Dune Facebook

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Dune Facebook

Post by Nekhrun »

It seemed like the Facebook related threads here were specific to the circumstance so I'm starting one where we can include anything related to Facebook and Dune.

Like this post that I had deleted this morning. I actually edited out some other things before I actually posted it so this was pretty toned down:

Guess not.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Dune Facebook

Post by Freakzilla »

:lol:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Hell no, they've got their noses stuck into their SMELLHOLE. :roll:

God only knows what the fuck Brian Herbert does with his time, but KJA seems to be on the same full-out writing-machine schedule he's always claimed to maintain. HE hasn't mentioned doing anything related to the next "Dune" book that I've seen.

McDune: The name goes on before the quality goes in. And somehow they always seem to forget to get around to the quality...
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

It is almost too easy to make this type of comments ... but I still love them ... :lol:
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
lotek

Post by lotek »

they're pussies on dune facebook they banned me for a joke on waterworms(and a few others)
Spice is the worm's gonads.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

If you can't answer the hard questions... just delete them! :lol:
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

The Official Dune page on Facebook posted this link http://www.boingboing.net/2010/05/08/fa ... vid-l.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to a fan edit of the Lynch film. It makes me wonder what the difference between this and the Spanish Dune film is. Why would they stop one completely original fan creation and not this piece of shit?
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

lotek

Post by lotek »

because they might get a financial return from a regain of interest in LYnch's Dune, plus the fact that it is far away enough from the books(the real books)not to threaten the nucrap like a faithful adaptation made by real fans would

in the commentaries
anaglyph wrote:• #10 • 15:45 on Sat, May. 8

With all the CGI help in the universe he'll never fix Sting's atrocious acting.
Anon wrote: • #6 • 15:25 on Sat, May. 8

Copyright infringement! Copyright infringement!

Off with his head!!!
W. James Au wrote: • #20 • 18:57 on Sat, May. 8

Warning to Sasha Burrow: The lawyers for Frank Herbert's estate are raging dicks about fan tributes like yours. Read:

http://nwn.blogs.com/nwn/2009/04/enforcers-of-dune.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

tell me when that last comment is deleted, please ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

SandRider wrote:tell me when that last comment is deleted, please ...
That's on the BoingBoing site, so Byron has no power over that one. Yet again, he posts a link to a place where he's forced to see criticism of his cash cow.

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I think we've already linked to that guy's blog here a couple months back.

And I reTwitted someone else mentioning it yesterday morning, a good 12 hours before DuneNovels picked it up. COINCIDENCE OR NOT?! :P :dance:
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Sasha has a youtube channel promoting his fanedit, http://www.youtube.com/user/omniviant#g/u.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I saw at least one post on Twitter complaining about it; compared it to Lucas diddling Star Wars with new CG. :roll:
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

I got a whiff of that myself in a couple of the composite shots I looked at, extra shit for extra shits sake. That said the shots are very, very rough and can only get better.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I always check The Dune Saga group before logging in, because they've banned me and I can't view the page after logged in, and I just saw this:
Dan Katz I just joined this group to have the opportunity that I might express to the authors how much I despise everything they've done to the series. You have effectively taken a series of books which was the pinnacle of science fiction and surrounded it in a bubble of suck. Your books are worthless.

---Dan
3 hours ago
Gonna beFriend him if I ain't already! :P
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Never knew there was anything on facebook, didn't have to go far before finding this;

Nate Funk Yeah, I remember back when this stuff was starting he claimed and I shit you not that a spiritual guide channeled his mothers spirit and led him to a safety deposit box containing the foundation of the backstory to the Dune universe and the outline for dune 7. I looked it up and they kind of erased the whole spirit guide part from the safety ... See Moredeposit box story and they've never publicly revealed these notes because they are fake as hell. Anyways the ending to dune 7 was so lullzy it was basically made to justify the robot prequel books. Duncan Idaho turns out to be the ultimate Kwisatz Haderach while Moa'dib clone sits in a pool of his own blood stabbed by "evil Paul" raised by even more evil baron Harkonnene clone. Then Duncan beats up the cpu of whole computer empire then fuses with it to become ruler of man and machine and there is happiness in the universe 4 lyfe.
June 4 at 5:01pm.John Robertson Yea he and Erasmus go super saiyan or something. I liked Duncan, don't get me wrong, but if anyone is going to be the ultimate Kwisatz Haderach it's going to be Paul or Leto II, not freakin' abomination-bangin Duncan.
June 4 at 5:08pm.John Robertson Comedy option would be Gurney owning it up on the baliset and hitting Sardaukar over the head with it or something.
June 4 at 5:09pm.Nate Funk Comedy would of been meeting the computer overmind and Paul goes, "...Father...?" Leto MK XXIX ruler of computer lands.
June 4 at 5:11pm.John Robertson beep boop. GOLDEN PATH. boop.
June 4 at 5:13pm.Nate Funk Kevin J. Anderson is such a fucking joke. He writes Star Wars novels so his vocabulary is stunted and you can tell his sentence structure is horrible because he keeps wanting to say lightsaber or jumped in the hovercraft to shoot Jawas. I kind of would of had a little more respect for Herberts money grubbing fugly kid if he would of ruined the series on his own. I bought them anyways ya'll :/ Had to see the train-wreck.
June 4 at 5:13pm
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Nice. It great when someone outside the OH community stumbles across the official Dune machine and takes the opportunity to express their opinion.

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Well, that's just more cherry-picking. :wink:
Hunchback Jack wrote:Nice. It great when someone outside the OH community stumbles across the official Dune machine and takes the opportunity to express their opinion.
More evidence that you don't have to be Orthodox to realize the new books are shit.
D Pope wrote:I remember back when this stuff was starting he claimed and I shit you not that a spiritual guide channeled his mothers spirit and led him to a safety deposit box containing the foundation of the backstory to the Dune universe and the outline for dune 7.
I wish she'd channeled Frank. He would've said, "Anyone but Kevin J. Anderson."
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

In a very real way I found this discovery heartwarming. I'm not gonna get too mushy here but with a single exception in the eighties, i've been alone with Dune. Frank has been there for me during some pretty low times & I can't help taking it personally when KJH....(look up Sandchigger to see how I feel)
Untill I found Jacarutu, it was Kevins world. This site promotes in me the hope that it's not.
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

It's not. It never will be.

Gion shouja no kane no koe
shogyou mujou no hibiki ari.
Shara souju no hana no iro
jousha hissui no kotowari o arawasu.
Ogoreru hito mo hisashikarazu,
Tada haru no yo no yume no gotoshi.
Takeki mono mo tsui ni horobinu.
Hitoe ni kaze no mae no chiri ni onaji.

The knell of the bells at the Gion temple
Echoes the impermanence of all things.
The colour of the flowers on its double-trunked sala tree
Reveals the truth that to flourish is to fall.
He who is proud is not so for long,
Like a passing dream on a night in spring.
He who is brave is finally destroyed,
To be no more than dust before the wind.
lotek

Post by lotek »

merkin muffley wrote:Well, that's just more cherry-picking. :wink:
That's what got me banned from Dung novels, cherry picking.
Hunchback Jack wrote:Nice. It great when someone outside the OH community stumbles across the official Dune machine and takes the opportunity to express their opinion.
More evidence that you don't have to be Orthodox to realize the new books are shit.
D Pope wrote:I remember back when this stuff was starting he claimed and I shit you not that a spiritual guide channeled his mothers spirit and led him to a safety deposit box containing the foundation of the backstory to the Dune universe and the outline for dune 7.
I wish she'd channeled Frank. He would've said, "Anyone but Kevin J. Anderson."
Or
"Who is that guy???"
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

so're those boys largely deleted & banned ?
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Not gone yet but it wasn't easy finding them again so. Related posts, it's the one with 20 comments.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Dune- ... 522?ref=ts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shall I invite these guys to have a stroll around the cast out?
-Omphalos
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

It's sad, but the first thing I thought of when I read that poem that Chig posted was the movie Sukiyaki Western Django.

Oh, D Pope, why do you refer to Spanky McDune as "KJH?" Kevin/Keith J. Hack/Hackerson?
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

kev jacking herbert
( KJH- a binary parasite whose sum is less than its combined parts, noted only for its mindless consumption)
and it's letters relationship on my keyboard.

Sorry mate, I had this on another thread. Doubt it'll catch on but I like it. Feels better than giving KJA all the credit. They seem to me sometimes to be the same organism, if you believe they're organic. (Erasimnus?)
Last edited by D Pope on 10 Jun 2010 10:52, edited 1 time in total.
-Omphalos