Post by Omphalos »

Several decades ago Fred Pohl wrote a combination personal memoir and history of the genre called [url-http://www.omphalosbookreviews.com/inde ... s/info/205]The Way The Future Was[/url]. Recently he has been updating and adding to that work with his blog, called The Way The Future Blogs. In the last few weeks he has started talking about Herbert, here:

http://www.thewaythefutureblogs.com/201 ... -dune-man/

Pohl is quite elderly, and in more than one place that unfortunately shines through. But despite the mistakes, this may turn into something pretty cool. Check it out.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Fred Pohl blogs about Herbert

Post by Freakzilla »

:handgestures-thumbupright:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Their multi-roomed house, though it had six baths, had only one bedroom, and that was their own. (They didn’t like the idea of houseguests.)

WTF? :lol:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Askaris linked to one of his posts over on Facebook, and then about half a day later Pussy-in-Boots picked it up. :roll:

The post Askaris linked to equated Arrakis with Iraq and mentioned former VP Cheney as the Baron or something? So, yeah, he's kinda misremembering things. Some interesting details might come out, but I'd say they'd have to be double-checked before you could believe them.