My skin is not my own...

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

lotek

Re: My skin is not my own...

Post by lotek »

Hunchback Jack wrote:Heh. Thanks, but this is KJA we're talking about. Easy target. ;)

HBJ

tell me about it :)
I collected an enormous number of rejection slips (over 800 at last count), enough to earn me a trophy, "The Writer with No Future," at an authors' conference.
:lol: :lol:

"they don't happen quite so often": to me that means they still do happen, doesn't it?

And Jacurutu is on page 3 of the google results(no not that page 3)
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=381" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

merkin muffley wrote:
Hunchback Jack wrote:I imagine we'll soon be hearing that he was going to send a signed copy of his first novel to Dickens, but Dickens passed away before he had the chance.
Yeah, I thought Frank Herbert was his spiritual brother from a different mother. I've always thought, though, that Omnius was like the Ghost of Christmas Past with some Mengele.
This guy?
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

Hunchback Jack wrote:I imagine we'll soon be hearing that he was going to send a signed copy of his first novel to Dickens, but Dickens passed away before he had the chance.

HBJ
Good one! :lol:
Tleszer wrote:
merkin muffley wrote:
Yeah, I thought Frank Herbert was his spiritual brother from a different mother. I've always thought, though, that Omnius was like the Ghost of Christmas Past with some Mengele.
This guy?
I'd rather say this one is more like KJA himself; they have a lot in common when it comes to narrative strategies and the power of imagination :D
WHAT IF YOU NO LONGER HEAR THE MUSIC OF LIFE?
MEMORIES ARE NOT ENOUGH UNLESS THEY CALL YOU TO NOBLE PURPOSE!
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Wow, that robot turkey story IS JUST like a KJA book. :lol:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Thodol

Post by Thodol »

The robot chicken is forever going to be the mental voice I hear when reading anything related to nu-dune. It is fate...
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Thodol wrote:The robot chicken is forever going to be the mental voice I hear when reading anything related to nu-dune. It is fate...
THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO, before the dawn of man as we knew him, there was Sir Santa of Claus, an ape-like creature making crude and pointless toys out of dinobones and his own waste, hurling them at chimp-like creatures with crinkled hands regardless of how they behaved the previous year. These so-called "toys" were buried as witches, and defecated upon, and hurled at predators when wakened by the searing grunts of children. It wasn't a holly jolly Christmas that year. For many were killed. A war-like race of elves from the Red Planet landed on the ice-encased Earth, and they were immediately enslaved by the unevolved Santa Ape to make his confused toys using galactic elfin technology. Toys were made into recognizable shapes and given names like "train, " but these toys were also thrown at predators and defecated upon because they were so stupid. Christmas still sucked, in a big way.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Thodol

Post by Thodol »

134,745 years ago the earth erupted forth a robotic ghost from 10,000,000 years in the future. That ghost also became a robot turkey.
Hahaha I tried to imbed a perfect video but it did not want to work.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

With the weaker gravity, wouldn't Martians tend to be taller than humans, rather than smaller? :?

But I like the idea of throwing feces. Squirting from syringes is more efficient. But FIREHOSES! To die for! :P
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

SandChigger wrote:With the weaker gravity, wouldn't Martians tend to be taller than humans, rather than smaller? :?

But I like the idea of throwing feces. Squirting from syringes is more efficient. But FIREHOSES! To die for! :P
Maybe, but when they get here wouldn't our earthian gravity crush them to elfin size?
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Thodol

Post by Thodol »

WRONG, he said RED PLANET. He never specified Mars, in the age of chicken apocalypse during the second quickening there was a second red planet in the solar system. It had 40 times the gravity of Earth.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Thodol wrote:Hahaha I tried to imbed a perfect video but it did not want to work.
If it's YouTube, it's just:

[youtube]actual YouTube URL[youtube]

For instance, to hear Spanky McDune talk about some book about ships and monsters and other stuff that like 13 people bothered to read, you take this URL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci3bBYFaeYQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Put tags around it ... and you get this:

"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Bleh.

That just reminded me that even Spanky's voice annoys me completely ... to say nothing of his actual writing.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

I love the picture of him in that clip preview. He looks about as clueless as I've come to imagine him.

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Thodol wrote:WRONG, he said RED PLANET. He never specified Mars
:roll:

I have pix of my anal sphincter that perfectly express just how UNimpressed I am. Wanna see? :D
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

SandChigger wrote:
Thodol wrote:WRONG, he said RED PLANET. He never specified Mars
:roll:

I have pix of my anal sphincter that perfectly express just how UNimpressed I am. Wanna see? :D
I must warn you, Thodol, no matter the answer, there can only be horror... unimaginable horror!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Ha ha! Who would believe a guy with a green tushie?! WHO?! :twisted:
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

SandChigger wrote: I have pix of my anal sphincter that perfectly express just how UNimpressed I am. Wanna see? :D

yeah, what the hell ? I'm a gambling man, and if they're in focus, I'll pass them on to Frank Walden ...

tell you what, resize them down, so they don't bog down my dial-up,
send them to the live address below; I'll preview and let you know which
ones I want full-size ...

(please know I do not enjoy the scat photos, but am not offended by the random dingleberry ...)
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Gah!

Unsubscribe! Unsubscribe!
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

SandRider wrote:(please know I do not enjoy the scat photos, but am not offended by the random dingleberry ...)
I, myself, prefer to have some warning. :)

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

With Chig, sometimes a warning is never enough.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

One order of dingleberries coming right up! :twisted:
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

:shock: :doh:
TheDukester wrote:Gah!

Unsubscribe! Unsubscribe!